It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be a mandatory carry act?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think that if a cop or ex military/agent wants to carry then the govenment provide a weapon so they can carry 24/7 until they no longer want to carry or prefer their own weapon over what the govenment will provide. Cops on duty 24/7 for the cost of a gun and ammo. 1,000$ a year as opposed to hiring 100,000 new guys at 50k a year.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Wow, me and SG actually agreed on something. What a weird way to start the new year.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfie
There is a place in the US which are proud of there Gun Laws. i.e. it is compulsory to carry.
The place is called Kennesaw in Georgia.

Here is an Ad on Youtube promoting themselves

-snipped video for space-

Interesting. And what does the anti-gun establishment say about this one?

Reminds me of Switzerland:

Gun politics in Switzerland are unique in Europe. Switzerland does not have a standing army, instead opting for a people's militia for its national defense.

The personal weapons of the militia are kept at home as part of the military obligations; Switzerland thus has one of the highest militia gun ownership rates in the world.[1] In recent times political opposition has expressed a desire for tighter gun regulations.[2] A referendum in February 2011 rejected stricter gun control.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

What you have in these cases are districts/countries that are resting responsibility on their civilian population. Essentially saying, you are old enough to be responsible for your actions, the defence of yourselves and your families, and your country.

By doing this the state or county, is empowering their citizens and holding the to higher standards. It is something akin to calling a child and idiot, and low and behold the child develops into an idiot. In this case, reenforcing maturity and responsibility and seeing it reflected in the end result.
edit on 2-1-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join