It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Activist Group Spokesperson Cites ‘Senior Sources’ That John Boehner Will Resign Speakership

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kingking

and who is the man behind the curtain?

It seems to me that the people who have corporations backs, above all other factions IS the
Tea Party.

Under the Tea Party mantra, Corporations can self regulate, discharge their externalities onto
the public and maintaining the maximum profit possible.

You do realize that the tea party was started by Ron Paul and then high jacked by the Republicans don't you? How can you blame JUST the Tea Party when there are MANY MANY Democrats who feed off of the bank and corporate teet??

This should no longer be an us versus them partisan issue as we have been led to follow anymore. I was hoping that more people have realized with the fiscal cliff garbage, that our two party system is one very comparable to the WWE bad guy versus good guy charade! The fiscal cliff is nothing more than a bunch of crooked politicians trying to save their sorry asses by kicking the can further down the road!

But I guess not........

edit on 2-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Honestly, he can't manage it.

He can neither stand up to or effectively manage the Tea Party wing of the GOP.

What we have here is anarchy within the rank and file - which is standard-fare for poor leadership, no matter the political party.

That's exactly what it is. He's been a failure at uniting his own party and effectively putting up bills for a vote - "Plan B" and the Sandy Relief bill are just two of his latest fumbles. I never lied Gingrich as Speaker but he at least led effectively.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

You do realize that the tea party was started by Ron Paul and then high jacked by the Republicans don't you?

That's not really true. Paul never started any actual movement - only made a statement about needing a 'new' tea party. He never put together any sort of organization. The Kochs and Wall Street had more to do with forming the Tea Party than anyone/thing else.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yeah, I think Cantor has the position whether Boehner steps down or is voted out. Equally interesting is that Paul Ryan cast a "yea" vote on that crappy deal yesterday. Ryan has always been strongly supportive of the fact that the US doesn't have a revenue problem, rather an overspending problem, so I'm surprised he prostituted himself for a tax increase.

Those "Yea" voters have one shot at redemption in my eyes. If they roll over for Obama in the real fiscal cliff business at the end of Feb along with voting to raise the debt ceiling, I will forever wish them failure.

I think the Republican party has already submitted to their end of life healthcare plan Burdman. They totally, whether on purpose or out of pure stupidity, shown their true colors and I do believe that the United States of America is now under a one party dictatorship. I would like to think it was accidental, but with the economic situation our nation is facing and the dismantling of our Constitution, I can not fathom any other reason, other than a central bank takeover of America.

Now that I think of it, the only option the Republicans have to save their sorry carcasses, is to BEG Ron Paul to stay on and support him for the next Presidential race! Now with that being said, four more years of Obama is an eternity in hell, will we still be here to have another presidential election????

The United States of America is under a one party dictatorship.Its called Zionist Isreal, All of the federal reserve top brass are jews,Half of obomas staff are jews, Eric cantor is a jew,Bidon stated he was a zionist with a babtist religion. and this wouldnt even be a big deaL IF IT WASNT FOR THE FACT THAT JEWS IN THIS COUNTRY ONLY MAKE UP LIKE 1 OR 2 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION.but they make up about 75 percent of the top brass in this country. All the biggist campain donations are also made from jews and some even live in Isreal. The last time netenyahoo spoke to the congress they cheered him on like he was a rock star,But they yell you lie at obama.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have to make a commentary about Eric Cantor. This guy has screwed Boehner at every single opportunity by undermining his efforts. Anytime Boehner came with a compromised, Cantor submarined him by saying that he can't endorse the proposed bills.

Cantor is a dangerous person and cares for nobody but himself. Typical republican. If there is an angle for him to throw other people's work under the bus for his own gain, he has demonstrated that he will do so without a whim.

We all know people like this and if you are smart, you stay the F away from these vampires. There is a guy I work with that does the exact same thing as Cantor. He'll tell you privately that he will agree with something, but when asked by management, he will throw anyone under the bus for his own gain and tell them the complete opposite. People like this are cancerous to our society, but unfortunately they manipulate their way into power just like the back-stabber Cantor.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
In an alternate universe, John Boehner would have a chance to be an effective Speaker. That alternate House would consist of a diverse party membership amenable to compromise, less driven by extreme ideology, and open to Boehner's gift of "good old boy" schmoozing (or handing out lobbyist campaign contributions on the House floor).

