It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Citizens: Flee Isfahan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I am Iranian and I have friends in Isfahan.

This is not true.

You better mind your santa and the his presents.

Hey............

Thank you, I hope all are safe and well
God bless !

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Why don't other countries help Iran achieve their nuclear goals so things like this don't happen. Ahh that's right we are hypocrites when it comes to everything in this world. We continue to build bombs capable of destroying everything on earth and then demand others from building something we built 50 years ago.

They do. The Russians GIVE them rods in exchange for the spent rods in return. That way they have all the fuel they need for their domestic electric power plants. But the Iranians insist on doing things (enriching) on their own in secret and not complying SOURCE. They are making it completely obvious that they want and indeed are enriching uranium to the point where it is usable for a weapon.

Oh and it's not about being a hypocrite. You see they signed treaties and agreements with other countries NPT. And they are not complying with the treaties.

The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency IAEA, the last to be issued before the American presidential election, lays out in detail how Iran over the summer has doubled the number of centrifuges installed deep under a mountain near Qum.

Iran has also, the report said, cleansed another site where the agency has said it suspects that the country has conducted explosive experiments that could be relevant to the production of a nuclear weapon. Based on satellite photographs, the agency said the cleanup had been so extensive that it would “significantly hamper” the ability of inspectors to understand what kind of work had taken place there.

The New York Times

If they don't like being sanctioned then they can back out of the NPT (Nuclear Proliferation Treaty).

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

Originally posted by marbles87

Why don't other countries help Iran achieve their nuclear goals so things like this don't happen. Ahh that's right we are hypocrites when it comes to everything in this world. We continue to build bombs capable of destroying everything on earth and then demand others from building something we built 50 years ago.

They do. The Russians GIVE them rods in exchange for the spent rods in return. That way they have all the fuel they need for their domestic electric power plants. But the Iranians insist on doing things (enriching) on their own in secret and not complying SOURCE. They are making it completely obvious that they want and indeed are enriching uranium to the point where it is usable for a weapon.

Oh and it's not about being a hypocrite. You see they signed treaties and agreements with other countries NPT. And they are not complying with the treaties.

The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency IAEA, the last to be issued before the American presidential election, lays out in detail how Iran over the summer has doubled the number of centrifuges installed deep under a mountain near Qum.

Iran has also, the report said, cleansed another site where the agency has said it suspects that the country has conducted explosive experiments that could be relevant to the production of a nuclear weapon. Based on satellite photographs, the agency said the cleanup had been so extensive that it would “significantly hamper” the ability of inspectors to understand what kind of work had taken place there.

The New York Times

If they don't like being sanctioned then they can back out of the NPT (Nuclear Proliferation Treaty).

-Alien

Good points but they are irrelevant as long as Israel has nuclear weapons and the US is picking off one country after another in the Middle East.

I suspect Iran has more than one nuke and would certainly hope that it would use it as an airburst weapon over Israel the moment it is attacked.

The Mutual Assured Destruction policy served the US well so I do not see why it shouldn't work well in fending off the nation wreckers.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This is not true.

Can you refute these sources then?

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Iran has the bombs and warheads, and will have the enriched uranium to be used in them by the end of this month, perhaps sooner. IMO

North Korea, and covert help from Pakistan has made it all possible.

They don't need to test them either, and they will use them to retaliate if attacked. IF ATTACKED!

Syria has the ability to take out some of Israel's missile defenses, and well... No one should want to go there.

In short, they (Iranians) are too far down the road now to stop them without severe potential consequences, only question is, will those consequences be enough to restrain aggression against Iran?

If not, trust me... you don't want to know where this all could go next...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

This is not true.

Can you refute these sources then?

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

-Alien

Citing websites like theiranproject.com and other Israeli based gob#e mills does not make it the truth.

BTW, are you collecting IP addresses by hiding the descriptions of the websites behind "SOURCE".

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sometimes I think about all those investment bonds related to uranium, and how a scare like this influences their value. If they can't do any work in the area because it's contaminated with radioactive substance, does the price go up or down?

All those people having to run. That feels like terrorism. You don't even have to explode a device, just throw it on the ground in front of them, put it in their drinking water. It's invisible too, so you wouldn't know until people started dropping dead.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wulff
Bottom line: Some countries haven't shown the responsibility to wield such a weapon!
You don't help countries run by tyrants and dictators that call on the destruction of their neighbors by providing them with the means!

Oh boy, here we go again with the propaganda..

Are you really that uneducated or do you simply don't understand what 'responsibility' means?

You should educate yourself about what the Iranian president actually said before you go pointing fingers at others.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoorKnobEddie

Good points but they are irrelevant as long as Israel has nuclear weapons and the US is picking off one country after another in the Middle East.

I suspect Iran has more than one nuke and would certainly hope that it would use it as an airburst weapon over Israel the moment it is attacked.

The Mutual Assured Destruction policy served the US well so I do not see why it shouldn't work well in fending off the nation wreckers.

I'm not sure if I get your first sentence but Israel is not a signatory of the NPT .

If Israel has American missile defense systems then it is unlikely that Iran will be able to use a nuclear weapon in that manor and if they want to just get one across the border to use as a sort of dirty bomb then I say good luck getting one past the best intelligence web in the middle east (Israel). That too is very unlikely.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Bottom line: Some countries haven't shown the responsibility to wield such a weapon!
You don't help countries run by tyrants and dictators that call on the destruction of their neighbors by providing them with the means!

Are you really that uneducated or do you simply don't understand what 'responsibility' means?

You should educate yourself about what the Iranian president actually said before you go pointing fingers at others.

What he says and what he does are two totally different things and actions speak MUCH louder than words. So, lets talk about what they are doing and not about the propaganda.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm not sure if I get your first sentence but Israel is not a signatory of the NPT .

