It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottled water banned in Massachusetts - soft drinks A-OK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I live in Massachusetts near MIT & Harvard - we drink the tap water because as the saying goes around here: "If it's good enough for MIT, it's good enough for me." (Cheesy, I know).

From your source:

Jean Hill, an 84-year-old activist, thought up the ban, arguing that bottles fill garbage dumps, while consumers are lured into drinking water they could obtain for a tiny fraction of the cost at their own sink.

I couldn't agree more - the garbage created by plastic water bottles is terrible. Just drink the TAP!

Edit: The title is a bit misleading - a town in Mass., Concord, banned the plastic bottles, not the state.

edit on 2-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Great...

Who says that you have to pay for the water..?? Bastards who are asking you for this, will ask you for the air you breathe later.

Tap water in the UK used to be free, then they privatised everything and now there are water companies that supply the water. Some houses are metered, others pay a standard charge.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

A glass bottle is definitely going to cost you more than a plastic one, if you just want a bit of water to make yourself feel better and have a sit down, or to refresh yourself because you had to run for a bus and missed it, then a bottle of water aint a sin. is it?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Solution is simple people…)

Don’t tap that old medicine in your toilette, don’t deliver those to your local (old medicine gathering) either.

Just burn them..

We have polluted our water supplies enough.. Air is easy to reproduce, water is not.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

Not a sin no. But it's certainly not healthy. THat's the point I was making.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by amkia
Great...

Who says that you have to pay for the water..?? Bastards who are asking you for this, will ask you for the air you breathe later.

Tap water in the UK used to be free, then they privatised everything and now there are water companies that supply the water. Some houses are metered, others pay a standard charge.

I am so damn sorry to hear that...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Much of America if not most pays for water. Unless you have a well.

And it smells like chlorine and tastes worse.

Even if you don't get a direct bill for water, it's definitely in your taxes. Don't worry, nothing is free.

We are on a meter so every stinky drop is payed for.

I recycle and I think that gives me the right to buy a bottle of water if I want it.

I am really getting sick of these controlling people and a ban everytime I turn around.

Get out of my beeswax!

edit on 2-1-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

There has to be some ulterior motive to this I would think. Whats with controlling our drinks lately? Something is amiss

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Water and Air are not tradable (basic living being standards) constitutions and laws in any countries. You stop drinking the water or breathing the air in usual way then you have the problem with your damn local laws.

Jesus…. What the hell are we all going to head for..??

Soylent green next..??

edit on 2-1-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
On the conspiracy side…

Fresh water (what you drinking in bottle) are tapped from icebergs…lack of icebergs in northern seas. In recent years.??

You got where I am..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
In any case….

You are a test subject…! Good luck

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Fresh water (what you drinking in bottle) are tapped from icebergs…

Am I missing something? For real?

I mean, there are specialty water bottling companies that tap icebergs, but that's not normal. Most water comes from reservoirs, springs, lakes and is resold at a premium to uninformed people. Icebergs as the norm, wow!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Where does bottled water come from?
Bottled water comes from a variety of sources, including many of the same sources from which tap water originates. Sometimes the water you can buy in a bottle is simply tap water from a municipal water system that has been enhanced in some way. Other sources of bottled water include springs, wells, and surface waters.

Roughly 40% of bottled water is tap water.

www.health.state.mn.us...

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Jason88

Where does bottled water come from?
Bottled water comes from a variety of sources, including many of the same sources from which tap water originates. Sometimes the water you can buy in a bottle is simply tap water from a municipal water system that has been enhanced in some way. Other sources of bottled water include springs, wells, and surface waters.

Roughly 40% of bottled water is tap water.

www.health.state.mn.us...

~Tenth

Presumably they have to say it's source though and whether it is spring or mineral and they can't say it is if it isn't.

Here supermarkets sell tap water in bottles beside spring and mineral water but it cannot pretend to be these, personally I think it should say it is tap water, or filtered tap water when it is, just as spring and mineral have to say. Then people have an informed choice.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I just learned something, thanks Tenth. So tap water is reservoir water but only after it's treated. I thought the reservoir water was tap, but not until it's treated first then it becomes tap water. (I should add, I did some quick research on your stat and discovered the difference).

Agree with your earlier post about the dangers of plastic bottle chemicals in the water bottles after exposure creating a greater risk.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

There are little to no label requirements for products in North America. They can basically tell you whatever they want about any product that doesn't have an FDA requirement.

reply to post by Jason88

It is exceedingly dangerous. It's kind of worse for other things in plastic like soda and such though, because the reactions with other chemicals like aspertame are quite a bit more harmfull, but it's not good either way.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

If there is any water that comes from an iceberg I will eat meat more than once a week...

I read part of this article, thought it was pretty funny.

What's Colorless and Tasteless and Smells Like... Money?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaihorn

HA! That was funny.

On its face, the bottled-water trade makes selling snow to Eskimos sound like a reasonable business proposition

Ain't that the truth!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am from Mass and the river the tap water comes from is disgusting. I'd rather drink bottled that's for sure! The mini waterfall in front of the mills is dark brown.

In Texas now though and the water is NOT any better
the tap if I let water evaporate leaves a weird crystal white residue that sticks to what it's on like glue so I don't drink that either.
edit on 2-1-2013 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My reverse osmosis system for drinking water originally cost 160 dollars and 30 a year to replace filters. It's chlorine and fluoride free. Tastes better than bottled and costs about three percent of the cost of bottled.

Having said all of that, I'm disgusted by all of the obsessive, manipulative, controlling freaks in this country. It will be pretty sad when these doo-gooders get everything they want and find themselves prisoners of an all controlling nanny state.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join