It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Citizens: Flee Isfahan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Worth mentioning...

Esfahan Nuclear Technology Centre
Updated Jan 13, 2012
Suspected to be the primary location of Iran's nuclear weapons programme, the Nuclear Technology Centre employs thousands of scientists. The facility operates four small reactors, all supplied by China. In addition to the uranium conversion plant, the city is also reportedly the site of Iran's largest missile assembly and production plant, built with North Korean assistance.

Link To Google Map

Scroll over the nuclear icon above Isfahan to read the description.

could be true! could this be an act of sabotage?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by Bone75
Worth mentioning...

Esfahan Nuclear Technology Centre
Updated Jan 13, 2012
Suspected to be the primary location of Iran's nuclear weapons programme, the Nuclear Technology Centre employs thousands of scientists. The facility operates four small reactors, all supplied by China. In addition to the uranium conversion plant, the city is also reportedly the site of Iran's largest missile assembly and production plant, built with North Korean assistance.

Link To Google Map

Scroll over the nuclear icon above Isfahan to read the description.

could be true! could this be an act of sabotage?

Sabotage or not... its reason enough for the IAEA to go in and have a closer look at the facility. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I am Iranian and I have friends in Isfahan.

This is not true.

You better mind your santa and the his presents.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

This is not true.

I have no idea what the weird santa reference is about, but if you are correct.. thats excellent I was waiting to call as its something like 12-1 AM there now I think! Ive seen this story in our mainstream media... so I have no idea how much is true or not. It all comes out in the wash in the end anyway. They arent talknig meltdown, they are speaking of a leak.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This is not true.

So you're telling us that there was no evacuation in Isfahan?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Heyyy.... You may be right on this. I'm calling a possible BIG problem here.

I just spent awhile back tracking links here and there and I find a bunch of things posted today that talk about explosions heard or possible radiation leaks...and they ALL seem to track back to 2011 and 2012 stories in the end. The website for the Isfahan Airport isn't loading for me at all. It just hangs. Anyone else able to load anything that ought to be in or reporting on things around Isfahan in totally UNRELATED ways like the Airport? Those things ought to show all hell breaking loose for chaos ....yet have nothing to do with REPORTING the event. Always a good way to confirm something .....except they aren't loading.

Anyone have something better than Drudge and/or London press? Al Jazeera says nothing on this either, BTW.

I'm feeling a little had ...... I'll be happy if this is all wrong and a big screw up...don't get me wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

FYI

November reports indicated that a radioactive leak might have poisoned several workers at the nuclear plant, which converts highly toxic yellowcake uranium into material that could be used in the core of a nuclear weapon. The head of Iran’s emergency services agency said at the time that residents have no reason to worry about possible contamination resulting from a possible leak. Stories about the potential leak soon disappeared from state-run news websites, Trend reported in late November. Iranian officials denied that a leak has occurred and blamed Western media outlets for creating “tumult” in the region. Wednesday’s evacuation order is now fueling concerns that Iranian officials are trying to hide something, including further fallout from a possible radioactive leak.

freebeacon.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I think he is mocking the Santa Claus tradition in the West. If you think about it, it's bloody weird.

You should understand that us Westerners are a weird lot to the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yeah.... I was just there. Click on "Leave" in the story. It loads to a Tweet alert which dates today. THAT loads to this story.

Official Dismisses Rumors about Radioactive Leakage at Isfahan's UCF Plant

Which dates last year. See what I mean? It LOOKS legit....all over it looks good...until you start backtracking links 2-3 levels. Again.. I could be wrong?

@OP

Please know I'm not attacking your OP... You see my own reactions here..and more elsewhere. I had NO reason to doubt a thing here myself...until Mideast came on. I laughed at her report ....and went digging to prove IT wrong...then came across that. Now? Umm.. I can't prove her wrong. In fact.. I'm proving the other direction here....
edit on 2-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

This is not true.

LoL well thank you for your information........

What is it that you know about all this? I know the BBC reported this, and so did drudge.....

What are you hearing from your end on this?

If this is false it would be very nice to find out what is really going on, because reporting something like this is a travesty if its not true

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by mideast

Heyyy.... You may be right on this. I'm calling a possible BIG problem here.

I just spent awhile back tracking links here and there and I find a bunch of things posted today that talk about explosions heard or possible radiation leaks...and they ALL seem to track back to 2011 and 2012 stories in the end. The website for the Isfahan Airport isn't loading for me at all. It just hangs. Anyone else able to load anything that ought to be in or reporting on things around Isfahan in totally UNRELATED ways like the Airport? Those things ought to show all hell breaking loose for chaos ....yet have nothing to do with REPORTING the event. Always a good way to confirm something .....except they aren't loading.

Anyone have something better than Drudge and/or London press? Al Jazeera says nothing on this either, BTW.

