I Am Growing Concerned Over Threatening Anti-Establishment Posts On ATS! Am I Alone?

page: 2
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel
...If you're a woman, then it's slightly understandable, but don't worry, you will be fine. If you're a man then grow a pair!


Fear and concern knows no single gender...nor does bravery.


Re: the topic

As others have said, ultimately its likely a reflection of what people are feeling.
Many people are angry, many people are disenchanted, disillusioned and outright disgusted with those whom are supposedly meant to be working for us and in our best interests.

Kinda normal to want to do something about it, which in turn leads to lots of discussion around what if anything can be done.

A few things though:
IMO - most people vent their anger with angry words...but behind it all have very little substance or committed intention to carry out the actions they talk about. So, for the most part, all you get is *talk* and really at the end of the day little to in any way get overly concerned with.

Sorry, thats just been my own experience within various active protest movements in younger years.
Everyone claims to be all hard and ready to make their stand, everyone is all gung-ho and amped up...and likely everyone honestly at the heart of them is confident they would stand firm so its not with any deception they say so...yet when you're linking arms on the front row and the 'Man' is steaming towards you intending to indulge in a bit of batton practice with your skull, well, the greater majority will turn and run...and I don't blame them one little bit...it's a frightening thing facing getting your blood and teeth spilt.


We, as ATS Members, also need to be mindful of the agreement we made on joining, and continue to agree to whenever we post upon here: ATS Terms and Conditions

...from the T&Cs:


12e) Compliance With Laws: You agree to comply in all material respects with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with your activities under the Terms and Conditions of Use (and for members, the Additional Terms and Conditions of Membership).


...another potential section of the T&Cs would be 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation.


Essentially...if what you're discussing or intending is deemed 'illegal', then its unwelcome here.
Make of that or think of that as you will...but thats the current line in the sand that has been drawn here.
By all means carry on with whatever you wish to do...somewhere else...but on ATS our expectations are we stick to those agreements.


If you do have any concerns or queries about anything that is posted on ATS, please as always feel free to contact any one of the Staff directly (you can click on any of our names listed on the lefthand side of the main-page...or by sending through an Alert for all staff to review.



Cheers.




posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think it's a great step forward if people actually want to discuss ACTION. This entire board is irrelevant if the only thing people want to do is talk, and not act.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala
 


Go away, agent provocateur. That's terrible advice. If there is to be a resistance, it ought to be kept up in single cell formations so none can inform on the others. But this is all hypothetical, mind you.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
OP, I dropped out of the thread because it was stupid, but the last I saw was the guy said that he wished the Oathkeepers would get up and do something and stop talking about it. If this is the post you are referring to since you mentioned oathkeepers.. thats not any sort of threat. Oathkeepers have been clear.. and some who pretend to be oathkeepers on here and elsewhere talk a bunch of nonsense. Many folks have the wrong impression and have run with it... and thats what makes others assume they will lead the battle in some fantastic armed coup on the whitehouse lawn. You do realize that there are unarmed coups, right? It is ALWAYS preferable to change from the inside than with unnecessary force if at all possible. Refusing to follow an unlawful order is not just a suggestion. It is a requirement. Some interpret this in interesting ways, but the fact is that many unlawful and unconstitutional things have come across lately.

I also find it really odd how some praised the mil coup in Egypt.. but if you even speak of it here hypothetically its all button pushing reports and calling it inciting violence.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Might I provide a perspective for those wishing to entice violence:

Do you really want to put an end to a violent regime with violence? Would that not be the same concept as fighting fire with fire?

Think for a moment, if you will. You are using the same tactic that brought these negative powers into existence in the first place. A "Coup," as you call it, is a solution, TEMPORARILY. It would only be a matter of time before the same negative powers took control once more.

So, how do you put out the fire? You use water of course. How do you destroy evil? You destroy it with good, of course. Stop fighting amongst each other, stop bullying, stop rejecting, stop dividing yourselves through difference of perspective and let go, love each other, embrace each other, stop allowing the influence of that which causes you suffering, fore that is the influence of that which you do not desire.

In other words, stop going along with the system in place. You may wonder how that is possible since there is a controlling power and that is because you alone cannot accomplish this, it is a collective decision. When the collective human makes this decision only then will it be possible to truly "destroy" the current system. You may think that this will never happen, but it is already happening if you are aware and begin to observe and this process will accelerate as it nears this change that many of you wish to happen.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Im not concerned, i think there should be more. The establishment is, well, you already know where im going with this.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm mostly curious as of late, when BBQ turned into a discussion forum all its own.

I don't honestly see board business OR a question in the OP. I see a scared (what seems to me more an attempt to illicit attention to themselves) poster, and a statement....to stop the insanity.

If a situation arises where all the precious people you're trying to save from the evil thralls of the internet posters on ATS, I assure you the cops will subpoena the owners of ATS; the owners of ATS will be forced to relinquish their data regarding party / parties involved; there will be an arraignment, a court date and a finding. With that in mind, whats the concern? I think you should leave the police work of the world to the cops and those who know what the real threats are.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecludedGamer
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


MONEY'S NO OBJECT: Obama heads back to Hawaii -- at taxpayer cost of $7 million...
www.whitehousedossier.com...

