It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Two "UFO" Sightings....Would Like Your Thoughts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

So, I'm at work with no kids (teacher workday) and I'm bored out of my mind. Guess that's what happens when you stay after school three extra hours to get this stuff done. Anyway, I started reading some of the UFO threads and decided I needed to share my two "encounters."

Please note: my use of the term UFO means Unidentified Object, it is not synonymous with alien aircraft.

First experience, circa 1996. I'm driving back to my dorm room after watching a midnight movie in Knoxville, TN. College is in Jefferson City, about an hour away, and its around 2:00 am. The sky was clear, the stars gorgeous, and I was the only car on the road. Since I was taking astronomy that semester and was gearing up for a test on identifying certain constellations and other objects, I slowed down to about 20 mph and gazed up at the sky. It really was a breathtaking sight.

Anway, as I was breaking all sorts of safe driving practices, I noticed two objects moving in the sky. My first thought, of course, was airplane...but I kept watching. And what happened next should have made national news...if it were airplanes.

The two lights were extremely bright and extremely fast. Moving far faster than conventional aircraft (that I'm aware of, anyway). Indeed, it almost seemed as if one light was chasing the other.

By this time I was doing a measly 5 mph watching the aerial acrobats in the sky above me. These lights were making 90 degree changes in flight, really just all over the place. Then, and I have no other word to describe this, one light rammed the other. There was a fairly big explosion (not Death Star size, sorry), with one object shooting off in a right angle. The other object kinda skittered around in the sky, then disappeared over the horizon.

The "winner", if I might be so bold, stayed in a constant trajectory for another three or four minutes before also disappearing from the sky.

I have no idea what I saw. At the time, I honestly thought it might have been aircraft collision (but how to explain the incredible maneuvers?) or perhaps two satellites (but again...movement?). Maybe a military something or other?

My second story will follow in the next post, so you don't have to read a huge wall of text.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Pics or it didn't happen!!

Anyways, you probably saw some swamp gas get too close to a chinese lantern and BOOM......Huge explosion!!

Now on a serious note......Sounds like a pretty cool sighting you had there! I wonder what it was?? I saw something similar with 2 bright red lights chasing one another but no crash......
.........Mine was close to Pittsburgh PA, and no they weren't planes! One followed behind fairly far about half an arms length in the sky away, then out of nowhere the one in the back overtook the one in front kinda like they were racing.......

This took place about 90 degrees in distance from where I first started watching in the sky and then both disappeared in a matter of less than 5 minutes.......Nothing on god's green earth can travel that fast and disappear......

Congrats on an awesome sighting!!
edit on 1/2/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Second experience, circa 1999.

At this time I was studying for my master's and living at home with my parents to save money. Since I also worked full time, I scheduled my classes for Tuesday and Thursday and spent all day there, from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. Made for long days, but what the heck. I was young.

Anyway, I was driving home later than usual one Thursday night. My guess is it was about 2:30 am...we'd had a study session that went longer than expected. Once again, I was the lone car on the road. This time, however, I wasn't star gazing. I was singing along to the radio, window down, trying to keep myself awake.

The road I was on can, at best, be described as a two-lane country highway. In other words, it went through the middle of nowhere. There was one day, when driving on the road, I came around a curve and saw the biggest bird I've ever seen in my life in the road, eating roadkill. The bird took off and I swear, its wingspan was greater than the width of my Honda Civic. But that's another story.

So I come to the final intersection, which my road ends at this intersection. I can either turn left or right, but I cannot go straight. Directly ahead is a house, approx. 100 yards from the road. Behind this house is a small mountain (or very large hill).

I stopped at the intersection, look both ways, then happen to glance up. That's when I saw the second UFO.

It was over the mountain, and was HUGE. All I could see was a dark mass, vaguely triangular or wedge shaped. On the left side of the object (my right) were three or four lights. The lights were round and yellowish in color; they did not waiver, blink, or move.

As I sat there, thunderstruck, I noticed the far light fade out, and a new light on the other side fade in. This continued for the next fifteen minutes (I kept watch on the clock). I did not get the sense that the mass was rotating or moving at all, just that the lights were fading out and fading in around the circumference of the thing.

Eventually, I left and went home, as I was very sleepy and mentally bushed. Not once did I feel any fear or threat from the object, even though it was close and definitely strange. I have no idea how long it remained there, hovering over the mountain. However, I have two close friends who both live near that area and both report seeing something very similar (although at different occassions).

So there they are, ATS. My two weird claims to fame.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Showing my age here....cell phones didn't have cameras way back then....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
By this time I was doing a measly 5 mph watching the aerial acrobats in the sky above me. These lights were making 90 degree changes in flight, really just all over the place.
Countless people have made claims of 90 degree turns, but, nobody ever has video of it. Since such movement would probably defy the laws of physics as we know them, it 's more likely to be a misperception than an actual 90 degree movement by an object.

