It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sperm donor who helped lesbian couple fights child support bid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The two women were "married" So then it should go as a traditional marriage goes. The "man" in the relationship should have to pay support. If not then I can see this as being a negative for gay marriage.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

There's no man or woman in a same sex relationship. Gender roles are a society construct and really don't apply in those cases.

Either way the state has no business asking a third party to provide support for a child he didn't make. All he did was provide genetic material. That does not make you a parent, nor should it make your responsible so long as the proper legal remedies are in place.

As for traditionally, you realize that courts are heavily invested in woman and routinely screw men out of their rights and their money right?

The whole system favors mothers, even when it's proven the mother is not fit to raise the child. A whole lot of sexism there.

~Tenth
edit on 1/2/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

But the article is lacking in details. Which his why Im going to say, he probably had sex with the mother.
reply to post by Miraj

Turkey baster, anyone?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The two women were "married" So then it should go as a traditional marriage goes. The "man" in the relationship should have to pay support. If not then I can see this as being a negative for gay marriage.
reply to post by kimish

I'm sure a lawyer somewhere will be able to class it as 'infidelity' and get the guy off.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

They had an agreement which denied the man responsible and put reasonablity on the the other partner. This is all that matters. If the state don't like it deny her assistance and blame the lesbians for the error not the man. The state wants money just the same they are doing to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood

reply to post by kimish

I'm sure a lawyer somewhere will be able to class it as 'infidelity' and get the guy off.

True, But that's a lot of money that most people don't have.

@tothetenthpower : Touche

edit on 2-1-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis
reply to post by magma

Seems to me that he should be pissed off at the woman. She seems to be the one pushing the child support issue.

Yeah, because she surely knew why the state wanted that info. To get him to pay. They prolly told her that in order to get assistance she needed to give up the name. And instead of saying she didn't know, she went ahead and told, just so she could get her measley $400 a month. Hope it was worth it!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Who says it should be the government who controls who and how kids are made?

They shouldn't control that aspect at all.

However, when people claw for the gov't teat to support those kids, I (as a taxpayer) expect the gov't to exhaust all options in finding the deadbeat dad to support those kids.

I know this man may have an agreement with the lesbians but how did that work out? I'm thinking the gov't should go after the other lesbian mother/father for child support! Where's the equality now??

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood

reply to post by kimish

you can get off because the child was conceived without a marriage? No way... What state you in? That don't happen here in MI

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Why do women feel like they can do that? There is certainly something cultural underlying in this.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

The goverment should have denied her assistance once the man showed the agreement or amended their claim to include the lesbian couple as mother/father.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

The gov't should be going after the other mother for child support. However this is a warning to all potential sperm donors out there. Best to remain anonymous at those clinics.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
GOd DAmn the net book and erasing my responses....!!!!

To you LGBT community, you're doing the same as playing the race card. Give it up. We accept you for who you are, you deserve no special privileges more than me or anybody else.

ETA:: before my netbook deletes my post...

We are all equal. If you feminist feel otherwise why do you feel that men should pay the brunt of child support, especially in circumstances where both parties were involved and conceiving and the woman earns a higher amount then the man?

Also, why is it inadmissable to bring up in court a womans mental health past when going for custody for a child/children? Isn't that sexist? the the child remain with the mother even though proven incompetent?
It's all for the woman, and that is sexist, Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
Let it be a lesson. DO NOT SUPPORT THE LGBT COMMUNITY! They are liars, thieves of seed and many other things (except normal). They would all be extinct by now if it were not for abominations like this. Can anyone say Sodom and Gomorrah?

You have no justification to say that. The thread was about the government hunting down the father not about Lesbians or gender. Also do not see that the lesbian parents were the ones causing problems, it was the government

Shame that people have to say things like you just did, it really shows how evolved you are.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Originally posted by Mr. D
Let it be a lesson. DO NOT SUPPORT THE LGBT COMMUNITY! They are liars, thieves of seed and many other things (except normal). They would all be extinct by now if it were not for abominations like this. Can anyone say Sodom and Gomorrah?

You have no justification to say that. The thread was about the government hunting down the father not about Lesbians or gender. Also do not see that the lesbian parents were the ones causing problems, it was the government

Shame that people have to say things like you just did, it really shows how evolved you are.

Unfortunately there is some truth to that. Note I say "some". But we all know that one rotten apple ruins the bushel. Correct?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I was considering sperm donation for same sex couples.

But not now. I don't want to be chased down for child support after thinking i was helping some-one out.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That is an issue that merits discussion. The freedom of procreation and its virtual nonexistence (in practice the individual has lost it due to many factors, from genetics to economical) under our current social system. Personal vs State and social rights and responsibilities towards children.

What you are stating is that the donor should submit to the system regulations that could ultimately find him not fit to procreate or refuse to do the insemination. To submit to a monitoring and documentation by the state (and attached entities). I'm not advocating to the contrary but noting that it is a double edged sword.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Thats uncalled for. One instance and youre attacking an entire group of people? Thats not right.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Don't donate sperm to a lesbian couple, without hiring a liar, and going through the P's and Q's. Make sure you are protected under your own state laws before helping out. It's sad it has to come to that, but hell, you have to make sure your state has good sameritan laws before attempting CPR these days, again this is sad as hell. If you save a life, but break some ribs, you can be sued for damages if your state does not have those laws. It is sad as hell we have to think of these things, but there were a few states I visited, that I would have to think twice before saving someone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join