It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Raining (11's) at Your House Like It's Raining (11's) at Mine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

11.11 in Numerology and Synchronicity

Numerologists believe that events linked to the time 11:11 appear more often than can be explained by chance or coincidence. This belief is related to the concept of synchronicity. Some authors claim that seeing 11:11 on a clock is an auspicious sign. Others claim that 11:11 signals a spirit presence. The belief that the time 11:11 has mystical powers has been adopted by believers in New Age philosophies. However, skeptics say that Uri Geller's examples of 11:11 phenomena in world events are examples of post-hoc reasoning and confirmation bias.

Do You See 11.11 and Other Time Prompts?:

11.11 The Eleven Eleven Project:

Is It Raining (11’s) at Your House Like It’s Raining (11’s) at Mine?

One day, my conspiracy mind led to my online attempt of understanding synchronicity experienced by a high percentage of people (because it must be real if it’s online, right?). It wasn’t long before found myself reading about people who experienced the 11.11 phenomena.

Basically, for those unfamiliar, there are reports of people who constantly see 11.11 everywhere. They can go through an entire day without looking at a clock, but when they do... 11.11 - it doesn't stop with clocks.

Many people notice the 11's on clocks, and for some, they are present almost anywhere that numbers are used. The duration of a phone call, the amount deducted from pay, the amount owed to various creditors, the trip mileage on their car, time left on the microwave, time left on the oven timer, etc.

In fact, it happens so frequently to some people that many of them are disturbed by it. Some people even become obsessed with the occurrence, believing they are special and the numbers relate directly and specifically to them.

Personally, I have never experienced the phenomena to an extent I could rule out coincidence - even though I do not believe in a large majority of coinciding events. However, as far as I can remember, I have experienced something very similar. It was not 11.11 - though I have seen it quite frequently. The numbers I see all over the place are; 12.34

I can go throughout the work day without looking at a clock, but when I think it is time to get lunch, many time the clock reads 12.34. When I go to bed, I look at the clock and it reads 12.34.

It’s not just clocks, I have noticed 12.34 in the same places mentioned above, relative to 11.11.

I also see 81 or 18 in many places. I assumed this could be explained, because my football # was 81 and it's why I dismissed the constantly appearing 8's & 1's.

Talking to an old friend about it, I told her it’s probably like buying a new car that you’ve rarely see on the highway, but as soon as you buy it, you see them everywhere!! She’s into metaphysics, numerology, & synchronicity, etc. and told me I don‘t see the number because it was my jersey number, instead it is because the numbers are drawn to their ‘Owners‘.

OK, anyway…

Yesterday I was making a phone call and noticed the call’s duration, 11.11. I found it amusing. I ended the call and saw clock reading 11.11.

Hmmm…

I went to a deli for lunch and paid with a $20. I got back $10.17. Not quite 11.11...

Yesterday afternoon, when I got home, I emptied my pockets of my wallet, keys, phone and change. As I added the change from my pocket I had $1.11 in coins. Again, not quite 11.11, then I realized I also had two $5.00 bills in the same pocket. $5+$5 = $10.…. $10+$1.11 = $11.11

By then it was getting very strange, but I wasn’t really thinking more about it.

Last night I get a call from a worker, saying he can’t come to work today. The time on the clock? You are correct, 11.11.

I had a strange dream relating to 11.11, but I didn’t not see 11.11 in my dream. I saw 12.34. It was probably a carry over from my earlier sightings of 11.11. In my dream, someone asked me why I don’t see 12.34 anymore? They said, ‘You guys make a great couple, never thought you’d stop seeing 12.34’… ha-ha!

I wake up and prep for work. I stop for coffee and a couple lottery tickets on the way to the shop. One of the scratch off tickets was a winner, I got a free ticket. It wasn’t my idea that the recent sightings of 11.11 brought me luck, but it is related. The number needed to match one of the prize numbers was 11. The free ticket number? - 11.

It’s becoming impossible to not be very suspicious about this… I leave work early, guess the time. No, not 11.11 this time, it was 12.34.

(My shop is basically in my backyard, so it only takes 5mins to get home). I get home and start watching ESPN, to catch up on the NCAA bowl season., by now it is 12.45. I got a phone call and paused ESPN.

Several minutes later, I return to my throne and un-pause ESPN. I’m not sure how familiar you are with DVR’s, but my remote has a button with the word, ‘Live’, written on it. When this button is pressed, the program catapults to the live broadcast and a program duration bar appears at the bottom of the screen. The duration bar shows how much time is remaining, how far along in the program you are, the current viewing status of Stop, Pause, Play, FFWD, RWND,. ….

