It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect in N. Phoenix

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

read closer it says he got a baseball bat but did not confront the guy because he sounded crazy.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

ZERO evidence that he was going for anybody's daughter. This is just a myth that's been invented in this thread to justify an action that's hard to justify. Pretend robbers, crackheads and mentally ill people are all running around raping people, so we fell less bad when we shoot them dead in cold blood

The shooting victim has not yet been identified by police. Holmes said the occupant told police he felt threatened because he thought the intruder would get into his daughter's bedroom.

From the article.
You are wrong again.
It was not created in this thread, the homeowner expressed it to the LEO and is justified in the shooting.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
how many of you are just waiting to kill some intruder you deem a "bad guy" in your never ending war of good vs evil?

with all the time you gun nuts spend at the shooting range you think you could hit a kneecap or hip or something, oh wait then the "state" would have to pay for it..

my bad i forgot.
edit on 3-1-2013 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
As I said in my other post, if you come into my house without entry being granted to you, you will die. I will end the life of any one entering my home without my consent. I will end their life because I will feel they are threatening to harm my wife, son or even myself.

If you wish to stay alive do not enter my home without me letting you in. I do not care what you intentions are. If you enter my home without consent you will die. I will shoot first then figure out why you are in my home and if you are armed or not.

Raist

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

..... It tells that I, a good kind hearted person (aside from being a stubborn and argumentative bastard), might have been shot dead too if I was an American

I realize Britian has a different culture than America and you all have essentially been disarmed for quite some time and have harsh penalties for using your hunting weapons even in self defense, but would you honestly as a teen have still gone out and done whatever crime(s) you were doing if you had known you could be shot and killed?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
So, the victim of say rape should show empathy towards the raper as the crime is happening??
You are basically a criminal still at heart.

A good hearted person would not be committing crimes.
A good hearted person would not be robbing people
Just as a drunk is always a drunk, you are still a criminal.
And the person breaking into homes is vermin.
You established that you preyed on others so that you can live your life without hard work or anything but criminal activity.
Now who is the lowly person, hmmm???

I'm not committing crimes, I committed a crime at 15, [snip] I'm not robbing people, I robbed someone once at 15, [snip] That's 8-9 years ago. Past tense.

The whole criminal thing is just cheap. Who hasn't broken a crime at one stage in their life, admittedly some more serious than others?

And rape and robbery are two entirely different things. There is no justification for rape, whatsoever. Only evil people rape. You don't have to be evil to rob a house or a person, just in poor economic circumstances, or mentally ill as this person was
edit on 4/1/13 by JAK because: Personal attack removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 16) Behavior and remember to go after the ball, not the player.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaithandArms

..... It tells that I, a good kind hearted person (aside from being a stubborn and argumentative bastard), might have been shot dead too if I was an American

I realize Britian has a different culture than America and you all have essentially been disarmed for quite some time and have harsh penalties for using your hunting weapons even in self defense, but would you honestly as a teen have still gone out and done whatever crime(s) you were doing if you had known you could be shot and killed?

No, but I can't speak for other people.

But assuming guns are a deterrent for house robberies(and I'm not sure they are, would need to see statistics) that fact doesn't mean it should be the first choice action to take when confronting robbers, or that when you do kill a person robbing your house you should dance around in the streets celebrating the death of, what is, still, a human being.

It is, at the very best, a necessary evil. but it seems that most Americans have forgotten the "evil" bit and actually think that killing people is a fun, entertaining experience.

It's really hard not to hate and despise America on every level when reading threads like this one. No value for life, no reason.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Not to be off topic,,, But Arizona, You have to Love Our State and it's willingness to allow it's Citizens to protect themselves and others.
THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN AT A WAL-MART SUPERCENTER IN ARIZONA.
Finally, a truly well-dressed Wal-Mart shopper.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading." --Thomas Jefferson

Montana is the same way, it is not uncommon to be walking in
a store and see someone wearing a gun.
Years ago i worked at the China-Mart (walmart) and about every
other night (overnights) and about every other night i would see someone
come in packing.
Some there were a bit hesitant, i was glad to see people like that in
there. I personally have gone into stores before, back when i had my
.357 and had it on me and forgot, just got use to the weight, no one ever
said anything.
Montana is a open carry state, and i am glad to see when others do.

Shoot, i use to have my pistol's on the dash of the car when i was going
places, had many cops look at them, but not one even bothered to stop
and ask or question me about them. They were all legal and in plain sight,
as the law requires for carrying in a car without a CWP.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I'm not committing crimes, I committed a crime at 15, [snip] I'm not robbing people, I robbed someone once at 15, [snip] That's 8-9 years ago. Past tense.

Still a criminal.

The whole criminal thing is just cheap. Who hasn't broken a crime at one stage in their life, admittedly some more serious than others?

We are not talking about others, you offered up to being a criminal. That was YOUR choice.

And rape and robbery are two entirely different things.

In the end it is stealing. Rape steals innocence and persons security. Robbery steals property and security as well.

There is no justification for rape, whatsoever. Only evil people rape. You don't have to be evil to rob a house or a person, just in poor economic circumstances, or mentally ill as this person was..........

Vomit called and wanted you to know that poop smells.
You have got to be kidding, right? Robbery is not evil??
You have twisted your criminal past, so you can sleep well at night. You admitted to robbing someone. That is evil, yet you think that because you have personally redefined what is evil and what is not.
Crime is evil, regardless. There may be different levels of evil, but it is still evil.
This whole Liberal bleeding heart BS of theft is just due to social standards is the biggest line of crap I have heard yet.

You have conditioned yourself into thinking that your criminal actions aren't that bad, which is funny, as ROBBERY is extremely evil.

Once a Criminal, always a criminal.

edit on 4-1-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join