It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be a mandatory carry act?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Given all the pro-anti gun stuff that goes on how would you feel if every person over the age of 16 had to carry a loaded firearm at all times while outside of any property they owned and failure to have such a weapon on yourself in public would mandate a serious jail term

Obviously I would exclude certain people by default such as the physically and mentally incapable of using a weapon and provide a method where by senior judges could after deliberation remove the right to carry for a certain length of time upon medical advice but it would be a person by person so there's no way a doctor can just make the entire state mentally unworthy in one signing

At the same time it could be a cue to reduce the police force back to a clean up and prepare the details for the courts to deal with crimes and only to deal with as an emergency those who are not able wield a weapon.

Perhaps also the development of a standard state weapon that's cheap to manufacture and distribute to everyone along with a reasonable supply of ammunition so those that cannot afford to purchase a weapon can meet the requirements

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What?

Did you really just write this?

WOW!

edit on 2-1-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Judging by how many people fell for the ol' "Nibiru is coming to destroy us so buy my colloidal silver act" this year... I'd say most people are not fit to carry arms...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Interesting premise and it's something I believe a couple communities have tried in different parts of the country for ownership if not carry. I'm not sure it's enforced all that strictly but the thought is sure nice.

Then again... I think of an incident I saw when my wife and I were enjoying our Honeymoon. Part of what we did was Knotts Berry Farm in Southern California. It was a fun day and we really enjoyed ourselves. It can be a rough amusement park at times though and the example here showed it that day. While boarding the raft on the Rafting ride there a gangbanger...maybe 16... was getting on ahead of us and apparently had about the level of intelligence found in most gangbangers. While stretching his legs across to drop into the raft there arose a clatter beneath him.

A full size 9mm automatic pistol fell from the leg of his shorts and bounced across the floor of the raft.
That ended his little day of fun ..and it was educational to see just HOW close security really was in that park ....despite never seeing outward signs of them. He'd barely picked it up when they picked HIM up and bodily carried him off somewhere. lol....

I think the lesson I took from that day was that while I am 100% for people who choose to carry and know HOW to properly handle and carry a weapon having the right to.......I wouldn't include quite EVERYONE in that. There's no way to know what record..if any..he may have had and a few years older, it would have been a legal thing for him to buy too. He just didn't have the brains God have a potato for carrying it safely.

edit on 2-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Given all the pro-anti gun stuff that goes on how would you feel if every person over the age of 16 had to carry a loaded firearm at all times while outside of any property they owned and failure to have such a weapon on yourself in public would mandate a serious jail term

Obviously I would exclude certain people by default such as the physically and mentally incapable of using a weapon and provide a method where by senior judges could after deliberation remove the right to carry for a certain length of time upon medical advice but it would be a person by person so there's no way a doctor can just make the entire state mentally unworthy in one signing

At the same time it could be a cue to reduce the police force back to a clean up and prepare the details for the courts to deal with crimes and only to deal with as an emergency those who are not able wield a weapon.

Perhaps also the development of a standard state weapon that's cheap to manufacture and distribute to everyone along with a reasonable supply of ammunition so those that cannot afford to purchase a weapon can meet the requirements

Not every sheep needs to also be a sheepdog.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Sounds like a plan. lol
Statistics show that states with more lax gun laws and that allow open carry have lower crime rates. You may be on to something here.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Perhaps i should include the educational system to have a good session regularly on guns both physical and the ethics

It wasn't meant to be a real thing but a 'what if' and would you be happy being around people knowing everyone is pretty much packing

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with the constitution as it stands, but forcing others to do something against their will, even with the best intentions, is just another form of oppression

Best leave things exactly as they were first written in my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't believe a person should be forced to carry a gun. The 2nd amendment gives a person the right to bear arms. It is their choice if they want to or not. Interesting concept though.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There is a place in the US which are proud of there Gun Laws. i.e. it is compulsory to carry.
The place is called Kennesaw in Georgia.

Here is an Ad on Youtube promoting themselves

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfie

Hope the cat survived

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Interesting premise and it's something I believe a couple communities have tried in different parts of the country for ownership if not carry. I'm not sure it's enforced all that strictly but the thought is sure nice.

Uh no, it's a violation of our basic freedoms. Mandating or requiring somebody to own a gun, requiring kids to own guns? Are you people out of your minds? What's really interesting about this proposal is that the same people pushing for this are the ones complaining about Obama's healthcare mandate.

Nobody should be forced to buy or own fire arms, what they choose to do with their lives is none of your business. Why don't you mind your own?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I really hope this is some type of tongue in cheek commentary on the ridiculous extremism of the anti-gun folks. If it is, more power to you, if it's not, WTH are you thinking?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Given all the pro-anti gun stuff that goes on how would you feel if every person over the age of 16 had to carry a loaded firearm at all times while outside of any property they owned and failure to have such a weapon on yourself in public would mandate a serious jail term.

Nah, I think the "Unpredictable nuclear device in you basement" act or UNDIYB would be a lot more effective.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No...I've had enough of government...

Government requiring me...mandating me...surveilling me...legislating me...inoculating me
...classifying me...poking me..prodding me and provoking me.

Just leave me alone ALREADY!

The LAW says I have the right to a gun IF I CHOOSE...

I choose to be left alone...you can choose to bother me if you want....but I may have a gun, so be careful

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfie

Comical video, but I like the way she saved the tax payers money and just did away with the scum bag right off the bat!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Yep its more of the "In theory that if....." scenario since there seems to be loads of people trying to grab the guns 'from' the people what would happen if we gave them to 'all' the people and how would it work when taken to the complete other side

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Oh, I know what ya meant. I didn't mean that to have an edge at all.

In general, with intelligent and responsible adults carrying weapons? I'm a firm believer in an armed society usually being a very polite society, indeed. How many people are going to tell someone they'd like to kill 'em for something ...knowing the other may just take them up on that threat and return the favor in advance? lol... Your point is a good one in context.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join