It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imam Khomeini’- the end of Materialism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

provided by Ayatollah Javadi Amoli

On January 3rd 1989, Imam Khomeini’s delegation left Tehran to Moscow, and they came back the next day, their total stay at Moscow was 23 hours. They were given a warm welcome at the international airport by the Premier of the Soviet Union and some of the high political officials along with the Friday Imam of Moscow and the ambassador of Iran and some of the Iranian embassy employees.

The meeting time with the Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev was at 11:00 am January 4th, and it took 2 hours and 5 minutes. On our entering the Kremlin palace the Premier of the Soviet Union and two of the high political officials, which were already there, came to welcome us a few steps from the meeting room, showing great enthusiasm for hearing Imam Khomeini’s message.

Considering the issue of mutual respect that is one the international rules of Islam and does not belong to any specific group, the delegation was determined to transfer the message with the language of guidance and education and not by the usual diplomatic way and they tried not to mix the words of God with some diplomatic smut, and not to ruin the strength of the invitation to monotheism with the usual diplomatic words, but to deliver the contents of the message in the language of guidance and education and not only reading some words and transferring the surface of the message. So they decided to say some prayers and they asked Allah “My lord, relieve my mind, and ease my task for me, and loose a knot from my tongue, that they may understand my saying” (The Holy Quran, 20:25-28)

With a relieved mind and not minding the Kremlin palace and by transferring and submitting the contents of the message with the language of guidance and education, we received the response of our God as the following verse “He said: Thou art granted thy request, O Moses” (The Holy Quran, 20:36). And now with the falling of the political powers of the communist parties in a short time and the breakup of most of its power centers the message of God can be heard by every one: “So we seized him and his hosts and flung them in the sea, for he was reprobate.” (The Holy Quran, 51:40)

During reading the message the Soviet leader listened to the message diplomatically polite, but because the content and its literature were at apex of guiding to monotheism and not at the perigee level of diplomacy and the style of transferring it was deductive, not just delivering a report. So at points we saw the true sign of this verse of Quran “Thus was the disbeliever abashed.” (The Holy Quran, 2: 258) in Gorbachev’s face which it almost awoken the dead nature of him.

After listening carefully to the letter and understanding the intentions of Imam, the former Soviet leader started to answer the invitation that took him one hour.

A summary of Gorbachev's answer based on the Persian interpreter’s saying is as follows: “I’m thankful of Ayatollah Khomeini's letter, I'll send an answer to this letter as soon as possible, we'll deliver it to the Soviet's clergymen, we are approving the law of religion freedom in the Soviet Union, I have claimed before that despite having different ideologies we can have peaceful relationship.

Imam Khomeini invited us to Islam; do we have to invite him to our school of thought? (At this point Gorbachev smiled and went on, this is a joke.) This invitation is interference in the internal affairs of another country. Cause every country is free and independent for selecting its school of thought.”

Iranian delegation studied the response of Gorbachev to the letter and got that the country reacted politically to the letter not culturally and educationally. Gorbachev considered the letter as interference to the national issues of the country. So with considering the letter politically the issue of sending the letter and the letter itself was under the question, so the delegation did not discuss the content of it. The head of the delegation said, "Thanks for listening the letter carefully and we appreciate your readiness for answering the letter and delivering it to the Soviet's clergymen.”

He underlined, “We appreciate the freedom of religion and hope an amicable condition for all people to live with each other as they have different schools of thought. But “the issue of interfering” should be clarified. You are free to do what you want in the vast land of Russia to the end of its skies and no one has the right to interfere in this realm. But the content of this letter, as the messages of other divine leaders, had nothing to with materialism and the territory of Russia; it was just related to your souls.”

The head of the delegation continued: “Mr. Gorbachev, are you as a tree, which your death will only mean the fading and withering of your body, and there won’t be any signs of life after your death? Or you are as a bird caged in the nature of your body, which your death would mean the opening of this cage and the flying of your soul to the eternal world? Of course the second one is true and not the first; and the contents of Imam Khomeini’s message is an invitation to monotheism and denying of atheism which is related to your soul, it has nothing to do to your country. Indeed when a person’s soul believes in monotheism, he will find the correct way of ruling a country and he’ll do this job in the best order.”

Link

Imam Khomeini told Gorbachev that he would fail for spiritual reasons.

If he was alive today , he would tell American leaders that US will go the same way for the same reason.

Humans live for spiritual goals. That is what makes them different than animals.

We will harvest what we plant today. Even today , we are harvesting what we have done yesterday.

So , west better stop running away from religion. Superstition will not help any one. False prophecies will not fill the place of Jesus.

Materialism will fail in all forms and reforms.

It is not what humans want inside and they will not be aligned with it.

peace.
edit on 2-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The problem comes when one tries to define materialism because it's definition tends to be anchored to societal needs of the individual. These needs can be judged completely rational from a given perspective in a given sociological ecosystem to one... while be judged as materialism to another that is not part of that ecosystem.

Then the questions become "Who should decide what materialism is?" and "Who benefits?" or "To what end?".

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Considering the issue of mutual respect that is one the international rules of Islam

And we all know how much respect Islam shows to countries like Israel - Khomeini was just another islamic nutter.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by mideast

Considering the issue of mutual respect that is one the international rules of Islam

And we all know how much respect Islam shows to countries like Israel - Khomeini was just another islamic nutter.

You are right. But your presumption is not right.

Israel is not a country.

It is a name that occupiers gave to the land.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

These needs can be judged completely rational from a given perspective in a given sociological ecosystem to one

IMO , the problem is that we can hardly define a common logic , while we are looking at different distances.

for example , you choose between these choices and tell me why.

Supoose that I find huge money on the street. I don't know the owner. It is midnight in cold winter. I am pretty sure that no one is around and no one is looking.

1- I suppose that I am lucky. I take the money and go home spending it. I really don't care what happens to the owner.

1- I believe that it is not mine and I can not take it because I will be punished for it in the judgment day. .I think that the owner will come back and look for it. So , I leave it alone.

They are both logic.

In the first one , I just spin on my near interests. Even if I believe in social moral , in the moment , it is not matter of chance for me. I can live in ease forever. Maybe the owner has died. This won't happen to me like happened to the owner.....

And in the second , I spin on something not just sensational. Some thing that no one has seen and I have just been warned about. Some thing far from me. But the reward will be greater.

There is logic in materialism and spiritualism (not the exact word). But Materialism is short sighted.

The distance in our negotiation is because you are talking about logic and I talk about eyesight.
edit on 3-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah religion of freedom in Russia, thats really going to work. What Khomeini really wants is this:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

No one should respect a group of illegal settlers forcefully occupying a land.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Iran-US relations in the eyes of Imam Khomeini :

Imam Khomeini said a beautiful and true sentence about US-Iran relationship , he said "Our relationship with US is the relationship of sheep and wolf "

ATS

top topics

join