It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia officials cancel classes in Narrows after website connects town with Batman movie and Newto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Superhans

Obviously, you people haven't looked into the whole conspiracy yet. If I had a child in that school

Yeah IF you had a child, I was going to go there but I wont.
Just get out more, you don't need to base life decisions off Batman or any other conspiracy

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

to be blunt - the online conspiracy community does a dammed good job discrediting itself

Agreed completely.

No one approves of censorship but self-control and self-discipline isn't censorship...it's just decency, eh?

I bet a disinformation agent would say something like that. The online conspiracy community, has more or less proved itself to be more useful to the casual observer then the mainstream media. And like the current meme in the MSM that the Constitution should be abandoned in the name of decency and humanity, it is of no surprise that similar agents are launching the same pogrom against free thought in the sphere of discourse most likely to challenge the official story. If a persons only reply to something is "be decent" or show some self discipline, watch them carefully. Because they are attacking the issue without having to disprove it. Either because it is the truth, or because they are simply not smart enough to understand the issue so they want everyone else to shut up about it to make themselves not feel of the lower intellectual caliber anymore.

There are a legion of disinfo agents here, but more then disinfo agents is the sheer number of non-sentient human beings. People who really are not self aware, people who are incapable of putting bias aside for 10 seconds and are governed by cognitive dissonance. These people, they see something beyond their comprehension and they try to either worship it or destroy it.

That said, these instances and the sheer level of soviet-ness I have been observing as late, has made it clear how common sense is not all that common after-all.
edit on 7-1-2013 by korathin because: wrote "that" instead of the as in "the casual"; second sentence.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I bet a disinformation agent would say something like that. The online conspiracy community, has more or less proved itself to be more useful to the casual observer then the mainstream media. And like the current meme in the MSM that the Constitution should be abandoned in the name of decency and humanity, it is of no surprise that similar agents are launching the same pogrom against free thought in the sphere of discourse most likely to challenge the official story.

Well, I imagine your post history gives me a decent idea of where you're coming from on all this. I did you the courtesy of reading a dozen or so from your profile list before replying. I tend to get curious when someone uses a cute or clever way to call me a "disinfo agent". I'll say this. I've put my time in here and I've done my work with extra credit to earn my place as a member of the ATS community. It's a place I look at with some sense of pride and accomplishment.

When I first arrived, I was overwhelmed by the sheer size, tempo, freedom and range of topics as well as the very different way this place is run from anything I'd seen before. In all that time and my efforts to find my place here, I've still never come across a single person I could say with confidence was a "Disinformation Agent", whatever that is really supposed to be anyway.

There are a legion of disinfo agents here, but more then disinfo agents is the sheer number of non-sentient human beings. People who really are not self aware, people who are incapable of putting bias aside for 10 seconds and are governed by cognitive dissonance.

Frankly, when you can find one of those "legion" of agents in more than theory, I'll take ya seriously. You may want to offer that with a little less condescension though. Us less sentient types have a hard time seeing through it all to get your meaning.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
They do this because conspiracy theorists help to create a nutjobs fantasies.

Because some nutball sees something in a movie they spread it and the fellow nutjobs follow. Then some psychotic idiot sees this and will then reenact it.

You people aren't helping anyone..you are just giving the mentally ill ideas.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
It was only being closed for a day so teachers can be educated about school shootings. I think the whole batman connection thing is stupid personally. I mean in the superman movie they show the WTC and latter it was destroyed. But I think every school should do this for the staff once a year.

Was that day scheduled ahead of the possible threat? If not, then it was done because of said threat. If so, then the media is trying to make something of nothing. I am curious as to which this actually was.

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Superhans

Obviously, you people haven't looked into the whole conspiracy yet. If I had a child in that school

Yeah IF you had a child, I was going to go there but I wont.
Just get out more, you don't need to base life decisions off Batman or any other conspiracy

It isn't a matter of what we base decisions on, but what some violent person out there might base them on. Copycats are a reality. Some of them are clever. If there was a chance that one might act, based on an earlier case, and against some place my children were supposed to be, I would be cautious as well. The alternative would not be tolerable.

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
They do this because conspiracy theorists help to create a nutjobs fantasies.

Because some nutball sees something in a movie they spread it and the fellow nutjobs follow. Then some psychotic idiot sees this and will then reenact it.

You people aren't helping anyone..you are just giving the mentally ill ideas.

No, "they" do this because they are the sort that will do such things. There have been, as I already pointed out, copycats for a long time. It's quite common, and one reason that the police don't release all the details in serial killer cases. You usually have some that will confess, without having committed any crime, and you sometimes have those that will attempt to copy the actual crime.

People in a conspiracy site seeing this doesn't make someone go out and kill. Those that would do such a thing would whether anyone else saw the connections or not. One killer makes references to a movie character, so another wannabe killer decides to obsess on that character. They watch the movie, or movies. They look for other targets based on said movies. They maybe decide to act on one such target. Let's leave the blame on the ones committing the crimes, not those trying to figure out the whys and wherefores.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join