Remember, at this point, the clock on the cable box reads 12.53p and I had just clicked the ‘Live’ button and was sent forward to the program’s latest broadcast… It was 12.53 and the film could not fast-forward any further.

When I looked at the duration bar and saw the timing of the video displayed as ‘Live’ time or ‘Real-Time’, I noticed something wasn’t right. It should have read 12.53p, instead it read, 11.11p, displaying 11.11p as if it were the current time - not 12.53p

I pressed FFWD to try and move to the ‘Live’ position, but it wouldn’t budge as it continued to show 11.11p, then 11.12p as current time.

I pressed rewind and, as it began to go backward, the duration bar clock jumped from 11.10a to 12.55p. I couldn’t rewind it after the jump to the proper ‘Real-Time’.

That’s it, that’s my experience with 11.11 in the past 30+/- hours.

I am not sure what to think about it, but I would like to hear your ideas as to why it went down like this, as-well-as your experience you’ve had with synchronized numbers or synchronized numerology.

I wonder if there are a lot of people seeing this who have never seen it before?

While you consider leaving a reply in this thread, have a look at the videos below:

*none of the videos are posted here to support claims in the Opening Post. They are posted to show how some people experience & explain the 11.11 phenomena

(Sorry for the music on the video, it can be a bit too much, I suggest muting. Some may have seen this video. Either way, it relates directly to the 11.11 topic)

11:11 The Hidden Reality and We Can See Through It!:

11.11 and 11.11 Possibilities. What Is Real?:

11.11 Conspiracy:

11:11 Message from Illuminati card game:

edit on 2-1-2013 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I am very freaked out 11.11 shows up on all my clocks not once but twice a day.
What should I do to fix this?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Nope- it's only raining actual raindrops at my house! I have not seen an inordinant number of elevens on my clocks, in my change or anywhere else for that matter!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Unfortunately, my experience with 11:11 has not been good.
Luckily, over the years, it's only happened twice.

Both times it started off once every day or so. Then it would happen more frequent. Then it was non-stop.

The first time led to my father in law being hospitalized at the same time my husband's aunt 250 miles away was hospitalized. A few weeks later my husband's father passed away and we had to deal with the funeral. His aunt got well and was sent home. The problem for us was we were having to go back and forth to take care of both of them and then had to move his Mom to his Aunt's house. Which in turn we got behind on our bills.
Very bad time for us.....

The other time was 2 years ago, I kept seeing either 11:11 or 1:11. It started off once every other day then it was once a day until it seemed like 2/3 times a day over about a month or so.
Well, we had a yellow lab [my b'day present] that we had since he was 8 weeks old and was like our kid. During the time of me seeing the numbers, I noticed our dog [7 yrs. old] acting differently. He seemed to have urinary problem so we took him to a vet. The first vet did a simple exam and said it was just an infection so we were given antibiotics. Due to our living, we travel a lot. So, the following week we're in a new town and had to go to a different vet when all of a sudden he acted like he was having severe problems. They said he had high sugar. They kept him all week until we had to leave town. He seemed better for a day or so, then down he went again. So, here we go to another vet. This time, unfortunately, was the last one. After tests were done, come to find out he had pancreas problems which led to high sugar. The vet was blunt about what we should do and due to our lifestyle, suggested we put him down....................So we did.
And I no longer saw the repetition of the numbers 11:11 or 1:11 after that.

So for me, in my personal experience, it's not a good sign.
I see them as worse than 666.....

edit on 2-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
No 11s or 12:34 here... but my OH was going through a 3:33 phase last year.

He kept telling me he was seeing 3:33 all over the place, and I simply shrugged it off as coninsidence... until he told me to look at the old mantle clock in the livingroom on night. Now this clock hasn't worked for years, and has always shown quarter past 2. It showed 3:33 (and still does now, neither of us wanting to change it).

After that I started noticing too, not just clocks, but numbers everywhere, epecially licence plates.

However, it stopped a few months ago. I tried to do a little bit of reasearch on it, but one of the explenations was that people that see 333 all over the place would be zombie fighters... I figured I would be the zombie then for OH to slay! Hahahaha!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

So because you happened to notice that time on the clocks when you looked those things happened? Those times are still happening every day, regardless of you actively realizing it or not.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
1 , 2 , 3 haunt me. 11:11 2:22 3:33 12:12 1:23

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I am so glad there are members like you on ATS who are very quick to post great insight into the threads here. It's members like you who make ATS what it is today.

Proof Positive ATS has the most insightful, open-minded, membership on the internet.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

I have noticed those number before. A few weeks ago I was watching a football game. There for a few seconds those numbers were all over the place. Score 22-21, time remaining 2:23, 2nd down, play clock frozen @ 23 seconds, running backs number on screen when those numbers were showing, 23...

