Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why is it that people with no knowledge of communism are so against it?

page: 2
15
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by NysgjerrigDame
those of you whom have truly stuied the communist works, what is your argument against it?


It has never worked in any country, anywhere.

Actually it worked in Spain before Franco's coup. Care to explain how it did't work? Doubt it.




posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487
 


It still hasn't worked anywhere, and every endeavor ends in death and destruction.

See a pattern?

The definition of insanity and all that.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

It has never worked in any country, anywhere.


Because it's never really been tried.

Except as the OP mentioned in Spain prior to Franco's takeover the country was ran by the anarchist CNT on socialist/communist principles, that being the common ownership of the means to produce and a sharing of resources instead of exploiting for profit.

It worked very well for two years, it failed not because it doesn't work but because of outside authoritarian forces.

1936-1939: The Spanish civil war and revolution

Good post OP, we need more true left representation on ATS.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


What does what he said have to do with anything? I can say I am a gentle kind woman while poking someone's eye out....what is the reality?

My words or the injured person?

It's hard to discredit dead bodies, pain and suffering.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by cconn487
 


It still hasn't worked anywhere, and every endeavor ends in death and destruction.

See a pattern?

The definition of insanity and all that.


I entirely unerstand. I understand that youæve not read their works and that you have no idea what youære talking about. I feel such pity upon you. I am just a mere empathetic woman. I wish you the best. I truly do.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


I haven't read the work you speak of but I don't need to to understand the angle you are trying to get at. Belive me if communism worked ever there would be countries using it successfully. Whenever a government starts thats not a direct dictatorship it's usually successful for sometime until the system gets flawed. I'm not saying that it won't or ever work its just like democracy it will work until someone or something corrupts it. It doesn't matter what it's called we ourselves our the wrenches in the gears of the machines we create. To be honest if it wasn't for the future proofing our founding fathers put into starting this country it would have failed long ago by corrupting but nothing is forever and with how fast humans are moving our founding fathers had no way of future proofing what we are dealing with Today. Just like when a new American government arises from the ashes of revolution we will do our best to future proof it and leave words of wisdom. But in all honestly we will just say what our founding fathers are saying to us today. Ride it out till it crashes and burns and start over. History repeats itself. Such is life.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


What does what he said have to do with anything? I can say I am a gentle kind woman while poking someone's eye out....what is the reality?

My words or the injured person?

It's hard to discredit dead bodies, pain and suffering.


Please explain your disagreements with the specific writings, since youæve obviously read them.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


If you can't back up your thread yourself why post it?

A ok is just another idealist not living in reality. We've all heard what he has to say.....blah blah, not buying it.

History is a great teacher if you bother to study it.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


How in gods name do you know what I have read and what I haven't?

How about what I lived through, do you know that too?

You have got quite a set on you little one.

Don't pretend to know everything, you will soon be exposed.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


If you can't back up your thread yourself why post it?

A ok is just another idealist not living in reality. We've all heard what he has to say.....blah blah, not buying it.

History is a great teacher if you bother to study it.


So, I cannot back up my own thread due to the fact that you have not read the very works which you disagree with? OK. You are right. I am wrong. Thank you. You can leave now that you have corrected me.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


I dont have to leave. You are the one who called for Anok to please come help you.

You are in the weeds...time for you to call it a day.

You keep saying only people who know the material should discuss it, so enlighten s with you communist wisdom.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


I dont have to leave. You are the one who called for Anok to please come help you.

You are in the weeds...time for you to call it a day.

You keep saying only people who know the material should discuss it, so enlighten s with you communist wisdom.


According to your own words, you out to be able to explain your foolish thinking since you have obviously read the works and you are obviously not merely thinking based upon what your authorities want you to think. You obviously think outside of the box.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   


Estimated number of victims of Communism:

In the introduction, editor Stéphane Courtois states that "...Communist regimes... turned mass crime into a full-blown system of government"[3]. He claims that a death toll totals 94 million[4]. The breakdown of the number of deaths given by Courtois is as follows:

65 million in the People's Republic of China
20 million in the Soviet Union
2 million in Cambodia
2 million in North Korea
1.7 million in Africa
1.5 million in Afghanistan
1 million in the Communist states of Eastern Europe
1 million in Vietnam
150,000 in Latin America (mainly Cuba)
10,000 deaths "resulting from actions of the international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power.


en.wikipedia.org...

