It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY newspaper that outed gun owners hires armed guards

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I feel like I am starting too many threads but I just couldn't resist.

They publish peoples names with addresses in a frigging News paper, they didn't contact the people to see if they have a problem with it, who cares that some people might have a very good reason to own a gun and don't want to have their names and address in the news paper. It never crossed their minds that what if some of these people have a gun to protect themselves against a abusive spouse or something like that. What's the big deal right?

And now they are shocked that they are getting some negative feedback from the people. So they hire armed guards? What 911 doesn't work over there? Aren't you afraid of the scary people with guns in your building?
Guns are dangerous remember? Are you now in greater danger because a guard feel over confident and might start altercations that they wouldn't if they didn't have a gun?

NY newspaper that outed gun owners hires armed guards

A newspaper in New York's Lower Hudson Valley that was besieged by criticism for publishing the names of local gun owners in December now reportedly has hired armed guards because of safety concerns.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I read this yesterday on an internet news site. Talk about hypocrisy! Demonizing gun owners and treating them as criminals, yet hiring armed security when your address is posted? I guess they didnt like having to walk in the gun owners shoes. Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Wait..what?!?

The hypocrisy level here is unmeasurable.

I don't know where to begin...I...I...No...I gotta stop...my brain is going to explode.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Oh, this s rich......

Sweet sweet justice, I love it when karma works so fast!

Sad thing is, they probably don't even get the irony of it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

Its one of those things thats so funny it hurts. "We hate guns! Gun owners are evil! Lets post their names and addresses!" Oh crap, they posted ours? Anybody know where to hire some gun owners to protect us?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Gun owners would never do anything to harm them, as legal law abiding citizens.

So which criminals are they securing themselves from?

Obviously some criminal groups have decided to threaten them.

Not sure why, since criminals have nothing to gain, law abiding citizens have nothing to fear.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Obviously some criminal groups have decided to threaten them.

No, Obviously they are paranoid little weasels.

The Times cited local police reports that stated a Journal News editor was concerned by the amount of "negative correspondence" the paper's office received. But the hired security firm told Clarkstown, N.Y., police last Friday that there had been no problems at the newspaper's headquarters, the Journal News reported

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
... now reportedly has hired armed guards because of safety concerns.

Fake.
Its has to be.
Gun owners consistently (and often) tell us that licenced gun owners are law abiding citizens who would never break the law.
So the newspaper has nothing to fear, and no reason to hire guards.
Obviously the "safety concerns" are just made up and never actually happened.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Maybe its another way for them to call attention to gun owners and demonize them more.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

lol with the hypocrisy

in another thread [Indian Women Turn to Guns After Gang Rape Outcry www.abovetopsecret.com...; and btw, the authorities are refusing to allow them to have guns, and assure the women that they will deal with the matter
]

somebody pointed out that the gun grabbers agenda is to rape and pillage unmolested and without fear.

as is shown by this newspapers staff actions

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
lmao.. guns are bad! quick hire people with guns!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis
reply to post by alfa1

Maybe its another way for them to call attention to gun owners and demonize them more.

People sent them "negative correspondence" and that scared them so they hired people with guns to protect them from people with guns even though they received no threats according to the police. It's basically what people want to have guns for, just in case they need to defend themselves.

But when we say that Police almost always get there after they get a call for help and that is too late, they say that gun free zones will make us safe.... There's always an exception to the rule of course. Unless it's for them.
edit on 2-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The crazy part here is this is exactly what ALL the anti gun people do as well. When I say that I am talking about the politician ones and the famous ones. It is no different, bunch of idiots is what they are. Hey at least someone got a job out of it and we a good laugh... S&F

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wasn't the whole point of them posting the names and home addresses of gun owners that guns in the hands of private individuals is not a good thing? Therefore hiring professionals who are armed wouldn't be the same thing at all. Having gotten threats from "law abiding" gun owners also

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wait... so they "outed" gun owners (presumably because they're anti-gun and were trying to make a point) and then when they get negative feedback, and worry that they might not be safe, they suddenly want guns around them, for their own protection?

If these assumptions are true, these people are some of the worst kind of hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Wasn't the whole point of them posting the names and home addresses of gun owners that guns in the hands of private individuals is not a good thing? Therefore hiring professionals who are armed wouldn't be the same thing at all. Having gotten threats from "law abiding" gun owners also

You mean to tell me you believe all of the security people are off duty police officers? That's not usually how it works. And why do you assume it was "law abiding" gun owners who made the threats?

You seem to make a lot of assumptions. Don't feel too bad-- that's so common I've come to expect that sort of thing from the anti-gun fanatics.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

First - they did not get any threats just paranoia. Second - Most people can't afford guards so they go get a gun legally and learn how to handle it. And third- if gun free areas are safer and in case something happens the police will save us then armed guards are not necessary. All they need is a cell phone to call 911 if needed.

If they are worried about somebody with a gun try to do something, isn't it a crazy idea that guns will keep them safe? Doesn't more guns means more danger? Or does it only apply in cases like armed guards in schools and businesses where regular people go?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
You seem to make a lot of assumptions. Don't feel too bad-- that's so common I've come to expect that sort of thing from the anti-gun fanatics.

Well you know what they say, "when you make an assumption you make an arse out of you and me". I'm not anti-gun. You assumed that. Not a fanatic either.

Originally posted by whatsecret
First - they did not get any threats just paranoia...

First, how do you even know that? You are them? Have you seen what they've written on the webs about them?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

First, how do you even know that? You are them? Have you seen what they've written on the webs about them?

Negative correspondence is not the same thing as threats. Plus the Police said everything is cool over there. Whatever is written on the web is irrelevant unless there are threats. Did you hear or see something that is threatening?

The Times cited local police reports that stated a Journal News editor was concerned by the amount of "negative correspondence" the paper's office received. But the hired security firm told Clarkstown, N.Y., police last Friday that there had been no problems at the newspaper's headquarters, the Journal News reported

I hope no one posted their names with home addresses anywhere on the web because that would be scary.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hopefully police dispatch will put these newspaper idiots LAST on the priority list.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join