Aside from that 90 degree movement stuff, the story has a lot in common with some bolide sightings. Multiple bolide fragments and explosions are commonplace, and if the fragments are different sizes, it's quite possible for the larger fragment to overtake the smaller fragment due to atmospheric friction having a relatively greater slowing effect on the smaller object.

There is also the story of someone following an object that was weaving back and forth in the sky, so clearly it couldn't have been a planet...except it was venus they saw, and they were driving down a winding road, which made some apparent motion that wasn't real.

Anyway I have no idea if it was some bolide fragments, without seeing some video of the event, but based on your description, that would be my best guess, physically impossible 90 degree turns notwithstanding.

But I can't even guess about the second sighting.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I understand your skeptic side coming out......It is hard to put sightings like this into words! The only way to portray this event is to attempt to draw it out with a picture, by writing it........Since I didn't have my cell phone outside with me, all I could do is watch! You never know how long it will be 10 seconds or 10 minutes, so why waste precious time trying to find something to record it when it is happening right in front of your own eyes??

Nobody can explain the speed without recording it.......If you look up in the sky and turn a full 90 degrees at the distance higher than a normal flight, a very small but bright red light has to be very far away......If you see the speed from one side of the sky to the other in less than 5 minutes, probably more like 2 and a half to 3 minutes, there is nothing that can travel that fast!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

By this time I was doing a measly 5 mph watching the aerial acrobats in the sky above me. These lights were making 90 degree changes in flight, really just all over the place.
Countless people have made claims of 90 degree turns, but, nobody ever has video of it. Since such movement would probably defy the laws of physics as we know them, it 's more likely to be a misperception than an actual 90 degree movement by an object.

Aside from that 90 degree movement stuff, the story has a lot in common with some bolide sightings. Multiple bolide fragments and explosions are commonplace, and if the fragments are different sizes, it's quite possible for the larger fragment to overtake the smaller fragment due to atmospheric friction having a relatively greater slowing effect on the smaller object.

There is also the story of someone following an object that was weaving back and forth in the sky, so clearly it couldn't have been a planet...except it was venus they saw, and they were driving down a winding road, which made some apparent motion that wasn't real.

Anyway I have no idea if it was some bolide fragments, without seeing some video of the event, but based on your description, that would be my best guess, physically impossible 90 degree turns notwithstanding.

But I can't even guess about the second sighting.

Well, I learned something new today. I'd never heard the term bolide before. Thanks for that tidbit.

Maybe it was bolide pieces, but it sure looked like the one was chasing the other. Still, what are the odds you see two bolides collide in a lifetime? Still cool that I saw it!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Showing my age here....cell phones didn't have cameras way back then....

Wow, you had a cellphone in 1966!

Thanks for the stories.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Watchfull because: Smiley java code edit

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
And then he goes back and reads it properly, DOH! 1996

I thought you'd kept it to yourself for a long time, lol

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing.The bird is fascinating.You may want to google Owls Ufo's,even if the bird you saw wasnt an owl- fascinating stuff.I was outside one night,this was about 1+half years ago,and just enjoying the starry night.I remember it was a cold winter night,round 1am.Anyway i was looking up at the sky almost right above,at an uncomfortable angle for my neck,when i saw 2 bright small starlike objects.They were the color of stars,but more clearly defined,round like dots,not fuzzy like stars.The front one seemed to be Towing the one in back,it was a weird+wonderful thing to see.They were moving at a high speed,and seemed to be moving along a route,i mean with that,they were'nt moving erratically,but not in a straight line either,they would veer a bit this way,travel a bit,then veer a bit that way.Almost like a bus,going along a road that weaves a bit,you know? Suddenly they were'nt there anymore,just faded.I wonder now,was that a chase?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

thanks for telling us about your sightings
first one sounds like they had a fight

and your second one must have been amazing
to be able to just sit there and watch to your hearts content

i saw one with my whole family (my 3 kids ,one 123 and twins 9 and the other half)
and that lasted for 35 mins in broad day light

anyway age is just a number

im 42 years young

forgot to add star and flag my friend

edit on 3/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The bird was probably a vulture, known for their huge wing spans. Google vulture and your area.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Hmmm... I think we can definitely rule out extraterrestrial craft for your first sighting - unless their advanced weapons technology hasn't advanced beyond ramming each other.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManInAsia
The bird was probably a vulture, known for their huge wing spans. Google vulture and your area.

When it happened, my friend and I searched online for the bird. This was in East Tennessee, which does have vultures. However, none of the birds that we could find we're that big.

I came around the curve and it was right there. It immediately took flight, but the car was so close that if I had goosed the gas, we would have hit it. It's wingspan literally surpassed the width of my car; it was mostly a brownish/black. It did not have a bald head, although I only saw the head in profile after it had gained height. It did have the characteristic beak of a raptor.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Your sightings sound amazing, I've never seen a large object just hovering as you describe in the 2nd sighting, but I have witnessed something similar to your first (although they did not crash together).