The GOP political genetic pool has so weakened to the point that Boehner is dealing with disorders beyond his capabilities. With GOP members willing to eat their own (witness the animosity toward and attack of Gov Christie over his remarks/hug of Obama), I suspect he felt vulnerable, especially to backstabbing. I also suspect Mr. Boehner felt confidant to be handed the mantle of Speaker, but little did he realize that his House would be on the Island of Dr. Moreau.

I shudder to think who would be put forth as a leader of these authoritarians.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by amtrac

Yeah, I think Cantor has the position whether Boehner steps down or is voted out. Equally interesting is that Paul Ryan cast a "yea" vote on that crappy deal yesterday. Ryan has always been strongly supportive of the fact that the US doesn't have a revenue problem, rather an overspending problem, so I'm surprised he prostituted himself for a tax increase.

Those "Yea" voters have one shot at redemption in my eyes. If they roll over for Obama in the real fiscal cliff business at the end of Feb along with voting to raise the debt ceiling, I will forever wish them failure.

I think the Republican party has already submitted to their end of life healthcare plan Burdman. They totally, whether on purpose or out of pure stupidity, shown their true colors and I do believe that the United States of America is now under a one party dictatorship. I would like to think it was accidental, but with the economic situation our nation is facing and the dismantling of our Constitution, I can not fathom any other reason, other than a central bank takeover of America.

Now that I think of it, the only option the Republicans have to save their sorry carcasses, is to BEG Ron Paul to stay on and support him for the next Presidential race! Now with that being said, four more years of Obama is an eternity in hell, will we still be here to have another presidential election????

The United States of America is under a one party dictatorship.Its called Zionist Isreal, All of the federal reserve top brass are jews,Half of obomas staff are jews, Eric cantor is a jew,Bidon stated he was a zionist with a babtist religion. and this wouldnt even be a big deaL IF IT WASNT FOR THE FACT THAT JEWS IN THIS COUNTRY ONLY MAKE UP LIKE 1 OR 2 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION.but they make up about 75 percent of the top brass in this country. All the biggist campain donations are also made from jews and some even live in Isreal. The last time netenyahoo spoke to the congress they cheered him on like he was a rock star,But they yell you lie at obama.

Replace every "Jew" in your statement with black, Indian, or Asian. Starting to sound like something to you?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Replace every "Jew" in your statement with black, Indian, or Asian. Starting to sound like something to you?
black, indians, and asians arnt the problem.its the zionist jews thats the problem.and let me state that this is not a referance to all jews, just the zionist. I should have made that a little clearer in my first post. Everything thats happening is straight out of the proticals of zionism,you dont think that they took the time to write that for nothing do you. weve been played for years.google david cole which is jewish and see how the hollicost was staged.that the only gas chaimbers they had was delousing chaimbers for clothes.that the ones you see on tv thats skin and bones or dead bodies were from typhoid.Everything is propaganda you cant believe any of it.They also claimed 6 million jews were murders in ww1 did you know that.They dont talk about that anymore because no one believed them then.Every country in war has camps.The us killed a million germans after ww2 in the camps they set up in germany,but they dont tell you those things.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

[SNIP]Everything is propaganda you cant believe any of it.[SNIP]

I assume you're talking about your own posts in this thread with the above quoted statement?

Reply to: Rest of thread participants
Anyway, back in the real world we've got an interesting political situation happening. Speaker of the House is a position which is voted upon by all members. There also is no law stating that the Speaker must be a sitting member of Congress. The possibilities for ridiculousness here are mind boggling...
If Boehner does gracefully bow out, then Cantor would be the logical pick... BUT what if the GOP did something nuts and voted in the former SOTH with the most experience dealing with a hostile POTUS, Newt Gingrich? That would be a real kick, huh?
That said, a possible nightmare scenario for the GOP would have Boehner refusing to bow out, Cantor challenging him and splitting the GOP votes. I may be mistaken, but I believe that would open the door for the Democrats to hold the majority (only referring to selection of Speaker) assuming they all united behind their pick. Presumably that would put Nancy Pelosi back in the saddle.

*sigh* Why would any of this be simple and easy?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

...Or they re-elect Boehner.

Wow, that is the second dumbest re-election in this country in the past few months.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Even our local GOP is so fractured between Tparty, moderates and bat**** crazy right wing conspiracy theorist that
we look more like a comedy skit than a political party. Much like ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join