If Israel has American missile defense systems then it is unlikely that Iran will be able to use a nuclear weapon in that manor and if they want to just get one across the border to use as a sort of dirty bomb then I say good luck getting one past the best intelligence web in the middle east (Israel). That too is very unlikely.

-Alien

So by your logic a signatory of the NPT, Iran, deserves to be punished even though it allows the IAEA to inspect its facilities. Further still, you imply that because Israel does not submit to the NPT that it is lawful for it to have nuclear weapons. Interesting in that it is hypocritical and illogical.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DoorKnobEddie

In no way have you discredited the sources I have provided. Way to make your argument.

As it stands Iran has ordered the evacuation of Isfahan. There really is no reason why these reporting agencies would make this up. If they wanted to spread some propaganda then I'm sure they could find something better? I mean this is not even a big deal.

One could argue that the global communities neglect of helping Iran with it's nuclear ambitions by way of hindering them with sanctions has caused Iran to use other albeit unsafe means in order to continue it's efforts thereby indirectly causing Iran to mishandle their agenda .....I'm waiting for someone to use this argument

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Your sources, Israeli propaganda sites that deposit malware on visitors.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DoorKnobEddie

To your first sentence: It is a little (not much) more complicated then that and it is off topic so I'm not going to discuss that anymore.

To the second sentence: Yes Israel is a sovereign nation and can make it's own laws and do what it wishes. Iran is also a sovereign nation and can do the same. That being said (as I have pointed out before) Iran has (as a sovereign nation) on it's own free
will signed the NPT.

As such Iran is being held accountable for the responsibilities that come with signing such a treaty.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoorKnobEddie

Your sources, Israeli propaganda sites that deposit malware on visitors.

hahahaha

I read somewhere that BBC reported this too but couldn't find it. Would they be considered a propaganda site too?

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Is this the place? Because their weather seems fine with no air pollution alerts.

www.weather.com...

Here's the latest BBC report in its entirety:

Tehran to close gov't offices, educational centers due to air pollution
English.news.cn 2013-01-04 06:22:12
TEHRAN, Jan. 3 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Air Pollution Committee of Tehran's Governor's Office announced Thursday that educational centers and governmental institutions in the Iranian capital will be closed Saturday due to the alarming high air pollution in the city, the official IRNA news agency reported.

Iranian Vice President Mohammad-Javad Mohammadizadeh told IRNA that the air pollution committee decided to announce the shut-down of educational centers and governmental offices due to alarming air pollution.

During the past days, some measures, including imposing restrictions on the traffic flow in the city, were adopted but the resistance of the pollution led to the decision, Mohammadizadeh was quoted as saying.

He denied the death reports in Tehran because of the air pollution, said the report.

In recent years, Iran's government and parliament have made several efforts to solve air pollution problem in Tehran, including passing laws to urge for safer fuel and to replace old, inefficient cars with new ones.

Also, the Iranian government announced plans of decentralizing policies in the country in a move to slow down the accumulation of people and industries in the capital to a considerable degree. However, the plans were left unimplemented for unannounced reasons.

Editor: Mu Xuequan

edit on 3-1-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
perhaps they decided an uncontrolled reaction was the best way to produce dangerous radioactive material? They just want to bottle it up in dirty bombs, screw nukes.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I'm not clicking ANY blind sources posted that way where the bottom status bar just shows a google URL with gobblygook to hint at where it may lead.

I will say I went into this story rather extensively after Mideast came onto the thread to debunk it because I didn't believe her...given the sources reporting it. Well.... As of the wee hours of this morning, U.S. time, the Webcam showing the Isfahan CityCenter construction project showed them out there constructing whatever it is they are making. A Mall by the look of it. Airport traffic seems normal enough, as I've been checking that as well. Additionally, the airlines based outside Iran that fly in and out weren't indicating anything particularly unusual about Isfahan Airport. It's own site showed no massive events happening for traffic in or out either.

I don't know how, where or who got this story rolling....but wow... This was one for the books in terms of BAD info when one considers some of the places that were reporting it at the start. Drudge Report alone ...isn't something I've felt I needed to double check and back trace just for BASIC factual content of a headline. However, after this one? I'm afraid that's likely changed.

edit on 3-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by wulff

Dude, all the states needed to do was drop an a-bomb beside Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Message received...

You don't know a lot about the country south of your border, eh? They were going to blow up an uninhabited island to show the Japanese what we were capable of but the past history with their fanatical behavior (like suicide planes showed how futile this would be), besides we only had 2 bombs so why waste it uselessly?
The United States warned Japan (who was training their people to fight with pitchforks) that a "new terrible weapon" would be used if they didn't surrender, so they didn't so the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on 6th August, still no word so 3 days later they dropped the one on Nagasaki. They then warned Japan that we would keep dropping them until they surrendered. When they received no word, they went back to conventional bombing. 6 days later Japan surrendered.
I'm guessing you have never served or you would understand military strategy better. You have to be mean as or meaner than your enemy, Strike first and strike hard!
The USA and conservatively figured a million or more American lives would be lost on landing on the mainland and the continuous bombing with conventional bombs were not enough to persuade them. The USAAF even stopped bombing several times to give them a chance to 'think it over' but they preferred to have all their people die rather than surrender!
For several months, the US had dropped more than 63 million leaflets across Japan warning civilians of air raids. The leaflets listed 35 cities targeted for destruction by bombing. These cities suffered terrible damage, some even 97% destruction. In general, the Japanese regarded the leaflet messages as truthful, however, anyone who was caught in possession of a leaflet was arrested by the Japanese government
No, we were totally justified and through this your country has lived peacefully all these years with a Super Power on your border.

edit on 3-1-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Good comeback, I'll sure change the way I think based on you!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join