It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biofuel scam defrauds government.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
In the current fiscal climate, the USA has little money spare for essential services, let alone for corporations utilising loopholes at the US taxpayers expense.

A cargo train filled with biofuels crossed the border between the US and Canada 24 times between the 15th of June and the 28th of June 2010; not once did it unload its cargo, yet it still earned millions of dollars. CBC News of Canada was the first to pick up on this story on the 3rd of December 2012, and began their own investigation into the possible explanations behind this odd behaviour.

CN Rail, the operator of the train, stated their innocence in the matter as they had only “received shipping directions from the customer, which, under law, it has an obligation to meet. CN discharged its obligations with respect to those movements in strict compliance with its obligations as a common carrier, and was compensated accordingly.” Even so, they still managed to earn C$2.6 million in shipping fees.

oilprice.com...

www.mnn.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I dont think anyone got defrauded. Sounds like a great way for Uncle Sam to launder/hide some money to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This really pi$$es me off.

It was bad enough that the green movement has manipulated science to its own ends.

Now we have corporations milking the system on the back of the same bad science.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You didnt expect anyone to let an opportunity to steal some money to slip through their fingers, did you?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

I dont think anyone got defrauded. Sounds like a great way for Uncle Sam to launder/hide some money to me.

They use the transfer of Bio-fuel to get grants/tax-breaks from the government.

Normally though......you get it for each unique load....not for the same load over and over again.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Exactly. Using the same load over and over and getting "paid" for it. Then the "buyer" gets a kickback. Pretty good scam.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What is the big deal?
Fudging the numbers and making money off the climate change hoax, isn't this what modern environmentalism is all about?

top topics

join