It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Consciousness Project Results, August 1998 to December 2012! "Highly Significant"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I completely understand your criticism, however I don't know if there would ever be a predictive value in this research. There might be someday, but they certainly aren't at that point yet. For upcoming "planned" events, I bet they predict/expect some sort of anomaly - but I don't think they are predict the magnitude. I personally don't see this as a shortcoming in the research, it's just where it is at right now.

But I think you've put your finger on a bigger problem and one of the reasons that parapsychology has a hard time going mainstream. We are so entrenched in the scientific method that studying something that cannot quite be measured in a straight-forward manner and then turned into a predictable model is automatically tossed out by many of us.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

When human consciousness becomes coherent and synchronized, the behavior of random systems may change.

Do we live in Random systems?

I am pretty sure millions and millions of people have a coherent and synchronized conscious thought. One of, "geez I am really, really hungry".
Hasn't had any effect on any system really has it? And thats everyday, not at just one significant event or time!

In the Asian, African and Latin American countries, well over 500 million people are living in what the World Bank has called "absolute poverty"

Every year 15 million children die of hunger
library.thinkquest.org...

How is that for coherent and synchronized!
Just some food for conscious thinking.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead

Excellent video! I haven't got to the part of the video yet where it would address my statistics questions, but I'm going to have to watch it in bits as time permits. So far I've really enjoyed his talk on this history of the program and what all led up to the GCP.

I'm also looking forward to exploring the entire Rhine website.

Thank you again for posting this and bringing this fascinating study to everyone's attention. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it before. To say the implications are exciting and amazing is an understatement.
if you do find the answers to your questions, please post the links. So far I have been unable find answers to basic questions

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

You bring up really good points!

I think the response to your concern would be that hunger and poverty are not events... they are constants. So they are already accounted for in baseline readings. (I am definitely not using the terminology right specific to this project, but I hope it still makes sense.)

I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the videos. I'll definitely let you guys know if I find answers to my statistical questions/concerns.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

They are constant states of synchronized consciousness that should create or manifest an event.

That is my point.

I am guessing that is the point of the global consciousness movement. That a collective consciousness will effect a system.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here is a little something about 9/11

9/11 Foreknowledge Caught on Computers that Measure Global Mind

[...]

"My own ‘model’ is that consciousness or mind is the source or seat of a nonlocal, active information field (this is not a standard, well defined physical construct). Such fields interact, usually with random phase relationship and no detectable product. When some or many consciousness (information) fields are driven in common, or for whatever reason become coherent and resonant, they interact in phase, and create a new, highly structured information field… that becomes the source of the effects we measure."

[...]

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Who forted?

We May All Be Psychic: Data From 14 Year Global Consciousness Study Released

The original title of this post was going to “Highly Significant Data of 14 Year Global Consciousness Study Shows Evidence of Synchronicity”, but that was kind of a mouthful. Besides, I actually wanted people to read this, because the results of this study can’t really be understated: there is “highly significant” evidence that we may all be psychically linked.

Researchers for the Global Consciousness Study just released their data collected from August 1998 to this, the first month of 2013, and their findings, while nowhere near complete, show hugely significant evidence that we all may be far more connected than we think. The data (which can be read here), might be a little intimidating to make sense of at first, but here’s the basic gist of how it all works and what it all means:

Source: whofortedblog.com...

edit on 7-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by VegHead

This excellent vid will do your questions justice. I watched it earlier today. Very informative.

www.rhine.org...

edit on 5-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

OK, I'm only about halfway through the video. It's hard to find the time to watch the whole thing, but I'll keep working on it as it is really interesting. I wanted to share some of what I heard here, so others can make skip to the sections of the video that I found were close in answering some of my questions.

At about 28 or 29 minutes in he talks about how the statistics come about. As you all probably have pieced together already - they are plotting cumulative deviations from random number generators ("eggs") all around the world - plotting trends with it. So when they average them, sometimes they look random, sometimes there is a clear trend deviating from the expected pattern and showing they are not random. During an event (a "deeply engaging event" he says) the data will not be random but will show a trend.

One interesting example was comparing the data from 9/11/01 to 9/11/02. The anniversary of events are , apparently, never as "engaging" as the actual event. The trend on 9/11/01 was marked, the one year anniversary trend was not as strong. Even more strange/surprising is that the trend on 9/11 started just before the first plan hit - which he explains as a sort of premonition. (See around 41 minutes into the video for this discussion.)

