It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton: After Gun Control, We May Have To Deal With Knife Control

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Many of you might be sick of the amount of threads regarding gun control, but I think every detail of the "war on gun owners" should be pointed out as soon as possible. People should really understand where we are heading as a Nation.

Before they do actually pass new laws banning large clips, or whatever, lets look at Chicago which is one huge gun free zone that we can measure the effectiveness of strict gun laws,. I don't know about you but to me it looks like it is not working.

Chicago

Chicago homicides are up 15 percent this year compared to the same period last year, according to RedEye data. Homicides were up 60 percent in March compared to 2011 but the rate has slowed since then.

What should we do about it? If Al Sharpton had a chance he would start banning everything that can be used as a weapon.

And here's a Sharpton giving us a warning about what comes after they make more gun laws. Ban Knifes!

We May Have To Deal With Knife Control

a caller asked: “What happens when the criminal goes to knives, Al?” “Then you deal with knives,” Sharpton pointedly replied. “The same thing as if you have a head cold and the same thing you do if you have a head cold and the cold is gone and you have a headache. Then you take headache medicine. The job of society is to deal with whatever problem confronts it.”

11-year-old boy was one of Five Killed in Four Days. His aunt wants the driver to be arrested even though according to NYPD he wasn't drunk and that it was a horrible accident, nothing more.

“They’re just giving him summonses,” [Miguel's aunt Yolanda] Ardezzone said. “I think he should get more than summonses — jail time, so this won’t happen to another child.”

I understand that she is going through something that I cant even imagine, and she really does want to make sure this never happens to another child.. But in reality we have no way to make sure this doesn't happen.

Making guns illegal is essentially the same thing as making accidents illegal. Law abiding citizens will continue to drive around and once in while have accidents, Some will continue driving under the influence or reckless. cars are very easy to get, they are everywhere and anybody can turn it into a weapon.

I'm not a very good thread creator and I hope you get what I'm saying.. If we let people like Jerrold Nadler succeed in their plans for the American people, there will be no place left on earth to live free.

edit on 2-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
after knives we can ban fists! yes! then feet, then stumps? hmm idk i guess we ban life after that.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Can i just post: LOL! (?)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Why not just wrap the country in bubble wrap, smooth all the sharp corners and edges, govern cars to 10 mph, ban alcohol, ban cigarettes, ban fires and only play re runs of Barney on T.V.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
better yet I can kill someone with a spoon, maybe we ban all kitchen tools all together!?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Al Sharpton!?
Consider the source.

Al is about as useful as teats on a Boar.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Knife control?

How about we get to the root of why our society is so violent, or why we have so many disturbed individuals instead. Pretty much anything can be used effectively as a weapon if you are inclined to use it as such.

Taking away guns is ineffective.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Switchblades are already illegal :-(

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I guess after Al Sharpton made his fortune and social status off of exploiting the poor and African-Americans he decided that critical thinking skills and political relevancy were no longer necessary. This man is simply a media face for political circus---he needs to be ignored and will be---no doubt. The gun (and apparently "kife"
) issue doesn't have its roots in guns. I'm for some type of restrictives on certain guns, but now this had gotten out of hand when any old jack ass decides to have an opinion on issues they nothing about. Just shut up Al.

-Ghoster
edit on 2-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You may want to Google, "ISRA AND illinois gun bill"

There is a move to ban almost ALL guns by Friday of this week in Illinois. Scary stuff. I feel it's going to bring Civil War eventually.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

“Then you deal with knives,” Sharpton pointedly replied. “The same thing as if you have a head cold and the same thing you do if you have a head cold and the cold is gone and you have a headache. Then you take headache medicine. The job of society is to deal with whatever problem confronts it.”

I suppose the irony is lost on Sharpton that most cold medications do nothing to actually fight off the cold, but only mask the symptoms.

On the other hands, there are plenty of old Chinese herbs and medicines that boost immune function and actually help fight the cold. Addressing the root cause of the problem.

For this example.. Please ignore the snake oil TCM's (like bear toe fungus and crane gull bladders) even their own practitioners realize these are a farce....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Why not just ignore this guy as the waste of oxygen he is. Is he relevant any time there isnt a crime involving black people? That seems to be the only time he crawls out from under his rock.
If that sounded racist in the least, I apologize. That wasnt my intent.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Hey Al , I Refuse to Give Up My Steak Knife ! Come and get it Sucka ! ..........

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I suppose the irony is lost on Sharpton that most cold medications do nothing to actually fight off the cold, but only mask the symptoms.

Exactly! note that he said "we'll deal with knifes" not the people that kill with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Sharpton.........

You hit it out the park!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Al Sharpton!?
Consider the source.

Al is about as useful as teats on a Boar.

We should pay attention to what he says and does because that's not only his opinion, a lot of our politicians have the same plan. He's just a brainwashing tool they use on TV.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

There is a move to ban almost ALL guns by Friday of this week in Illinois. Scary stuff. I feel it's going to bring Civil War eventually.

Someone started a thread about it www.abovetopsecret.com...

It feels almost like they want civil war. Scary stuff indeed.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

He might walk over........... but he'll be limping back. LoL Sorry I couldn't resist.

Ban everything. The russians used to use snow to kill people without evidence. "white death". How the hell are we gonna ban snow?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

He might walk over........... but he'll be limping back. LoL Sorry I couldn't resist.

Ban everything. The russians used to use snow to kill people without evidence. "white death". How the hell are we gonna ban snow?

They are going to ban the yellow snow first.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Yeah and we were getting CCW here a week ago too.
These fools need to make up their minds. Id lay money on this never getting out of the gate. According to our courts, we CAN have CCW.. because the ban on it is unconstitutional. That was JUST decided and is going through the system as we speak. SO who will they get to reverse this when they claimed the opposite just a few weeks ago?? **GIANT eye roll**

Bah. I hate that we were transferred and moved here, but Ive told folks here for 7 yrs ( this is my 2nd acct) that whatever happens in Illinois is a testing ground of what can and will happen in other states. ( take our Occupancy Permit for example.. police need no warrant to enter your home) I just quit my job at the prosecutors office before xmas.. want to "retire" and be a bum for a while and then get a less BS job than that one became... and the majority of thought is that this gun ban wont fly. Theyd have to get ISP to confiscate and they arent going to be able to do it much less have the desire to disarm legal owners. Its common for whiners to make a big show about some buzz nonsense in the news.. and never have any real intention of doing it. They habitually play the martyr here in local to state govt .. sorry, we tried but were shot down. Its all a show. They seem to really love APPEARING to be on the front lines of progression in Il.. but never quite pull it off. They destroyed Chicago with the gun ban there.. the only folks who have them and use them constantly are the criminals. Go disarm THEM for a start. Nahh, dont expect any rational response to gun violence in Illinois.

Oh and Al Sharpton?? He needs to go take a nap somewhere, maybe in some warm comfy concrete. He has done so much to the poor that has been negative, I really wonder why folks even listen to him speak, much less print his verbal vomit. He and his opinions are completely irrelevant as are his few PSYCHOphants and hangers on. No one has told him yet though. Any time someone mentions Sharpton and his being the voice from the common folks and how he has some credibility.. I want to scream " Tawana Brawley" at them.

Oh and edited to add.. wonder how they will handle the firearm manufacturers located in Il with this lame-brained idea... you know.. big money like RRA, Armalite, and LMT ... etc.

edit on 2-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join