It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton: After Gun Control, We May Have To Deal With Knife Control

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by whatsecret

You may want to Google, "ISRA AND illinois gun bill"

There is a move to ban almost ALL guns by Friday of this week in Illinois. Scary stuff. I feel it's going to bring Civil War eventually.

Yeah and we were getting CCW here a week ago too.
These fools need to make up their minds. Id lay money on this never getting out of the gate. According to our courts, we CAN have CCW.. because the ban on it is unconstitutional. That was JUST decided and is going through the system as we speak. SO who will they get to reverse this when they claimed the opposite just a few weeks ago?? **GIANT eye roll**

Bah. I hate that we were transferred and moved here, but Ive told folks here for 7 yrs ( this is my 2nd acct) that whatever happens in Illinois is a testing ground of what can and will happen in other states. ( take our Occupancy Permit for example.. police need no warrant to enter your home) I just quit my job at the prosecutors office before xmas.. want to "retire" and be a bum for a while and then get a less BS job than that one became... and the majority of thought is that this gun ban wont fly. Theyd have to get ISP to confiscate and they arent going to be able to do it much less have the desire to disarm legal owners. Its common for whiners to make a big show about some buzz nonsense in the news.. and never have any real intention of doing it. They habitually play the martyr here in local to state govt .. sorry, we tried but were shot down. Its all a show. They seem to really love APPEARING to be on the front lines of progression in Il.. but never quite pull it off. They destroyed Chicago with the gun ban there.. the only folks who have them and use them constantly are the criminals. Go disarm THEM for a start. Nahh, dont expect any rational response to gun violence in Illinois.

I agree for the most part. I've seen this play out over and over again over the years. However, I feel like this is different. Consider it just a feeling I guess. But sooner or later these Anti-gunners are gonna get what they want. And Bud, I really fear the day that they do. Because it will be an armed revolution in the US. I really feel like the government wants a civil war in order to bring about more control and/or the UN. And I feel that this bill, or something similar is going to be what kicks off a big chain of nasty events.

But your right. 9.9 times outta ten it's a show done by a class of politicians that would exploit there grandmother for sex if it got them more votes.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
he's an ambulance chaser

why would anyone care what he says ?

he has no office

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he's an ambulance chaser

he has no office

Syrinx, he's worse than an ambulance chaser... he will call in a fake accident to get the ambulance to race there so he can chase it... and spew righteous indignation on tv or in the press later that the ambulance was speeding toward a fake accident.... ugh.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

he's an ambulance chaser

he has no office

Syrinx, he's worse than an ambulance chaser... he will call in a fake accident to get the ambulance to race there so he can chase it... and spew righteous indignation on tv or in the press later that the ambulance was speeding toward a fake accident.... ugh.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but what are you basing this on?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

he's an ambulance chaser

he has no office

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but what are you basing this on?

Maybe read up on Rev Sharpton and the numerous legal cases he has been dabbling in for decades. He screams fire.. like the Brawley incident... and somehow folks still think he has some relevance. I mean the guy claimed that Attorney General Robert Abrams was wacking off while looking at pics of Brawley.... and Im serious. The man is insane and manufactures his own drama that he places himself in the center of. I particularly enjoyed him getting civil rights history completely wrong and in public.. being a non-white myself. He supported and was involved in the predatory lending and then turned around and claimed to represent those who were destroyed by these practices. years ago when he first pretended to be a politician he was called " Al Charlatan". He also did a great job inciting racial violence at Freddys fashion Market or mart.. I forget the last part of the name.. in Harlem. Its ALL there.. all you need to do is google.

Rather than ask me.. just look into his decades long career and facts.. then draw your own conclusions.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Rather than ask me.. just look into his decades long career and facts.. then draw your own conclusions.

That's the thing... I did look into his career and I found out that he is a longtime civil rights activist and community organizer. President of the National Action Network, he wrote 2 books, has a syndicated XM Radio show called Keepin' It Real with Al Sharpton,

He was able to organize over 1000 people protest on Howard Beach in 1986, he believed and tried to help 15 year old Tawana Brawley when she said that she was raped, I don't know if it's true but she still stands by the story.

In 1991 he organized the Crown Heights protest which turned into a violent riot. He ran for President in 2004 and got 34% votes in the primary. He organized another protest in Louisiana for Jena Six trials. He also organized protests for Amidou Diallo in 1999, Ousmane Zongo in 2003 and Sean Bell in 2006. And now he has a show on MSNBC called Politics Nation with Al Sharpton.