I am guessing that the OP is a younger individual, likely well educated. Just hasn't experienced life, the realization that something that sounds good doesn't mean a thing if you can't implement it....and trust me, you won't be able to implement it - people are too selfish, too greedy.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I wish to explain to everybody whom has replied to this thread. Read the title. It states, "Why is it that people with no knowledge of communism are so against it?". Therefore, you people with no knowledge of what communism are not required to reply. Thank you.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


If you have studied the works and theories and history and still dont get why it doesnt work....you may never get it. Go visit a communist country and get a good feel for it and then tell us how you feel about the subject.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
I haven't read the work you speak of but I don't need to to understand the angle you are trying to get at. Belive me if communism worked ever there would be countries using it successfully.


No there wouldn't because we have allowed ourselves to be tricked into supporting an authority.

Before capitalism, during high feudalism many communities were working together peacefully, sharing resources and were pretty much autonomous only having to pay a small rent to the land owner.

This changed when the land owners had the 'inclosure laws' enacted starting in the 1750's. This essentially took away peoples autonomy, unable to use the free land, which made us reliant on the land owners (private owners, capitalists) for "jobs". This was no an accident, it was done with the purpose of exploiting the poor in order to financially benefit themselves.

The term capitalist had been around since the 1600's to describe a person who makes private profit, the system that replaced feudalism wasn't called capitalism until 1840, well into the industrial revolution. The term was coined by the French socialist, Louis Blanc.

There are many worker owned companies, which are essentially what socialism is all about. Governments won't try socialism because they are better served by capitalism. That is why governments like liberalism, it's no threat to their or the capitalists power and it appeases the workers. Individualism is supported over solidarity to keep us divided.

edit on 1/2/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce
 


this. and the fact that it dont even look good on paper let alone in pratice. why do people support communism?

i wish i had four thumbs.....so i could give this thread four thumbs DOWN




posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide


Estimated number of victims of Communism:

In the introduction, editor Stéphane Courtois states that "...Communist regimes... turned mass crime into a full-blown system of government"[3]. He claims that a death toll totals 94 million[4]. The breakdown of the number of deaths given by Courtois is as follows:

65 million in the People's Republic of China
20 million in the Soviet Union
2 million in Cambodia
2 million in North Korea
1.7 million in Africa
1.5 million in Afghanistan
1 million in the Communist states of Eastern Europe
1 million in Vietnam
150,000 in Latin America (mainly Cuba)
10,000 deaths "resulting from actions of the international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power.


en.wikipedia.org...

I am guessing that the OP is a younger individual, likely well educated. Just hasn't experienced life, the realization that something that sounds good doesn't mean a thing if you can't implement it....and trust me, you won't be able to implement it - people are too selfish, too greedy.


You are correct. I am younger; under thirty. My greatest experience is owning a business of my own and only have 16 employees. You are correct that I am young.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame
 


If you have studied the works and theories and history and still dont get why it doesnt work....you may never get it. Go visit a communist country and get a good feel for it and then tell us how you feel about the subject.


Please give me the name of a communist country and I will go there. I own my own business and have the funds to go anywhere. Please tell me a single country that practices the writings and I swear to the creator of all that I will go there and report back. Please do not give me the name of a country that says that they are communist by name. If that is true, then the KKK is christian and all christians hate and wish to slaughter all jews, catholics, blacks, mexicans, etc... Get my point?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NysgjerrigDame
I agree. Most so-called communists just use that fact that communism is most logical and makes the most common sense to become dictators. Examples are the USSR, cuba, North Korea, etc. But nobody ever talks about Spain before Franco's coup.




The Spanish Republics attempts at Socialist reform were a short lived failure that were the cause of Spain's final descent into civil war.

In light of the historical realities that have unfolded around various attempts to form a communist state during the last century, have you ever considered that Karl Marx was wrong?






top topics



 
15
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join