It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power Of The TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
How much control does that little box have over the millions of lost sheep?

Feed 10 minutes ago:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Meh I don’t watch much TV and once you have actually seen a baby delivered that show doesn’t really have much of a point to it.

PS: what about asking about the power of facebook as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why always the lectures? Social media is the strongest entity in the media wars - Information, awareness, and communication will win this battle - if we ever win.

My facebook is full of mindless dribble - Until I and a select few post of course. I share my knowledge - no point in trying to hide your opinion from the public/government, you need to be accountable - we all need to be accountable.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
About 50 years ago, a very wise woman ( my grandma) said "That damn TV will be the ruination of us all!" and she was right.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Imagine the educational and artistic potential of television. But the only things we learn from television is how and what to consume. The Learning Channel? The History Channel? We work all day and then go home and watch reality shows about... well... people working. Only a sick culture could have such a programming schedule. It makes us hate ourselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I fully agree with you, LesMisanthrope.

I just hope that the internet will in some ways fill the gap left by people misusing TV broadcasts.

I use the internet to learn about things.
But it is more of a "pull" from my side, than a "push" from the publishing side, if you understand what I mean.

Thank goodness for sites like YouTube for example.
Sure, there is a lot of garbage on YouTube, but if you search, you can find very educational stuff as well.

edit on 3-1-2013 by QMask because: Fixed spelling mistake.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I happen to believe that the TV is a weapon of mass destruction. It wasn't at first, but just look at the crap they put on it now. Honey Boo Boo and Toddlers and Tiaras. Yeah. Only those with half a mind could enjoy these shows.

I like to think about what society would be like if the TV were never invented. Families would still talk around the dinner table. Parents would still play board and card games with their kids. Kids would still be focused on their education instead of mindless TV shows and video games. People would be so much smarter, more mature, and have greater communication skills. Instead, we have spiraled downward at breakneck speed.

As a side note, I believe texting is the second worst invention.

Edit to Add:

edit on 3-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join