It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Got 154-Page 'Fiscal Cliff' Bill 3 Minutes Before Voting on It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Senators Got 154-Page 'Fiscal Cliff' Bill 3 Minutes Before Voting on It

cnsnews.com

(CNSNews.com) – The U.S. Senate voted 89-8 to approve legislation to avoid the fiscal cliff despite having only 3 minutes to read the 154-page bill and budget score.

Multiple Senate sources have confirmed to CNSNews.com that senators received the bill at approximately 1:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2013 – a mere three minutes before they voted to approve it at 1:39 AM.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+37 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I sure as hell can't read 154 pages in 3 minutes. How about you? How are these people "representing" the United States citizens when they're not even reading the bills they pass?

At best, these people knew the gist of what was being passed, and took a vote. At worst, they just pass what they're told to. Either way, the entire process has become a joke. These people aren't here to represent us! They're there to be corrupt scum out to get what they can for themselves.

This is sickening. READ THE DAMN BILL! Is that really so much to ask?! READ WHAT YOU VOTE ON! This country has turned into such a joke.

cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
because america is a business not a government.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I guess that was the game here then... Run the clock out, push to the last minute possible ...and for lack of any alternative? Whatever is handed to them pretty much has to run. That's quite a way to run a Government. It's a way to crash one, to be real.

Well, 4 more years of hope and change,.....or is that hope FOR change? We'll see in a few months how we're all feeling I'd imagine.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
you know what i would do if i were given a bill to read 3 min before i was suppose to vote on it and i actually cared to do my job properly? I would vote no on it for lack of being able to read it... that fact alone shows that the government is full of crap and have their own agenda any person who isn't an idiot should see this and understand that you are a sheep and the government is the wolf that tends you.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would like to know who did NOT vote for it and why. They might be the only eight worth re-electing!
Damn this pisses me off. Our Government needs to go.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

yeah, it was their obligation not to sign it. How are they representing us if they dont know what they are doing.

They literally didnt know what they agreed to on our behalf. No pun. They did not know what they were doing. Literally.

They should be fired. Bad employees make for a failed business.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So the question is,what is in the bill.One needs to realize it doesn't have to relate to economic's at all.So What was just passed into law?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This isn't anything new, they do it all the time. Even threaten our officials sometimes to vote certain ways. I mean the people in Government who want to make change are between a rock and a hard place and don't know what to do. They should be voting no on something they get 3 minutes before voting, it's complete bull#. The people in Government for the people need to start speaking up.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
will Obama read it before he signs it?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

That vidoe would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that its so true and sad

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

Naw....

They don't need to read the bill. They know exactly whats in the bill. Nothing that's really going to help this Country. This game is getting old.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

Why am I not surprised?
After all, isnt that how they passed obamacare??....who had time to read over 2,000+ pages before passing that?
So now that we know obamas mo.....why dont the republicans use it against him????

link   
I am just wondering...if many of the Senators (if not all) knew about what was in those 154 pages before they voted; I think they did. (my opinion); before those 154 pages were drafted; (again) I am saying...they already knew what was in them.

link   
Sadly, it will take me days to dissect this.... but I will.

It will be long, boring, and likely require tremendous patience to read.... (like this one that went nowhere: The 2011 Bipartisan "Build Act" - Hint: It's not really about "Infrastructure"

But it has to be done... especially to get a real idea of "how" this was passed within minutes of it's distribution.

I suspect that people just wanted to go home.... sort of how we ended up saddled with the Fed in 1913 (discounting the fraud and treason aspects of it)

edit on 2-1-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I'm anxious to see what you come up with and thank you for being the one to volunteer for the grunt work for the rest of us this time.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I can honestly say that I already dislike this bill intensely.

It reeks of everything that's wrong with the political duopoly... It is supremely amusing how the media feebly attempted to portray this as "Hooray! They finally worked together!"

Presumably overseas they are touting this as a "political" success.

Realistically, it represents the depth of their inability to openly acknowledge anything beyond their own circle's well-being; ... well that, and the shadow puppetry of political theater.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I am just wondering...if many of the Senators (if not all) knew about what was in those 154 pages before they voted; I think they did. (my opinion); before those 154 pages were drafted; (again) I am saying...they already knew what was in them.

That's why I said they probably had the gist of what was in them, but the point is, someone really needs to hold their feet to the fire and force them to read things before they vote on it. It should be required by law that you must read what you vote on. This is NOT representing the American people. This FEELS like passing whatever they're told to so they can go home.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

This sounds like the patriot act. No time to read it. No legislator could possible have known what was just past into law. I sure as hell didn't vote for that kind of incompetence. It is past time for revolution. All jobless people of good conscience it is time to march on DC en masse, take a train, pool our resources. This country has ZERO chance of staying together as long a criminal syndicate/cartel controls it. The only acceptable compromise is a complete removal of all elected and appointed officials. This government fears only 1 thing, a break in it's continuity, that is what we must give them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join