It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry has no plan for social security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Look out Seniors, your in trouble if John Kerry is elected!
Social Security Reform is on the way and Seniors will loose!!!

Cost Of Doing Nothing: $10 Trillion.
Sen. Kerry does not address the $10 trillion funding gap in Social Security. "

[T]he remaining long run financing gap that program reforms must ultimately close is $10.4 trillion in present value."
(Social Security Administration Website, "2004 OASDI Trustees Report," www.ssa.gov... ,
Accessed 10/18/04)

John Kerry's Plan: "Ignore It And Hope The Problem Will Go Away."

"Sen. John Kerry has said he won't consider personal investment accounts, raising the retirement age or cutting benefits.

So far, his answer has been to talk about the need for economic growth. In other words, ignore it and hope the problem will go away."

(Matt Moore, Op-Ed, "SOCIAL SECURITY: Bush's Reform Plan Bests His Opponent's No-Plan Approach," St. Louis Post Dispatch, 10/17/04)

"Kerry Has Not Laid Out A Clear Path To Solvency For Social Security And Medicare."

(Janet Hook, "Major Fiscal Worries Not On Anyone's Agenda," Los Angeles Times, 7/27/04)

Magazine Said "No Serious Economist" Believes Kerry Solution Will Work.

"In 1996, Senator Kerry argued that America needed to consider bold options in pensions reform, including raising the retirement age and means-testing pension benefits.

Now he rejects that position, claiming economic growth will fix America's pension problem. ... No serious economist believes such a blas� approach will work."("The Problem With Kerrynomics," The Economist, 5/1/04)

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Social Security problem has been debated for many years now. The first person to offer a viable solution will probably win a Nobel prize in economics.

Maybe Kerry indeed is not a financial genius of that caliber.

However, at least he's not talking bull. When the economy was booming, and the money was not yet sank into Iraq for no reason at all, there was (remember?) a huge budget surplus. It could be used to bail out the SocSec. Makes sense to me.

Stop building bases in Iraq, bring the soldiers home and invest in America insted of lining the pockets of the likes of Halliburton.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh and I suppose Bush's 4 years in office have greatly solved the problem? Please.... Somehow, I think that going from a budget surplus to a budget defecit may not have helped matters....thanks to Shrub.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I couldn't have said it better Aelita. Thanks.

And Mods are you guys allowing members to post all caps in titles to promote their party?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Kerry has no plans for social security.....involving anything like Bush's ideas about privatising large chunks of it to hand over major parts of it to his corporate friends to raid.

Phew, I bet many US seniors are glad about that!

[edit on 26-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What was Bush's plan again?

top topics

join