I suppose there could be a link to any of this, but maybe it is just the odds... eventually seeing something like that is bound to happen if you watch enough football games.... then again...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

Thanks for your comment!

I am not sure what causes this, maybe it's an internal clock. I don't know how that could make someone notice similar numbers in places other than clocks.

I have never had anything like this happen before and I haven't noticed any more at this point, but who knows, may see some later.

Since it came and went with you, and has seemingly done the same with me, I wonder if there is a change in our physical being or our consciousness that could account for this type of odd recognition.

If so, what could cause a limited duration of time awareness in some, while others experience it for months, years, or longer?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smashdem
reply to post by snarky412

So because you happened to notice that time on the clocks when you looked those things happened? Those times are still happening every day, regardless of you actively realizing it or not.

No... what I meant for Me, to actually see the numbers on the clock occurred unusually frequent during the bad times. No other time has it popped up that often.

Call it coincidence or what have you but of all the times I look at a clock, why those particular numbers at that particular time when things aren't going right????
[only happened twice to me....say over 27 yrs. since been married.]

Also, 2 nights before we put our dog down, I hadn't seen a clock all day long and thought I got by without seeing the numbers. We went to grab a bite to eat and the total was $11.11.... no kidding.

All I'm saying is normally I don't see those particular numbers come up .
Out of a 24 hour period, the odds of a person seeing the combination of those numbers 2 or 3 times a day is strange. Or at least it is for me. And I don't care to see 11:11 or 1:11 often like that for a long, long time.

But that is just my own personal experience.
Not sure if I made myself clear on the story or not.

My apologies for any confusion.....
It is kinda hard trying to explain using a keyboard....sorry.

snarky

edit on 2-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
Since it came and went with you, and has seemingly done the same with me

I'm kind of glad it went - it was starting to freak me out slightly. Hahahaha!

When I realised it was actually happening (as in 3:33 being everywhere), I figured it must be a message for OH from someone/something. Never figured out what it was though.

As I said, did a little research on it... some claimed it meant "you're on the right path" (as it stopped is he now on the wrong path? Or "they" are satisfied he stayed on the path?), "you're on the wrong path" (as it's stopped, is he now on the right path? Did "they" get fed up with nothing changing and stopped?), "something angelic" (good stuff!), "something demonic" (no thank you!)... I got the idea no-one knew and they just made it up as they went along... until I got to the fact that due to him seeing these numbers he'd be a "zombie killer"... and then I realised that the ideas were just getting plain ridiculous and just let it be.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Sure is... Not only with 1's either.

1:22, 2:33, 3:44, 4:55, etc. (11x2=22, 11x3=33, etc.)

It's great.

This thread had 11 replies and 1 flag when I saw it

EDIT TO ADD:

Just got my dose, lol.

11:11 pm

Last I saw the clock it was 10:09 pm
edit on 3-1-2013 by WaKingLieFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

REMEMBRANCE DAY 11/11

i just think thats why its ingrained in us all
maryhinge
Manners dont cost you anything

Mood: on the upside
Member is on ATS now.

P 1,479 F 124 S 1,011
W 10 K 11
edit on 3/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have a question, if you don't mind me asking... how spiritual are you, and of what type if so? Pagan, Christian, Catholic, Lutheran, Buddhist, Muslim, Sikh...?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WaKingLieFE

I never considered someone experiencing the phenomena would recognize the numbers within the thread, the way you have.

Kinda ironic that the thread is about 11.11 and stays on 1 flag until 11 replies are posted. Why not 0 flags or 2+ flags? It is odd... 1 flag, 11 replies, and the Opening Post had garnered only 1 star at that point... proof of a junk thread
or synchornicity?

It seems strange that there would be 1 flag, 11 replies, 1 star when you noticed the thread and the other connections within your account stats... then again, I've never really counted the number of posts, stars, and flags in a new thread. Maybe the combination happens more than I'd imagine, but I just don't think so.

It seems most threads garner 2-3 flags before there are 4-5 comments posted, but, like I said above, I've never really made it a point to count them. I think I will watch the next few threads to see if it is a pretty common thing.

reply to post by Thought Provoker

I'll assume, since your reply isn't a direct reply to another member, you are asking me. Apologies if you are asking someone else.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I was raised in the SouthEastern United States to a spiritual/non-religious father and a spiritual/babtist mother, My Mom's brother was a Babtist pastor, so I attended a lot of Sunday mornings in a Babtist Church.

Growing up, I also assumed most everyone was Babtist/Christian, since it was all I knew and everyone here seemed to be Catholic or Babtist.

When I was 8, my family moved a few miles out of the city, to a suburban area. I only occasionally attended Church after the move, visiting for Church Sponsored School Lock-Ins and FCA - Future Christian Athletes - meeting.

