It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hailing from Idaho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It is always pleasant to find another site centered around reasonable information and discussion.

My main focus at this point is to share about me and us a bit. Years ago we started out creating a place to join with other solid preppers to weather most any disaster. We do not focus on a specific disaster, rather any disaster.

Our goals and conditions to work side by side and face to face with others are simple. We here all agree in safety in numbers. Then we agree that all those numbers must be of like mind and accomplishments in the realm of getting prepped out. Needless to say finding truly well prepared folks in any region is a tough nut to crack.

We are not judgmental towards others. Some have done way more than us and most will never come close. However we are all concerned and doing what we can afford to do, I hope.

I do not wish to say much more about us here in Idaho other than if you are in the region and are interested in joining a group, not creating one, then feel free to contact us. Being new to this site I am not sure yet if there is a means to private message here or not. I will try to keep an eye on this introduction as well for any responses. Also if this site has a more appropriate place to continue this general line of thought I sure would appreciate information on that.

Thanks and I hope this introduction about me/us here was helpful.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Idhaoguy

welcome!!! we're glad to have you here, I'm sure you'll have some handy tips for everyone in the survival forum I look forward to seeing what you have to teach us!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I am with you my fellow Idahoan, I live here in the TV and would like to know more about your group!! Oh, and welcome to ATS!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Looking forward to hearing more about your group in Idaho!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. In my sig (bottom of this post) is a link to the ATS Survival Forum. You may find your topic well received there.

Des

edit on 2-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Welcome! One quick question about Idaho ... is the Californication as bad as I hear?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Greetings Idhaoguy!

I have a group of kinfolk in your neck of the woods. They love it up there! Every time one of the family goes up for a visit it's hard for them to leave- they just don't want to come back!

Welcome to the forums! You will find many like-minded people in the Survival Forum. You won't be able to send or receive private messages from anyone but the staff until you've reached a certain number of posts, but it won't take you long to get there. Have fun!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just adding my welcome from another (North) Idahoan, I look forward to what you have to add to ATS.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you for the information. i will avail myself as I can.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Hard to say as I seldom leave the spread here and go into town...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idhaoguy
It is always pleasant to find another site centered around reasonable information and discussion.

My main focus at this point is to share about me and us a bit. Years ago we started out creating a place to join with other solid preppers to weather most any disaster. We do not focus on a specific disaster, rather any disaster.

Our goals and conditions to work side by side and face to face with others are simple. We here all agree in safety in numbers. Then we agree that all those numbers must be of like mind and accomplishments in the realm of getting prepped out. Needless to say finding truly well prepared folks in any region is a tough nut to crack.

We are not judgmental towards others. Some have done way more than us and most will never come close. However we are all concerned and doing what we can afford to do, I hope.

I do not wish to say much more about us here in Idaho other than if you are in the region and are interested in joining a group, not creating one, then feel free to contact us. Being new to this site I am not sure yet if there is a means to private message here or not. I will try to keep an eye on this introduction as well for any responses. Also if this site has a more appropriate place to continue this general line of thought I sure would appreciate information on that.

Thanks and I hope this introduction about me/us here was helpful.

Maybe it is a sign? This morning I had a breakdown and said enough. I begged my husband to please sell our house and move either to Idaho or East Oregon, even Montana. I have had my fill of teacher dictating what snacks my children can eat, my children being exposed to constant materialism and vulgar individuals. I am sick of living in CO only because I have a job and we are buying a house we don't even like. I want to have a garden w/o my neighbors telling me their opinion, I want to live where when the chip are down you can count on your neighbor. I want a simple quiet life where values, moral and faith are strong. My goal is to live where I can care for and protect my children, where we work together as a family to meet our needs.

You make Idaho seem more attractive. Not the part about preppers but it you make it sound like good people who have their priorities straight.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
AuntB,

I am aware of others wishing to flee where they live and move this way. I hope you succeed in your hearts desire.

As per prepping, water is life and no water is death. E. Oregon is not all so wet as southern Idaho is not all so wet. Water wars are alive and well in those regions.

North Idaho has abundant water, many lakes and rivers. For example our location has two deep water systems and one spring.. We also have ponds. Our belief is location is number one. Without a good location surviving both daily and in a crash event you will not do all so well. Our group has said location....

All we are trying to do and hopefully without offending others is this... Offer a safer place, turn key ready to go for preppers and only sold out preppers.Your share is to provide all your daily needs in supplies. We all have ours. In return you get water, a bedroom, a shower, cooking facilities, heat, fellowship, security and a much better chance to survive in a crisis event. We need you and you need us. That is the bottom line truth around here. This is a team effort and this team is done, turn key and ready to go.

Of course folks like you are to far away. We require one to be living within a couple hours of the location. Just common sense there. If anyone is in the Idaho region and feels they can meet the groups expectations we are happy to visit about it. We limit our discussions on this subject on the internet and blog sites. No offense meant and non taken on prepping and preppers goals. To each their own and best of luck on yours.

reply to post by AuntB

new topics

top topics

join