I have a "pet UFO," as I like to refer to it as, that I can go outside my front door almost nightly and view that at first looks like a star, but after watching it closely I started to notice that it was more like 2 stars that merged/separated constantly. The 2 objects never "crash" into each other it's just a constant back and forth between the two becoming one and then separating. Sadly, I'm unable to catch any of that on camera (I have tried, but whenever I try and catch anything in the sky at night, all the camera captures is a dark sky without stars or any kind of significant light source appearing), actually the first time I tried to take a video of it, afterwards the contrast (not sure if that's the correct word tbh) of my phone noticeably changed, the background became much duller and the text on my phone became much bolder/brighter.

I do actually have 2 photos (during daylight) on my phone of a random object in the sky that I'm planning on posting here, but I need to get 20 posts on the site first. -.-

Someone in another thread mentioned this, and I truly believe it as after I noticed my first "pet" I have seen multiple eerie objects in the sky. Continue to look up at the sky randomly as if you have seen an actual UFO once, you're more than likely going to see more, as for some reason they want you to see them.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Greetings, ATS!

So, I'm at work with no kids (teacher workday) and I'm bored out of my mind. Guess that's what happens when you stay after school three extra hours to get this stuff done. Anyway, I started reading some of the UFO threads and decided I needed to share my two "encounters."

@Smyleegrl, greetings from the other side of the globe and thanks for sharing your awesome UFO stories. I certainly have no reasonable explanation for the both cases... should I say the three, incl. the crypto-bird.

But there is something that I find somewhat bothering. I see that you are a quite active member on ATS. The number of your threads and posts, the stars, flags, and applauses you received is impressive. Also, you seem to be a regular reader and poster in a variety of different forums.

However, only years later you decide to read this forum and share your particularly picturesque sightings, such sightings that don't happen every day to people. People get shaken by much less.
In addition, you admit that the reason you decide to share your incredible stories now is because: "I'm bored out of my mind."

Apologies if I'm wrong, but I'm seriously missing the correct emotional undertone in your stories. Indeed, I really could picture you as the iron-skin girl on your avatar.

It would be quite impolite of me to ask you directly are you telling the whole truth. So, let me ask you this - how bored were/are you by your own sightings?

edit on 5-1-2013 by stiver because: word

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stiver

Howdy.

These sightings happened several years ago (I'm getting so old!) and I've told these stories to everyone in my family.

My family, with one exception of an aunt, are about as closed-minded to the idea of the paranormal or unknown as can be. They will humor me when I tell my stories, but they don't believe me. Or they believe I believe, but are mistaken about the identification.

So, I don't tell these two stories anymore. Why bother. It gets tiresome, being unbelieved.

What drew me to ATS was the paranormal forum, not really the alien/UFO forum. But I've read many threads about UFO sightings, and the sometimes vicious responses (esp. with no pics) are a turnoff. I suppose I never shared my experiences in their own thread bc I knew it would simply be my word on it. I have mentioned both stories before in other threads, though.

So why make the thread now? Because I've finally garnered enough of a reputation here that I feel my story will at least be respected, even if viewed skeptically. Which is what's happened; the few posters on this thread have been very pleasant . And let's face it; my story is really only special to me. Compared to the typical ATS UFO thread, it's really quite tame.

So, that's the story of my story. I hope it makes sense, and may I commend you. I've never had some question my sincerity in such a polite manner.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PheonixReborn

Hmmm... I think we can definitely rule out extraterrestrial craft for your first sighting - unless their advanced weapons technology hasn't advanced beyond ramming each other.

LOL....maybe their ion guns malfunctioned and they had to resort to ramming!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by McGooferson

I do continue to sky-gaze....we have a very nice telescope and I'm trying to get my son interested in astronomy. He's six, his interests in space are pretty much limited to Star Wars. I also have the nearby college's astronomy professors meet me and my students one night for an hour of star-gazing with real telescopes. Where I live,we have a working drive-in theatre that closes down during winter. The owner is nice enough to let us use it for our yearly star-gazing night.

I've seen occasional lights and whatnot since then, but nothing so distinguished that it couldn't be a typical aircraft.

Your pet ufos sound incredible. Does anyone else ever see them?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Amazing sightings, Smyleegrl. Thanks for sharing.

I have seen these 90 degree turns by lights in the sky too. I believe your story 100%.

One craft I saw when I was younger, living at home, was very large. As I stared at it there were several little lights that came out of the bottom of the "craft"! I was awestruck!

I've also had one VERY up-close and personal experience: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, I have to go with the first member who posted and say both of our sightings was swamp gas bumping into Chinese Lanterns!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join