It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by unityemissions
Pathetic excuse for a human being.
Originally posted by beezzer
No-one has yet to answer my question as to WHY they should care.
Why should they care about the 95%?
Why all the concern on the 5%?
Why can't people keep what they earn?
Originally posted by Indigo5
The USA is 25th in Math and Science...how many of the 24 nations ahead of us pay to put thier citizens through college? ALL...why do you think Korea, China et al are at the top of the Math and Science rankings? And no, they aren't smarter than US Kids...they just tap all thier talent and we just tap a fraction of it. Let kids eat, go to college and have thier healthcare taken care of...every kid...and the USA will hands down dominate the world.
Free stuff?....Lord that argument is as tired as the current GOP's idealogy of BS and tantrums. Who cares anymore about thier nonsense? Time for America to shine again IMHO. I am of the 5%...and it's time we stepped on the gas and find out what this country can do if EVERYBODY is given a chance..a CHANCE...an OPPORTUNITY...that is not crushed by hunger, ignorance and sickness....all throughout history symptoms of greedy tyranical rulers. We are a plutocracey, but change is comming.
Originally posted by Tardacus
...it`s only a matter of time until the poor fill congress with representatives who will tax the rich right out of the country.
reply to post by jimmyx
Every legislature in the federal goverment that can actually vote on laws affecting the 95%, are in, or of, the top 5%. usgovinfo.about.com... Every mainstream media person with any type of broad audience are in the top 5%. And, they discuss what is to happen to the other 95% with various people that are also in that top 5%.
Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by kingking
I normally don't call out people when they "hit and run" in threads with quips and platitudes of useless "wisdom" but in this instance I will. Back on page 4 you suggested that it was a revenue problem and that we have "decreased" it. I gave you the last 20 years of receipts and outlays that clearly show an overall trend of increased "revenue" that the Government gets to play with.
I also provided the outlays (not a put down, but just in case, outlays is spending) and it shows a dramatic increase over the past 10 years. Clearly outpacing our deficit spending each year as we march on.
So now I ask you, do you still think "this problem was created by increasing spending and decreasing revenue?" It is clear that while there was a small decrease in revenue a couple of years, we have boosted our tax-receipts tremendously only to skyrocket the spending.
*Please note I am using the names below to reference periods; the spending is coming from Congress and approved by the President. No one person is to blame for this.
Clinton era we had an average tax-receipt of $1.4 trillion and outlays of $1.5 trillion. Relatively small deficit of approximately $80 billion over an 8 year period.
Respectively, Bush era we saw $2.06 trillion and $2.39; deficit of $300 billion and Obama era $2.25 trillion and $3.58; deficit of $1.3 trillion.
Average 20 year period of tax-revenue: $1.9 trillion. Spending: $2.3 trillion.
Our tax-revenue has nearly doubled while our outlays (spending) has outpaced immensely. It is a damn spending issue and it is unsustainable.
Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by TXRabbit
So, why are you here? To say that you won the game? I know a lot of people who have "won the game" that didn't have to do ANYTHING. How easy is life when daddy has hundreds of connections?
I went to school, pursued my interests, and wracked up thousands in debt. How lucky am I if I don't win the game? Losers get DEBTedit on 3-1-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by kingking
It is a simple concept as far as I am concerned. This model started primarily in the 80's
which coincides with a fairly drastic decrease of taxation and an expansion of agency and
I agree the spending is unsustainable, but I also believe the tax rate should be raised
to stem the bleeding, in leu of cutting unemployment and expenditures which have helped sustain
people during these hard times.