Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

GOP Activist Group Spokesperson Cites ‘Senior Sources’ That John Boehner Will Resign Speakership

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
GOP Activist Group Spokesperson Cites ‘Senior Sources’ That John Boehner Will Resign Speakership Tonight

Source: Mediaite.com

It's still rumor at this time, but the source (Ron Meyer Jr.) is the spokesperson with the conservative group "American Majority Action". He made this allegation on the Martin Bashir show today.


“We need a new Speaker,” Meyer said. “There are serious rumors that at the conference tonight, at 5 o’clock, John Boehner will announce to the conference that he is resigning as Speaker of the House.”

Bashir said he found that hard to believe, to which Meyer replied that he also found it unlikely. Bashir pressed and asked if there was any evidence to back this up or a candidate who is seeking to replace Boehner as speaker. Meyer replied that he thought Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) was spearheading this “coup,” but had no evidence to back that up.

“I’m not going to name names, just watch tonight,” Meyer said.


It may not happen as early as he suggested, but there seems to be some serious GOP grumbling about Boehner and Cantor. The fallout among Republicans over the Fiscal Cliff and even the shelving of the vote for hurricane relief aid to New Englanders is bound to claim some heads. Again, perhaps premature, but not entirely implausible.

Other sources:
Boehner to Resign?
Senior sources cited that House Speaker John Boehner may resign tonight

Who Ron Meyer is: American Majority Action




posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
.. {codespeak} If he does go I'd like to see an Alan West type take his position.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think if you look at yesterday's vote in the house on the fiscal cliff bill, you can find a clear schism in the GOP. The "No" voters and Teapublicans outnumber the moderate Republicans, and I suspect it is from their ranks the next speaker will come from.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer
 


Only reason I will miss him, is because he had the cajones to tell Harry Reid to "Go F himself!"! Plus he said it twice!!!!!

Source



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I think if you look at yesterday's vote in the house on the fiscal cliff bill, you can find a clear schism in the GOP. The "No" voters and Teapublicans outnumber the moderate Republicans, and I suspect it is from their ranks the next speaker will come from.


Just what we need are some more anti logic, psychotic corpro fascists who think science is
a threat to business



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingking

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I think if you look at yesterday's vote in the house on the fiscal cliff bill, you can find a clear schism in the GOP. The "No" voters and Teapublicans outnumber the moderate Republicans, and I suspect it is from their ranks the next speaker will come from.


Just what we need are some more anti logic, psychotic corpro fascists who think science is
a threat to business


Look at you.. how cute.. Just comin' out swingin' with a scattershot on your second post ever. Care to tighten that blanket statement up a bit?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I think if you look at yesterday's vote in the house on the fiscal cliff bill, you can find a clear schism in the GOP. The "No" voters and Teapublicans outnumber the moderate Republicans, and I suspect it is from their ranks the next speaker will come from.

It seems like a troubled marriage. I'm wondering if/when a party split will ever come.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Originally posted by kingking

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I think if you look at yesterday's vote in the house on the fiscal cliff bill, you can find a clear schism in the GOP. The "No" voters and Teapublicans outnumber the moderate Republicans, and I suspect it is from their ranks the next speaker will come from.


Just what we need are some more anti logic, psychotic corpro fascists who think science is
a threat to business


Look at you.. how cute.. Just comin' out swingin' with a scattershot on your second post ever. Care to tighten that blanket statement up a bit?


The TEA PARTY are extremist, pro business psychopaths



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer
 


Too bad he didn't resign years ago. I would cry too if I were him with his back stabbing double dealing acts he has been committing against the American people. I am sure he has probably been crying all the way to the bank as well.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingking

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Originally posted by kingking

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I think if you look at yesterday's vote in the house on the fiscal cliff bill, you can find a clear schism in the GOP. The "No" voters and Teapublicans outnumber the moderate Republicans, and I suspect it is from their ranks the next speaker will come from.


Just what we need are some more anti logic, psychotic corpro fascists who think science is
a threat to business


Look at you.. how cute.. Just comin' out swingin' with a scattershot on your second post ever. Care to tighten that blanket statement up a bit?


The TEA PARTY are extremist, pro business psychopaths


Okay so since we know your against... who would you be for?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Originally posted by kingking

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Originally posted by kingking

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I think if you look at yesterday's vote in the house on the fiscal cliff bill, you can find a clear schism in the GOP. The "No" voters and Teapublicans outnumber the moderate Republicans, and I suspect it is from their ranks the next speaker will come from.


Just what we need are some more anti logic, psychotic corpro fascists who think science is
a threat to business


Look at you.. how cute.. Just comin' out swingin' with a scattershot on your second post ever. Care to tighten that blanket statement up a bit?


The TEA PARTY are extremist, pro business psychopaths


Okay so since we know your against... who would you be for?


Someone who cares about the workers and middle class at least as much as they care about the
ultra wealthy.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kingking
 


Fair enough.. Do you have a sufficient enough understanding of the non tea party repubs' positions to hazard a preference to replace Boehner?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I think Cantor has the position whether Boehner steps down or is voted out. Equally interesting is that Paul Ryan cast a "yea" vote on that crappy deal yesterday. Ryan has always been strongly supportive of the fact that the US doesn't have a revenue problem, rather an overspending problem, so I'm surprised he prostituted himself for a tax increase.