Through high-school, I was average, not really religious, but not a non-faither either. My senior year of HS I began to do the experimenting thing. Smoking, Drinking, etc. These party years introduced me to a lot of different types of people and many different views of the world.

Because I thought I was 'expanding my mind' and being a progressive thinker, I told myself something I still believe today - religion is BS. I made an error though, I also let myself believe spiritualism was in direct link to religion and must also be BS.

Several years, during my early 20's, I maintained this idea. Then, without going into much more detail, that changed and I realized that there must be something more to us all, spiritually speaking. Since that point, I have been a spiritual person, who believes there is something more, but I don't know exactly what it is or how to describe it in detail.

I don't really know what it means to my existence, but I believe our bodies and consciousness are vessels for our spirits... but that is an evolving personal concept as well.

So a short answer, after a long explanation;

I am a non-religious, spiritual believer with faith that there is more to reality than any of us can possibly know & may never know until we leave the physical behind... maybe not even then.

EDIT:

I also wanted to add that I noticed something that I mentioned earlier, about my cable service. I mentioned that the actual time was not showing correct on the DVR playback bar. It was showing 11:11 when the time was closer to 1pm.

I was looking through the 'Channel Guide' and noticed the clock showing 4.30p as the current time, when the time was closer to 11.30a. I don't know what the issue is with it, but the programs that are displaying as schedule for 4.30 are actually on now, so the glitch is with the time display in the cable service.

Even so, the glitch is strange. It has never happened before, but the day that I notice all the crazy 11.11 coincidences, it is in error and displaying 11.11 too.

edit on 3-1-2013 by esteay812 because: I wanted to add more content without making a new post.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Hello maryhinge, thanks for your response!

I was confused as to why you posted your mini-profile status, then realized I was looking at those numbers. It is strange for sure. I guess it could be explained by odds.

There are a certain number of members who will read this thread, a certain number of them will experience the 11.11 phenomena, and a certain number of them will have a combination of the numbers associated with their accounts - then a certain number of them will post about it.....

I suppose that would be the easy explanation... there is always the alternate explanation of synchronicity in numerology, which - maybe because I want the excitement that comes with the mystery - I prefer to believe

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I was asking you, yes.
But if anyone else who sees odd numbers everywhere wants to weigh in, please do...

You sound almost exactly like me. Raised Southern Baptist, baptized about age 7, hated it, saw no point to it, rejected it, partied, and then realized it was man who'd turned me from God, not God, and ended up a believer in God and Christ who utterly hates organized religion. The only difference is you're southeast; I'm south-central... and I'm never plagued with 11's or 1234's or any other such weirdness.

I was trying to determine if there was a link between one's spirituality and the weirdness. I thought perhaps Satan was going around screwing with people's heads, but if you've accepted Christ, Satan isn't allowed to touch you at all. Do you believe in Jesus? You didn't say exactly... but if you do, the weirdness probably has a non-supernatural cause...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Well, I can't say I believe in Christ, as an individual. I believe in Christ, in history. What I mean is that I have read different things over the years that make me think Christ was not here, on Earth, at the time the Holy Bible claims.

I say that because there are several stories from our ancient past with characters that closely parallel the story of Jesus Christ.

It seems like the history I've been taught in Christianity, about JC, is a re-telling of a much older story. However, that doesn't mean I do not believe in Christ or his historical presence on Earth. It just means I have my doubts about the story as told by man throughout history.

I think Christ, probably under an alternate name, was present on Earth at a much, much earlier time that what is taught by man, in traditional Babtist Religions.

I have strong faith in the good, loving side of spirituality and my deliberate connection to it. In this relationship, I also recognize the probability of a spiritual duality and the existence of a nearly equal Evil, that mirrors the Good side, and my deliberate attempt to avoid that Evil.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I say that because there are several stories from our ancient past with characters that closely parallel the story of Jesus Christ.

Yep; hundreds of 'em. But were they "pre-distractions," seeded into history (by, ohhhh, I don't know, could it beeeeee SATAN??
) in order to convince people of that which you are convinced of? Dunno. But there is plenty of evidence that someone named Jesus did exist at that time, in the form of many people's non-scriptural writings. One page about it; another page; and another. So all one has to do is decide whether to believe Jesus was the Son of God.

And it occurs to me I'm derailing your thread. I didn't mean to. Nor do I mean to push religious beliefs on anyone. We must all choose for ourselves once exposed to the message. I don't have much I can add that's on-topic; I don't even think I know anyone personally who's experienced The Weird Numbers to an unusual degree. I'm sure there's an answer out there somewhere; my best wishes to you in finding it. Let me know if you do; it's still fascinating to study...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join