It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Two "UFO" Sightings....Would Like Your Thoughts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sled, I've read your amazingly LONG thread on the paranormal many times. I must say, you are a very fascinating person...perhaps you need to take a vacation to NC? We have a finished basement with its own bathroom and you'd be welcome....I'd LOVE to experience some of the things you experience on a daily basis...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by sled735

Sled, I've read your amazingly LONG thread on the paranormal many times. I must say, you are a very fascinating person...perhaps you need to take a vacation to NC? We have a finished basement with its own bathroom and you'd be welcome....I'd LOVE to experience some of the things you experience on a daily basis...

Thank you, Smyleegrl. That's very sweet of you.

Although, I think you would change your mind after your first experience. And I wouldn't want to scare your son any more than he already is.
But, if I'm ever over that way, I may drop by and visit.

edit on 1/5/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hi Smyleegrl. I'm a fairly new member, but I've lurked for a couple of years before joining.
I've read some of your threads in the past, and as you stated, I don't sense you to be the type that would post b/s that wasn't true.

I do find it funny that you saw these lights doing these incredible maneuvers in the sky that a plane would not be able to do, and you are still saying you are not claiming it to be an "alien" craft.

I doubt that "we" have any technical machines that could preform those stunts. It seems to me that you witnessed a "star wars" battle in the act.

That would be an awesome thing to see! I'm happy you witnessed it.

I have seen a few UFOs in the sky myself, but nothing doing battle, and I know just from what I witnessed that these alien craft exist. No question in my mind!

If seeing something like this doesn't convince you of real UFOs, what's it going to take?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Good thread and I often enjoy the old fashioned, individual experience over the huge swathe of "what's this then I've photographed" stories. The point is,the number of people who have had your style of experience probably runs to the millions world wide and yet, apparently, there's nothing to actually see and all are just misidentified natural occurrences. The problem with that explanation is often that, those who proffer it as such in reality, have absolutely no real understanding of the explanation, it's just cant copied and regurgitated rote.

Let's take the favourite on here bollides. Right , so let's define a bollide...only problem is, you can;t as there is no real overall accepted definition of the word within the scientific community. Nowadays, it usually, though not always, refers to a meteorite that is brighter than the planet Venus, so has an, apparent magnitude, of -5 or greater. However it's a wonderful word for giving the impression that you understand more about astronomy than you might actually do. Simple psychology really, person with no experience beyond the word meteor defers to person who seems to understand technical jargon, irrespective of their ability to actually define the word they casually throw into the mix. in other words, you have every right to reply, so you mean a meteorite, so why don;t you use the term when that's what it actually is?

In fact, due to the encyclopaedia I first came across the word in, I grew up believing a "bollide" specifically referred to a class of meteorite that had a glass like appearance. due to the action on it of the intense heat whilst passing through the Earth's atmosphere on the constituent materials that made one up.

The fact is though, the huge majority of meteorite sightings last only a bare second or so. What's more the huge majority of meteorites are little more than the size of a grain of sand and something as small as a garden pea can, if made of the right stuff, light up, however briefly , the whole sky and thus give the impression of something much larger. Meteorites that last more than a second are relatively rare and meteorites that last anything more than 30 seconds are usually either, not meteors at all, or something man made breaking up in the sky.

If there is no apparent visible tail, it's night time and the light is steady in its' colour for more than 10-15 seconds then, the chances of it being a meteorite are slim to very very small. in fact to suggest it is one, is probably to be caught talking, a load of old bollides

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Have you seen this video? I call it "UFO chase". It seems similar to your first sighting, so perhaps this is going on up there in some frequency! Seems playful though... In this video the two objects never touch so no explosion, but you'll agree it's as if there's a force field preventing that from happening. Includes near 90 degree turns at one point too (2:57), and a sped up version of the "chase" at 4:26:

regards
edit on 6-1-2013 by markymint because: Corrected info

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Cool. I wish I would see one.

Maybe I should start paying more attention to the sky again.

"bolide"

-Alien

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Countless people have made claims of 90 degree turns, but, nobody ever has video of it. Since such movement would probably defy the laws of physics as we know them, it 's more likely to be a misperception than an actual 90 degree movement by an object.

Used to enjoy grabbing a blanket on a warm summer night, laying it on the lawn and watching stars and satellites...Just once, was watching one of these satellites and it made a 90 degree turn without slowing down...Wasn't any misperception...It flat out turned 90 degrees...
Obviously you have never witnessed such an event...Doesn't mean no one else has...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
Thanks for sharing.The bird is fascinating.You may want to google Owls Ufo's,even if the bird you saw wasnt an owl- fascinating stuff.I was outside one night,this was about 1+half years ago,and just enjoying the starry night.I remember it was a cold winter night,round 1am.Anyway i was looking up at the sky almost right above,at an uncomfortable angle for my neck,when i saw 2 bright small starlike objects.They were the color of stars,but more clearly defined,round like dots,not fuzzy like stars.The front one seemed to be Towing the one in back,it was a weird+wonderful thing to see.They were moving at a high speed,and seemed to be moving along a route,i mean with that,they were'nt moving erratically,but not in a straight line either,they would veer a bit this way,travel a bit,then veer a bit that way.Almost like a bus,going along a road that weaves a bit,you know? Suddenly they were'nt there anymore,just faded.I wonder now,was that a chase?

Probably just an airborne wrecker towing a plane...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Lo Smiley,
i have seen one fore sure UFO....i was in Saskatchawan working on a huge cattle feed lot...
Just at dusk is was walking a half mile or so to the office when the stars came out ...looking up at the stars apearing one by one, i saw a single bright one moving against the background of still ones....
Suffice it to say, it was falling to earth in a controlled manor....it got brighter, then as it slowed and hovered briefly it dimmed a bit, but started flying towards me ...getting within a mile mybe less...it suddenly made a 170 degree turn, and dissapeared so fast it apeared like a light bulb going out in a dark room pfsht gone............
I never stopped watching after that......
Thanks for posting pics be damned.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Please note: my use of the term UFO means Unidentified Object, it is not synonymous with alien aircraft.

First experience, circa 1996.

Maybe the experiences should be referred to as "ULS" (unidentified light in the sky) because "flying" and "object" are conjectures that may or may not be applicable.

I believe aliens exist but your experiences (and I had a similar one) are not proof and I find the description distracts from the debate more than it contributes. So I do not share my experience with people other than those who know me personally.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join