learn more

Damn aspca commercials...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
S+F for saving the Canine.

Now as far as the commercials, I don't think is a coincidence that the increase in the aspca commercials occurred right after the aspca lost a 9.3 million lawsuit to Ringling Bros. Circus because of fraud perpetuated by several animal rights groups and had to settle out of court before losing even more money.

ASPCA

Lastly the chocolate myth really needs to stop. A dog WILL NOT die from 1 snickers bar. I don't know how these things get started.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Kudos for saving animals. I have rescued many in my lifetime and have shared many years of love and joy with them.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Advantage,
There is nothing wrong with you or your good intentions...For anyone who is truly Human, caring for another person or animal is a beautiful, natural act of compassion. Without that compassion, we are little more than hairless beasts, like the ones that mistreat those animals in the first place.
Please make every attempt to adopt from a shelter or animal rescue if you can.
Remember, we are all god's children...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
I took in a dog once that was a world class cat killer. I did everything I could to stop him from hunting down the neighbors cats. In the end I had to put him down. He was just too good at it. I never blamed him. He was just made for it. The neighbors saw it differently.

Damaged dogs require a ton of work. Please be ready for it. This girl needs to be cared for. If you aren't in a place to focus, I recommend that you find her someone that is.

But if you commit to her. Do it with all your heart

You mean like you should have allowed this dog you mention to go to a home where he would have been kept in a manner that would not have allowed him to eat the neighbors cats? You should be ashamed.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

I have to walk out of the room too.
So sad to see these poor animals.
I want to help them all.

Kudos to you for saving the life of one...whether it was on a commercial, or because of one, or not.

You can't help them all. Animals need to be free. When did we start caging all of them up? Why?
edit on 3-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Props to you for rescuing that dog!! I've never understood how people could mistreat dogs. A dog will never let you down or fail you, will love you unconditionally for as long as it will live if you simply show them some minor affection. The same should be said about all of humanity but sadly it simply can't.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You know what i found odd about these commercials? Im watching comedy central right? And there's this roast of (insert name here, because i cant remember who exactly.)not the point, The point is im laughing hysterically at a crude burn they just did on the person of the hour, and cut to commercials, what do i see? this. Really, mood rollercoaster right there, total buzzkill. i would never do harm to an animal, but there;s a time and place to bring that up, not during a comedy central show full of nasty jokes.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

He gave the dog a Snickers? Chocolate is bad for dogs

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
How wonderful of you to take in that girl!

I feel the same way when I see the animals in that commercial. Except then I get mad. 'We will send you this sweatshirt and magazine for your donation."
Really?
Use that damn money for the animals!

I'm working on my hubby right now about adopting a shelter dog. He only wants two, which we have. Guess I need to do more training on him, as well as the current babies.

And BTW, Lots of Chocolate is bad, but my vet said it's mostly bakers chocolate.

We had a boxer that ate a whole Easter basket of milk chocolate and didn't even get a belly ache, according to the vet.
edit on 3-1-2013 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I hate it that Comedy Central plays those commercials so much. It's like I'm watching a hilarious show or a stand-up act and laughing my head off, then up comes this commercial trying to break my heart.

Another problem I have is that the dogs in those commercials are fine. They're in cages, so they have shelter, and I'm assuming the people there feed them. Show me some dogs wandering around in the desert with shirts wrapped around their heads and maybe I'll send some money.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Since I already talked about it I suppose I won't be shy and tell a quick story.

I just had to spend a day in jail. There were 15 of us in this room, sitting in our bunks. Half of us were reading and the other guys were watching something on the TV. One of these commercials came on and the room went completely silent. Everyone that was reading put down their books. A few seconds later the enormous heroin addict next to me yelled 'Damn't INMATE change the ******* channel when this **** comes on!' Then the rest of us got loud until INMATE changed the channel. I fist bumped the guy, and after that the channel got changed REAL quick when that commercial came on.

Edit for clarity.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The ratio of milk chocolate kill a dog is one ounce per pound so if a dog weighs 100 punds you would need 100 ounces or 6.25 pounds of milk chocolate. Who in their right mind is going to give a full grown dog 6 pounsd of chocolate? Water will kill a person if drank to fast and to much at one time too. So a little chocolate every now and then is not going to kill your dog.

Originally posted by totalperdition

He went over and coaxed it out from under a bed and it was wagging its tail and so humble it urinated on herself.. he gave her a snickers and some water and called me.

Hope it wasn't snickers the candy bar, chocolate is poisonous for dogs.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have to leave the room or change the channel when those commercials come on as well. They are way too sad for me. You seem like a very special person with a big heart and I wish you the best of luck with your new dog!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

More power to you. Me and my family have taken in numerous rescue dogs and have loved every one of them. Our current BFF is an angel. Would not trade her for the world.

The people who do not respect these critters move themselves down a notch on the 'respect given/deserved' scale. The ones who intentionally harm these critters, well, I have special feelings for them. I will leave it at that...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Great thread. These almost bothered me for a while, but I learned to ignore them. I have a few animals myself but I am not out to save the pets of the world just because Sarah McLachlan is wailing about some arms of the angels bs.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
That first video really got to me.

"Some animals have never been loved"

Guess what kitty and dog... neither have I. where's my charity?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

How delightful yet bittersweet, to hear of your kindness and "soft heart" for animals! Never, ever feel you're a sucker...YOU are the kind of person animals need in their lives. Yes those commercials cannot be easily viewed by me, but neither can I watch the abuse that is done to many of these beautiful creatures!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Love animals but hate those commercials.

Love how they show abused animals to get your money...but they euthanize when nobody adopts them?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You know difference between you and the ASPCA? You actually SAVE animal's and give them medical care and a loving home. The ASPCA just solicits money and rakes it in by the bucketsful - yet spend very very little of it on helping any animals.

Don't get me started - I will get extremely P O'd!!

The ASPCA/HSUS and PETA are all money making shams. Don't ever donate to them. Only donate to rescue groups and local shelters that you can be sure use the money to actually help the animals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join