They have more than 400 events that they consider to be "global events" that they think should bring (theoretically) about evidence of global consciousness. Most "events" they measure are about six hours long, so they take six hours of data to analyze. So here is how they get their data: they identify a global event, they pick a six hour long window, make a hypothesize about what the data in that six hour event will show and then analyze the data. (This answers part of one of my questions - he discusses this at about 37 minutes into the video. ) He says "we win some, we lose some", meaning that their predictions are not always right. But, 70% of the time their predictions are correct. 20% are significant at a level of 5% (meaning only a 5 % chance of random). To be honest, this last bit I found a bit underwhelming. But he insists and believes that the data will only get better as the data pool becomes larger - the results will be more robust and therefore more significant and meaningful.

I like that he said the question they were aiming to answer with this project is "Can we catch a glimmering of Global Consciousness?" I think that puts this in perspective. It's just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. It's just a hint at something that is potentially massive. Afterall, how can we really directly measure something like this?

I wonder what sort of data they got around the Sandy Hook tragedy.

I'll post again when (and if) I get a chance to finish the video - it's an hour and forty minutes long, and like I said it's hard to get that big of a block of time to myself.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
While intriguing, I think I will have to look deeper into the methods used for this experimental study, because I have many questions. For instance, what determines a global event? And how were these events matched to the random number generator data. Did they go from the data to find an event, or did they find an event and then check the data?

Also, I do not believe any number generator can be truly random. It may meet our expectations of randomness only in that the pattern is not consciously discernible by us, but that does not mean there is not a pattern. It seems to me that with a study of this many years, whether or not there were patterns in the random number generators is going to have some affect on the outcome of the experiment, whether large or small. So while these types of generators may meet our mathematical and statistical definition of "random," I still think they are not truly random, as they are computer-generated.

Anything mechanical is not truly random either. I remember the guy who made the computer to cheat at roulette. It had many different inputs based on the observation of the person dropping the ball and the wheel itself, but once those numbers could be represented mathematically, the pattern emerges. Actually, that really is not the same thing, lol, but anyway... It is the same with computational systems like computers. Given that they are programmed with a definite code, there are rules that must be used when generating random numbers. Of course this will not be easy to discern, but there "has" to be some type of extremely complex pattern. But like I said, I do not know what real affect this would have on the results of the experiment.
edit on 1/18/13 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

reply to post by VegHead

I like that he said the question they were aiming to answer with this project is "Can we catch a glimmering of Global Consciousness?" I think that puts this in perspective. It's just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. It's just a hint at something that is potentially massive. Afterall, how can we really directly measure something like this?

Yes, it is "a hint at something that is potentially massive", but not how it's sold.

1. The occult believe in a "god of forces"....an impersonal and unknowable force driving the universe. A "force" which pervades everything 

"It is abundantly evident that when all the people and governments start to think and commit themselves to the above-mentioned principles..."
"By raising collective awareness, the seeking of a joint global management becomes more vivid with the chances of its implementation increased."
"Participation in global management is the basis of lasting peace"
"...for everybody to contribute to the global decision-making processes...."
".....the process of universal participation in global management...."
"....the spirit of collective global cooperation...."
"The issue of UN re-structuring is very vital.....I would like to urge the honorable members of the United Nations....to place this issue high on their agenda and devise an appropriate mechanism to make it happen."
"By using the inherent potential of all the worthy men and women of all nations and I repeat, the inherent potential of “all the worthy men and women of all nations” he will lead humanity into achieving its glorious and eternal ideals."
"He (the Islamic Imam Mahdi) will establish a world brimful of prudence and he will prepare the ground for the collective, active and constructive participation of all in the global management."
"He will come so that hands will be joined, hearts will be filled with love and thoughts will be purified to be at service of security, welfare and happiness for all."
"The arrival of the Ultimate Savior, Jesus Christ and the Righteous will bring about an eternally bright future for mankind, not by force or waging wars but through thought awakening and developing kindness in everyone"
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Can we catch a glimpse of "global consciousness"? Sure if you believe what the occult gives you as evidence and if you conclude that that evidence supports the 'truth' of something called global consciousness, which they themselves promote as truth. A lie can be believed as a truth if seeming "proof" is taken in through our senses. These graphs are taken in by your senses. Those whose desires have been raised to want something like global consciousness to be true will perceive this information to support the validity and truth of such a concept. But look at the leader of Iran's recent statements. He's already laid out the occult's plan.....it is all about global management by a united mankind whose thoughts "will be purified" and through "thought awakening".

But what if you knew that it was Our Creators wrath being poured out? What if you knew it was the lie that scriptures state will consume the wicked? Would you still view these graphs as 'evidence' of global consciousness or as 'evidence' of wrath? Can you still view these graphs as evidence of a truth if the Islamic Shi'ite President of Iran tells the world the same thing but in different words, as he stands there flashing his occult handsigns? The entire idea of global consciousness is sold by the occult because it mirrors their beliefs of a "god of forces" that pervades all....that are all part of their unknowable divine force....and to this end you are welcome along for the ride if you refuse the Truth.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Just because it's sold as evidence of "global consciousness" does not mean that "global consciousness" is true or that global consciousness is what they say it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm sorry I haven't read all the posts yet (mostly page 2) but statistics is a thing of mine, I can't help loving them, it's weird. I'm having trouble removing paperwork from ten years ago, so....ppffttt!