I'm feeling a little had ...... I'll be happy if this is all wrong and a big screw up...don't get me wrong.

Feeling a bit had here as well.........I just did the same thign you did and im starting to give this whole thing a queer eye, cause im not sure exactly where all this is headed

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Yeah.... I was just there. Click on "Leave" in the story. It loads to a Tweet alert which dates today. THAT loads to this story.

Official Dismisses Rumors about Radioactive Leakage at Isfahan's UCF Plant

Which dates last year. See what I mean? It LOOKS legit....all over it looks good...until you start backtracking links 2-3 levels. Again.. I could be wrong?

edit on 2-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Yep and who the heck knows if youre wrong or not! LOL! Plus, their media lies through their teeth as much as ours does. Only way we will ever know for sure is if someone we actually know reports the truth of an evac.. or it gets out of hand so much that they cant cover it up.
We have leaks in the US.. it gets taken care of. Our media actually COULD be blowing it out of proportion and reporting the story full of lies to provoke a reaction or out of incompetence... hell, they do it to us even with domestic events ( as seen recently). Meh.. wait and see.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Feeling a bit had here as well.........I just did the same thign you did and im starting to give this whole thing a queer eye, cause im not sure exactly where all this is headed

LOL! Well, thats why we put things like this here. To dig and discuss.
Its a good thread either way. All I have to say is... at least it wasnt tracked back to Sorcha.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

LOL! Well, thats why we put things like this here. To dig and discuss.
Its a good thread either way. All I have to say is... at least it wasnt tracked back to Sorcha.

absolutely i look forward to hearing about your call and finding out first hand from people on the ground whats going on

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i guess im one of the few that actually read the OP link

as the article points out... the evacuation order may be because of a radioactive leak at a 'Yellowcake uranium' processing plant

or the serious evacuation may be because of an actual horrendous pollution problem, maybe something like the city water plants completely out of drinkable water or water pure enough to be treated,
that seems about the only way a need for a mass evacuation may exist... we can probably say that the living-dead zombies attacking is not the reason for the evac. command

what about another reason ?

i noted at the bottom of the OP article, it says

The nuclear plant also sits on an active fault line.

The city of Isfahan has been destroyed at least six times from past earthquakes, a point of concern among regional experts.

“Given that Iran is on an earthquake zone and has lost tens of thousands of people with regularity suggests that a devastating nuclear accident is only a matter of time,” said Rubin.

if Iran had an inkling that an EQ was soon to hit the city, it would takes steps to evacuate the city voluntarily

or else, if Iran authorities knew that the city nuclear processing plant was soon to be bombed, would that info be passed on to the masses?

i really would like to think that a big EQ is expected & that is the real reason for depopulating the metropolitan area... there have been numberous big EQs that crumble the stacked stone houses & bury people alive

see: :en.wikipedia.org...

when/where was the EQ at Qom...Qum??

edit on 2-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Your points are interesting....but both main ones have holes. How woould Iran be predicting Earthquakes with any more accuracy than anyone else in the world? If they can, then heck....they'd be world wide heros to share that true breakthrough in technology. In fairness, Iran IS a hotspot for quake activity and always has been, so it wouldn't shock me if the research was going on..but this is one heck of a number to have stories about evacuating on that?

On the second one... I don't see Iran evacuating if they knew an attack was coming. It wouldn't be the end of the war, it would only be the start of it and I have one name to consider in that. It's cold. It's brutal and it's horrible in the real world .... but in the long run, it saved lives. Conventry, England. I'd imagine that doesn't require much explanation for most. (staying tuned and searching for more info)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

This is not true.

I have no idea what the weird santa reference is about, but if you are correct.. thats excellent I was waiting to call as its something like 12-1 AM there now I think! Ive seen this story in our mainstream media... so I have no idea how much is true or not. It all comes out in the wash in the end anyway. They arent talknig meltdown, they are speaking of a leak.

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Recently, I have seen many false news from BBC. I don't know why they are doing this , but it will discredit them more.

False news about major cities of Iran is something that is getting more frequent.

Maybe they want to affect next Iranian presidential election.

Bringing fear to Iranian people who listen to BBC.

IMO , they are just losing audience.

My sources knew nothing about leaking and explosion. They didn't even hear anything.

My advice is that you better wait and see what will leak in the media.

It is not first time.
edit on 2-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

This is not true.

You don't mind if I quote you on that?
Hopefully it's just a scare nothing more.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

No I have never had any reason to think Obama is either, but lots of news broadcasts have come to that conclusion by him prefering to always help Muslim radicals who want change of leadership, but not once stepping into any area that protects Christian people in his years of office so far, so I am sure he is on side of them myself.
By the way I have no reason to think that there is any radiation problem in any way in Iran.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
isreal is innocent! yay!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join