It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How real do you see the threat of tyranny as being?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
No matter what ever happens in my life, I will never shoot any living being. I would have to be a completely different person in order to change that view. So I guess I should be in the front lines of any protest, because I would be of no use to a population pushed to violence. But it's just me. I totally understand those who would fight oppression with every last weapon at their disposal.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For anyone, no mater what the response, it is going
to take a organized group to get it going or nothing
will happen. We are strong as a individual but we
also have responsibilities to keep in mind and family.

Sadly, if things keep going the way they are, i see two
outcomes, one which as you state, where the masses
take up arms against the govt, the other is the nation
splits and becomes 2 , one where the current govt controls
and the other where the constitution is held to the letter, and
things start over.

Although i dont honestly see any of this happening, but if things
keep going like they are and the masses keep getting tired of being
ignored and ran over by the powers in charge, its possible.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 800lbsGorilla
reply to post by SilentKoala

I'd wager that "TPTB" are more concerned about identifying those people, than some kids on an internet message board.

You'd wager?

You want to see proof that NSA is monitoring ATS from NSA.gov?

I have no doubt this site is heavily monitored. I just don't think their priorities lie with average Joes on the internet. I suspect that their priorities would lie with monitoring those who have wealth, military power, intel, or some kind of special influence that would make them a strong asset in a revolt. John Doe College Student who posts on ATS isn't going to bring down the government.

It's just like how cameras in department stores are used almost exclusively to spy on employees, because they can do much more damage to the company. Sure, they spy on the customers too, but it's mostly the employees. I guarantee you every single government employee in the executive branch is monitored and has a file over at the NSA. I wouldn't say the same about every single civilian.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
OP, several people have mentioned this already: This is a dangerous game; people could be harmed by naively playing this stupid game. Please have this thread closed. Even--in fact especially--if its purpose is for your own idle curiosity, put it away....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'll never take up arms against a moral government, but if someone under the color of law came to my home with intent to execute an unconstitutional action against me or a family member, then I would administer correction upon the traitorous swine.

Just sort of joking here, but then again...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
"At what point would you take up arms against the US government?"

When I am 100% sure that we know what we plan to replace the government with.

At this point in time it would be the worst thing we could do. As long as we have a capitalist economy it's not the government we need to replace first.
edit on 1/2/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If they havnt already taken up arms.... Americans a very resiliant.

They only slap in the face left is ringing the door bell demanding they hamd over all guns.

On a side note. I watched a few episodes of RUSSIA FPS and its pretty shocking to see what
is legal to own in the states. Entertaining. But shocking.

link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

i have to agree with you there.
It's one thing to think we have free speech
but someone come along that is half drunk or
not thinking and start posting and wake up to a
door knock and a lot of guys in black suv's...

its not just tv shows that happens in.

it would be to easy for someone to go to far on a topic
such as this. It would be safer to keep this kind of conversation
a bit more low key, if at all.

link   

How smart are you then?

They are here, they are reading, you accept that much. Do you think it is much trouble for them to tag the dumb soul who says he will take up arms against the government in scenario x.

That is borderline retarded.

By all means, share your intentions.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Karate Chop! or Playin' Possum perhaps....Kill 'em with kindness

Direct from Steve Brule's School of "LAST RESORT!"

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ok its time to get that 404.

This topic is going nowhere and frankly there's nothing to really discuss here but anti stuff.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I doubt I could ever shoot anything either, and honestly I personally don't really see a realistic scenario taking place any time in the near future where any kind of armed revolution would be necessary (or effective). But many people seem to feel otherwise, and I'm curious as to why.

Regarding people being flagged or monitored, since people on this and other forums have already expressed or strongly implied that they would resist attempts to seize their weapons with force and that they perceive a threat requiring armed resistance as being a possibility, I would imagine that a lot are already on "the list". I suppose if people are that worried about it, they can avoid posting, and if moderators see this thread as a problem, they can delete it, retitle it, etc. But I think that the sentiments of a lot of people on here are already clear.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed;

if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly;

you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival.

There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.

Sir Winston Churchill.

P

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

WARNING

Three letter agencies are reading along behind the scenes.

Which only proves the necessity of the discussion.

Just saying that it is not smart to share here that you are going to take up arms against the government in any case.

But that is your RIGHT is it not. That is the reason you all have guns right..?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Alright, I changed the thread title to something a bit less provocative.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Nanocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

There is a right to own and bear arms. As far as I know there is no right to armed revolution to overthrow the government. And if there was, they probably still would do everything to prevent it, don't you think?

Some of these replies are a bit surreal if you ask me. What part of my warning is so hard to grasp?
edit on 2-1-2013 by 800lbsGorilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nanocyte
reply to post by trysts

I doubt I could ever shoot anything either, and honestly I personally don't really see a realistic scenario taking place any time in the near future where any kind of armed revolution would be necessary (or effective). But many people seem to feel otherwise, and I'm curious as to why.

Regarding people being flagged or monitored, since people on this and other forums have already expressed or strongly implied that they would resist attempts to seize their weapons with force and that they perceive a threat requiring armed resistance as being a possibility, I would imagine that a lot are already on "the list". I suppose if people are that worried about it, they can avoid posting, and if moderators see this thread as a problem, they can delete it, retitle it, etc. But I think that the sentiments of a lot of people on here are already clear.

Yes, I find nothing wrong with your question. It is an opinions page, and it wasn't worded like "let's mobilize for an armed revolution". Who knows who looks at this stuff? But I'm just being honest. I can't think like people who shock me with their oppression, violence, and complete lack of empathy. I think my own life is worth less than the idea of not injuring or killing others, whether others are people or animals.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

There is a right to own and bear arms. As far as I know there is no right to armed revolution to overthrow the government.

Rights are not given by government. Rights are inherent.

You're referring to which human rights are cited in the Constitution. But human rights exist universally, whether they are cited by a document or not.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

You're referring to which human rights are cited in the Constitution. But human rights exist universally, whether they are cited by a document or not.

Not sure why you are telling me this.

I responded to the poster saying there is a right to armed revolution.

Seems he was talking about the constitution in response to my comment saying it was not smart to divulge the information the OP was asking for.

And now you are talking about universal human rights.

What does that have to do with my warning?

Your angle is pretty weird.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Legion2024

There is a right to own and bear arms. As far as I know there is no right to armed revolution to overthrow the government. And if there was, they probably still would do everything to prevent it, don't you think?

Some of these replies are a bit surreal if you ask me. What part of my warning is so hard to grasp?
edit on 2-1-2013 by 800lbsGorilla because: (no reason given)

And why is everyone on about the second amendment, The right to bear arms to protect your selves against a corrupt government..? There are thousands of threads all over the internet on why people want to keep their guns and the right to have guns is mostly linked to self protection against a corrupt government..?

Just some questions nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join