So basically what I found is that he is a pretty successful community organizer, nothing about chasing Ambulances. You know who else was a community organizer once only without a show on TV? Barack Obama.

So if you think Al Sharpton has no influence you are wrong.

edit on 2-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

Why not just wrap the country in bubble wrap, smooth all the sharp corners and edges, govern cars to 10 mph, ban alcohol, ban cigarettes, ban fires and only play re runs of Barney on T.V.

I don't know about you, but can we PLEASE add Teletubbies to your list???

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

Why not just wrap the country in bubble wrap, smooth all the sharp corners and edges, govern cars to 10 mph, ban alcohol, ban cigarettes, ban fires and only play re runs of Barney on T.V.

I don't know about you, but can we PLEASE add Teletubbies to your list???

No they are too scary. Especially Tinky Winky.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Al's a big Douchebag. Its amazing yet sad that a loudmouth reverand climbed his way up to the political ladder and media since the 80's.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's ridiculous that a direct product of the Civil Rights Era would push for disarming the people.

But then he's made it. He's one of "them" now so he'll have his 24/7 security and his own firearms and all those minorities still poor, still trampled on not only by "them" but now by their peers as well will continue to not be able to defend themselves.

Gun control is racist and Al Sharpton is a Grand Wizard.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Amen.

Look -- I'm not particularly violent. I used to love a good club-fight, but the 80's and early 90's were a different time, and I was a kid.

Not that it matters: Everything I see around me is a weapon if I want it to be. What can't be picked up and used can be used in place to direct an opponent onto, for example.

These idiots never learn. Bubble-wrap the world indeed.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The "Reverend" Al's opinion is about as relevant to in modern political and philosophical discourse as one given by a washed-up civil rights agitator with an axe to grind...

I'm sure he wishes his opinion mattered; sad truth is I think it might to the 200 or so people that listen to his radio show.

He is only good at one thing.

And for that task his relevance is limited by leveraging something over which he had no control so in essence it’s a gift - his skin color.

Al Sharpton has a platinum "race card" - overused.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am all for banning assult weapons, because lets face it. There is no damn good reason for a citizen to own an assault weapon. But as of late I have to admit that every time I hear someone proclaim we need gun control and possibly knife control something does not sit right with me. Maybe it's the word CONTROL in a so called free society. I don't know just thinking and typing out loud here.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
I am all for banning assult weapons, because lets face it. There is no damn good reason for a citizen to own an assault weapon. But as of late I have to admit that every time I hear someone proclaim we need gun control and possibly knife control something does not sit right with me. Maybe it's the word CONTROL in a so called free society. I don't know just thinking and typing out loud here.

Is there a damn good reason for citizens to own one of these?

To find a parking spot for this thing in NYC is nearly impossible, gas is so expensive, streets are not wide enough for the amount of cars. Why can't he just own a compact car? It will get him to where he needs to go just the same as the Hummer does.

Why do you care what good citizens own in a first place? If he's not a criminal he won't do anything to harm anybody with any type weapon.
edit on 3-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
He wants to go after guns and knives, but not criminals?
We need to ban Al Sharpton!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
We would kill each other with sticks and stones if that was all we had left to use. And if sticks and stones were banned, we would use our bare hands.

The real problem is the actual murders, not the tools used for the murders. We are all too clenched up, lied too, deceived, self-decieved, angry, opposed, suppressed, abused, exploited. It is having a deleterious affect on our individual and collective minds. We are ALL responsible for it because we are doing it to ourselves.

Laws won't change a thing. Banning changes nothing. If someone wants to kill, they will kill.......By any means necessary.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Give me one...just one valid reason a citizen needs to own an assault weapon! Assault weapons are designed for the purpose of killing as many individuals in a short span of time rather than a rifle which is not. I agree if someone wants to kill they will find any means to do so, but why make it easier for them when there is no reason for that type of weapon in a society if you are not in the military on the front lines. Don't tell me people hunt with it either because that is Horse S**T.

edit on 1/3/2013 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Give me one...just one valid reason a citizen needs to own an assault weapon!

Seeing as how you are the judge of "valid" why should anyone waste their time?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Give me one...just one valid reason a citizen needs to own an assault weapon!

Seeing as how you are the judge of "valid" why should anyone waste their time?

Oh for gods sake really? This is a discussion site is it not?...Don't be obtuse.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You better believe they will...afterall if the guns are banned along with brass knuckles, blackjacks and switchblades then other blade weapons will be used and thus be put on a weapons list as well. Say goodbye to your KaBars and Navy Seal knives, OJ.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join