It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pending Gun Legislation in New York....get ready!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

As for NY - I have no idea why anyone would suffer to live there. High taxes, higher crime, restrictive laws and an invasive and over reaching State government. Move to greener pastures - it will starve the beast, without your money they will not be able to enact crap like this.

You couldn't be more correct. I was born and raised in New York; moved when I enlisted in the U.S. Navy, but came home afterwards. Fortunately, I live in Upstate NY, a completely different situation than the City, however, it's NYC that's killing the rest of the state. NYC is a cancer to the whole state. The City should become it's own district, like D.C., or something similar to that.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

So Joe Gunshop Guy thinks I may be purchasing a shotgun for someone else....then what? Does he sell it to me or does he call LE ?

So what about gifts? A guy can't buy another man a gun without raising a few eyebrows?

But really, is a gun shop owner going to call LE for a father buying his son his first .22?
edit on 2-1-2013 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If this passes, then soon other states will follow. "If New York can do it, why don't we?" - Anti-Second Amendment States. Then all the pieces of the puzzle will have landed for our lovely future as a free liberty filled society (Sarcasm).

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

dude baby, you don't know too much stuffs

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911Fortunately, I live in Upstate NY, a completely different situation than the City, however, it's NYC that's killing the rest of the state. NYC is a cancer to the whole state.

That is the way it is for most blue States actually, if one looks at the election results county by county the overwhelming majority of the area in the US is vividly and clearly red. However, a few counties stacked from floor to ceiling with entitlement seeking, fear driven liberal Nanny State fans can and does dominate the State. Harry Reid won only one county in Nevada - the one that matters... The rest of these people are basically disenfranchised IMO.

Same happens with NYC in your case. Missouri (my State) is more evenly disbursed. We do have two urban centers that vote consistently liberal - St. Louis and KC. However, there are enough population elsewhere who espouse more conservative views that the State is not dominated totally and forced to live under progressivism.

Missouri is a State of vast contrasts in its gun laws as where I live I can open or concealed carry without a sideways glance. However, in KC and St. Louis they have city laws that are pretty restrictive.

Originally posted by Cosmic911
The City should become its own district, like D.C., or something similar to that.

I agree - these urban cesspools should be City-States in their own right so that the rest of the State's population are not forced to live under their urban Nanny State Utopian nightmare.

I am saddened for you in your situation - stuck with the choice to either live and work within the system dominated by liberal idiots in NYC in the place you grew up or move to a new State with more freedom and better laws losing friends and family in exchange. Tough call.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join