Those "Yea" voters have one shot at redemption in my eyes. If they roll over for Obama in the real fiscal cliff business at the end of Feb along with voting to raise the debt ceiling, I will forever wish them failure.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
reply to post by kingking
 


Fair enough.. Do you have a sufficient enough understanding of the non tea party repubs' positions to hazard a preference to replace Boehner?


I am not sure if my understanding suffices, all I know is that I have an opinion.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Yeah, I think Cantor has the position whether Boehner steps down or is voted out. Equally interesting is that Paul Ryan cast a "yea" vote on that crappy deal yesterday. Ryan has always been strongly supportive of the fact that the US doesn't have a revenue problem, rather an overspending problem, so I'm surprised he prostituted himself for a tax increase.

Those "Yea" voters have one shot at redemption in my eyes. If they roll over for Obama in the real fiscal cliff business at the end of Feb along with voting to raise the debt ceiling, I will forever wish them failure.


The fact is America didn't have a revenue problem until the revenue was continuously slashed over the
period of three decades. America has both a spending and a revenue problem.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6
 



Yeah, I think Cantor has the position whether Boehner steps down or is voted out. Equally interesting is that Paul Ryan cast a "yea" vote on that crappy deal yesterday. Ryan has always been strongly supportive of the fact that the US doesn't have a revenue problem, rather an overspending problem, so I'm surprised he prostituted himself for a tax increase.

Those "Yea" voters have one shot at redemption in my eyes. If they roll over for Obama in the real fiscal cliff business at the end of Feb along with voting to raise the debt ceiling, I will forever wish them failure.


I think the Republican party has already submitted to their end of life healthcare plan Burdman. They totally, whether on purpose or out of pure stupidity, shown their true colors and I do believe that the United States of America is now under a one party dictatorship. I would like to think it was accidental, but with the economic situation our nation is facing and the dismantling of our Constitution, I can not fathom any other reason, other than a central bank takeover of America.

Now that I think of it, the only option the Republicans have to save their sorry carcasses, is to BEG Ron Paul to stay on and support him for the next Presidential race! Now with that being said, four more years of Obama is an eternity in hell, will we still be here to have another presidential election????
edit on 2-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Honestly, he can't manage it.

He can neither stand up to or effectively manage the Tea Party wing of the GOP.

What we have here is anarchy within the rank and file - which is standard-fare for poor leadership, no matter the political party.
edit on 1/2/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by burdman30ott6
 



Yeah, I think Cantor has the position whether Boehner steps down or is voted out. Equally interesting is that Paul Ryan cast a "yea" vote on that crappy deal yesterday. Ryan has always been strongly supportive of the fact that the US doesn't have a revenue problem, rather an overspending problem, so I'm surprised he prostituted himself for a tax increase.

Those "Yea" voters have one shot at redemption in my eyes. If they roll over for Obama in the real fiscal cliff business at the end of Feb along with voting to raise the debt ceiling, I will forever wish them failure.


I think the Republican party has already submitted to their end of life healthcare plan Burdman. They totally, whether on purpose or out of pure stupidity, shown their true colors and I do believe that the United States of America is now under a one party dictatorship. I would like to think it was accidental, but with the economic situation our nation is facing and the dismantling of our Constitution, I can not fathom any other reason, other than a central bank takeover of America.


So the banks are trying to takeover, via the Democrats and moderate Republicans, by raising taxes???



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kingking
 




So the banks are trying to takeover, via the Democrats and moderate Republicans, by raising taxes???


They are not trying at all! It appears they have succeeded, don't you think?? Where is the tax money going? Where have the jobs went? Where in the hell in Washington DC exists an honest politician who has not used their office to gain more wealth and power?

Bank bailouts, corporate bailouts, while all the while we are told it is all the fault of the poor people?? Maybe our middle class would be dissappearing if we had elected officials who worked for the people versus bowing down to their lobbyist friends and corporate masters??? I don't know, maybe I am crazy....

I think America is finally starting to see the man behind the curtain and it isn't going to be a pretty situation come spring.......just my opinion.....



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by kingking
 




So the banks are trying to takeover, via the Democrats and moderate Republicans, by raising taxes???


They are not trying at all! It appears they have succeeded, don't you think?? Where is the tax money going? Where have the jobs went? Where in the hell in Washington DC exists an honest politician who has not used their office to gain more wealth and power?

Bank bailouts, corporate bailouts, while all the while we are told it is all the fault of the poor people?? Maybe our middle class would be dissappearing if we had elected officials who worked for the people versus bowing down to their lobbyist friends and corporate masters??? I don't know, maybe I am crazy....

I think America is finally starting to see the man behind the curtain and it isn't going to be a pretty situation come spring.......just my opinion.....


and who is the man behind the curtain?

It seems to me that the people who have corporations backs, above all other factions IS the
Tea Party.

Under the Tea Party mantra, Corporations can self regulate, discharge their externalities onto
the public and maintaining the maximum profit possible.






top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join