It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Kansas Orders Sperm Donor To Pay Child Support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What can I say that the headline doesn't bring to mind? I know if I was a donor, I would be feeling a lot of anxiety right now. How long before all the states do it? Mass raids on sperm banks across the country. 20 years ago, not in my wildest dreams. Today? Oh yeah! The corrupt ones are always looking to milk every last nickle we have out of us.
FOX News
edit on 2-1-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Blame the lawyers.

Sperm donation should be anonymous.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I always wondered when a case like this would rear it's head, this would probably turn quite a few people away from doing it. At least the people who asked for the sperm seem like nice people

“This was a wonderful opportunity with a guy with an admirable, giving character who wanted nothing more than to help us have a child,” Bauer said. “I feel like the state of Kansas has made a mess out of the situation.

I feel sad that such a thing had to come from the state on something like this.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Wonder how the Mother would feel if the sperm donor now sued for custody of his child. The state of Kansas has opened a can or worms.

Des

edit on 2-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'd love to see that happen. The donor had no say in who used the sperm. How is he liable? This case is going to get shut down by SCOTUS. At least I hope so.

link   
This is ridiculous, and "the state" should be ashamed of themselves.

It's my understanding that when a single mother goes for state assistance, it's the state's protocol to go after the father for support. However, in this case, there technically is no "father" in a typically parental, moral, or obligatory sense. The very definition of a "sperm donor" is one who donates sperm, and it is typically done with the understanding that they will have no future responsibility toward that child.

I'd venture to say something like 99.99999% of sperm donors would never donate if they imagined there was even a chance they would face something like this.

So what is this? The state trying to punish and therefore discourage sperm donors? Punish single lesbian mothers? A little of both?

I wonder where Kansas falls on that list of federal taxes paid versus federal money received.

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Wonder how the Mother would feel if the sperm donor now sued for custody of his child. The state of Kansas has opened a can or worms.

Des

edit on 2-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

If I was forced to pay child support as a sperm donor, I would want at least to have visitation.....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The problem here is that the couple didn't use a legit sperm bank, but placed an ad on Craigslist. The Good Samaritan, here, should've gotten a lawyer to draw up a contract for his own protection, before agreeing to donate sperm.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So how are the sperm banks supposed to get donors once this case goes viral? It is stupid in it's entirety and a waste of time and money for SCOTUS to even consider the legality of it. It reminds me of a case 10 years ago or so where a man went to the police with a video of children being sexually abused by a friend of his. The man did the right thing and turned his friend in. What did he get for doing the right thing? He got arrested and accused of being a part of it simply because he possessed the tape. My immediate reaction was to wonder how many child victims will now have no hope of being rescued due to the fact that if you turn the perp in you will likely be charged as well. Is there no common sense anymore? Where did it go? How did society lose it?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It wasnt a sperm bank it was fricken craigs list!!!!!!!!!

Who goes on Craigs list asking for sperm? but even worse who sees an add for sperm on Craigs list and thinks "that sounds like a good idea"?

8 children, why the hell did they want more if they werent financially stable?

The whole thing is just sickening

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Who goes on Craigs list asking for sperm? but even worse who sees an add for sperm on Craigs list and thinks "that sounds like a good idea"?

NO KIDDING!

There was a similar case, of a man giving away sperm, in San Francisco. I don't think he was hit up for child support, but the feds wanted him to stop "manufacturing sperm!" LOL!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join