You lot are not thinking big enough, but that's okay let's go gently just in case.

It is essentially saying that our physical/emotional/spiritual bodies are interacting with technology on a level most people are completely unaware of.
It is the first evidence, real evidence of communication linked, emotional communication.
They are legends

This is brilliant sexy science in progress, we may even ALL learn something from this.
------------------------
OP since it's your link to noosphere princeton, are you very farmiliar with the site? Is there some 2d wave formation from a point (graph picture), like those that would have been at ground zero for instance, did that radiate out in a 2d map-able wave?
That fellow in your vid made mention of the time it takes to radiate out so i assume there is something like that.
Was there other anomolies pointing to a spot where there seemed to be nothing going on?
Do you know what I'm asking?
Do I even know what I'm asking? a very good question...

I will do some further research on the site myself, but wondered how familiar you are with it, for quick reference, and I'm lazy-ish.

You may be a mule but you are no asss
I like your thread very much

rapha, there is no date....sorry there just isn't. Do you reckon you can move past that, tptb are not ready to stand and admit they have no idea either just yet (they're still looking for their next leg up to be ahead of everyone else, silly duffas! (pronounced, duff- u)), but they will have to eventually because it's the honest thing to do. Be patient.
Think fantasy and myth made real, but in a nice way, re-orient yourself.

Piece of useless information for you all, I didn't even know what the twin towers were until the morning they fell,
never heard of 'em.
and it was truly truly terrible, heart breaking, because I have a very vivd imagination.
That morning it would have been a gift to not have one.
anyway...

Now if all those 'other' occult/freaky/energy working types made friends with these scientists, we could be on to something really bloody amazing.

Incidentally when you're thinking about the humans being connected (as per one of your links op[now I've got tonnes more reading to do, thanks]) as a bilogical entity within a biological entity ie earth, and linked by their brains don't forget they have bodies within which, blood flows (if you're healthy), if it doesn't flow, there will be a clot/blockage, (=unhealthy) get it?
We really should be making friends with the people who are yet to be our friends.

sorry got sidetracked.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead
reply to post by Rapha

But I think you've put your finger on a bigger problem and one of the reasons that parapsychology has a hard time going mainstream. We are so entrenched in the scientific method that studying something that cannot quite be measured in a straight-forward manner and then turned into a predictable model is automatically tossed out by many of us.

A not so 'veg head' response
and *

Forget trying to plot the future, forget trying to divine what's going to happen, move past that need, people shackle themselves to that need, and mostly it never turnes out the way they predicted at all, they look back and go "Crap I forgot to live.....!".
Why worry about it?
It's not worth my brain time.

"But he insists and believes that the data will only get better as the data pool becomes larger"

this is true
edit on 18-1-2013 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

When human consciousness becomes coherent and synchronized, the behavior of random systems may change.

Do we live in Random systems?

I am pretty sure millions and millions of people have a coherent and synchronized conscious thought. One of, "geez I am really, really hungry".
Hasn't had any effect on any system really has it? And thats everyday, not at just one significant event or time!

In the Asian, African and Latin American countries, well over 500 million people are living in what the World Bank has called "absolute poverty"

Every year 15 million children die of hunger
library.thinkquest.org...

How is that for coherent and synchronized!
Just some food for conscious thinking.

=clot/blockage=not acceptable=not in this day and age

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

OP since it's your link to noosphere princeton, are you very farmiliar with the site? Is there some 2d wave formation from a point (graph picture), like those that would have been at ground zero for instance, did that radiate out in a 2d map-able wave?
That fellow in your vid made mention of the time it takes to radiate out so i assume there is something like that.
Was there other anomolies pointing to a spot where there seemed to be nothing going on?
Do you know what I'm asking?
Do I even know what I'm asking? a very good question...

Great question! I wish I knew the answer but I'm not familiar enough with the site.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Something funky came through on that link...mouse curser is all screwy now....
perhaps it was because I had a dozen pages open at the same time....eh! Oh well...

Right then, I will find out myself, ta. will post what I find if I remember.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

and the day you become like an inquisitive child who knows nothing will be the day you learn something,
there is no such fear, with which to hold you back, personal caution is something else entirely and you don't need scripture or faith for that either.

X sweeeaaat

links to this middle eastern fellows comments would be helpful if it pleases you.
The brothers aren't what you think they are, and every race on this planet had a job to do, and they did it/do it, move past it, respect it, but move past it.

They could NEVER force me to wear a sheet..........just sayin'

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join