Air Force One is known to cost about $180,000 an hour to fly. Based on an estimated 18 hours roundtrip flying time for the jet between Washington and Honolulu, the travel cost alone of Obama’s decision to return to Hawaii amounts to around $3.24 million. And that doesn’t include the price tag for the massive security operation required to move the president or the cost of the cargo plane that follows Air Force One around.

they are supposed to be working for the peoples interests not for theirs. something has to change if they dont.
edit on 2-1-2013 by SecludedGamer because: (no reason given)

The so-called public servants get million dollar vacations that you pay for. It's past time to figure out who the real servants are. Hint: it's those who bear the status of US citizen/person. And that status is voluntary.

The way the system is set up, they aren't there to represent your interests. United States is not a country, it's a corporation. A foreign-owned, bankrupt corporation. They don't care about the people. Except for the money you keep on supporting them with. VOLUNTARILY.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I think it's a great step forward if people actually want to discuss ACTION. This entire board is irrelevant if the only thing people want to do is talk, and not act.

Action is great. If any public official in "the establishment" tramples on your rights, then smack them with, at a minimum, Title 42 action. They broke their oath of office, they injured you, and should now pay you damages.
The "talking" is great as long as it leads to gaining more knowledge so a remedy can be found.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 
It was before my time, but I can imagine the same threads when Bush was president and the wars in Irag and Afghanistan were new.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfinitePerspective
Might I provide a perspective for those wishing to entice violence:

Do you really want to put an end to a violent regime with violence? Would that not be the same concept as fighting fire with fire?

Think for a moment, if you will. You are using the same tactic that brought these negative powers into existence in the first place. A "Coup," as you call it, is a solution, TEMPORARILY. It would only be a matter of time before the same negative powers took control once more.

So, how do you put out the fire? You use water of course. How do you destroy evil? You destroy it with good, of course. Stop fighting amongst each other, stop bullying, stop rejecting, stop dividing yourselves through difference of perspective and let go, love each other, embrace each other, stop allowing the influence of that which causes you suffering, fore that is the influence of that which you do not desire.

In other words, stop going along with the system in place. You may wonder how that is possible since there is a controlling power and that is because you alone cannot accomplish this, it is a collective decision. When the collective human makes this decision only then will it be possible to truly "destroy" the current system. You may think that this will never happen, but it is already happening if you are aware and begin to observe and this process will accelerate as it nears this change that many of you wish to happen.




Everyone of us, as individuals, can remove ourselves from the foreign jurisdiction of the corporation known as United States. Once that is achieved there will be a large collective that is no longer throwing money at this defacto "government". I did my part. I'm removed. I pay no income tax. My employer backed that up by telling me I am not liable for income tax. I am a non-resident alien to D.C., non-taxpayer, non-person, non-US citizen, etc...
I do not reside in a federal zone denoted by a zip code and 2-letter state abbreviation. Learn who you are and who you are not. Then the current system will collapse on it's own.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
I'm mostly curious as of late, when BBQ turned into a discussion forum all its own.

I don't honestly see board business OR a question in the OP. I see a scared (what seems to me more an attempt to illicit attention to themselves) poster, and a statement....to stop the insanity.

If a situation arises where all the precious people you're trying to save from the evil thralls of the internet posters on ATS, I assure you the cops will subpoena the owners of ATS; the owners of ATS will be forced to relinquish their data regarding party / parties involved; there will be an arraignment, a court date and a finding. With that in mind, whats the concern? I think you should leave the police work of the world to the cops and those who know what the real threats are.

Sorry, the cops have no clue who the real threats are. Every cop, every day, breaks their oath at least once. Most break their oath many times a day. They are part of the problem.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bildo
"I'm removed. I pay no income tax. My employer backed that up by telling me I am not liable for income tax. I am a non-resident alien to D.C., non-taxpayer, non-person, non-US citizen, etc...
I do not reside in a federal zone denoted by a zip code and 2-letter state abbreviation."

I congratulate you on your ability to remove yourself from that which you do not prefer.

Might I inquire you to elaborate on how you achieved this?
edit on 4-1-2013 by InfinitePerspective because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfinitePerspective
Do you really want to put an end to a violent regime with violence? Would that not be the same concept as fighting fire with fire?

Think for a moment, if you will. You are using the same tactic that brought these negative powers into existence in the first place. A "Coup," as you call it, is a solution, TEMPORARILY. It would only be a matter of time before the same negative powers took control once more.


Read much history? All states are organized violence, for one state to be replaced by another at all times in history there has been some violence inbetween....that's not me saying that's a good or bad thing, it's just a it is how it is thing.

If someone speaks of violence hypothetically as in People will or should rise up if this sort of oppression takes place...that is not inciting violence to me, it is discussing an issue, and often very much justified. But who decides what is justified or not?

If someone says this person needs to die or something of that nature...then yes that is a very specific threat and should be considered inciting violence.

However if we're going to remove anything that has a threat of violence to it, we'll have to stop quoting most historical figures, or discuss much history either.....I would rather us have freedom of speech and allow people their voice to dissent personally....and the mods by all means need to edit what they must to maintain their legal obligations..and personal threats or illegal posts....but it seems to me this could be used as an excuse to attack dissent or justified concerns as well....let's tread softly, and learn that being offended is not life or health threatening....If someone is beligerant I kind of would like to know it so I can make a better estimation of them....if they offend me so be it, I'll know better who I am talking to. As long is there's nothing personal directed i have zero problem with someone voicing their opinion that some action should be opposed violently....I may disagree with them....but as long as they do not make a specific threat against someone it's all hyopthetical.
edit on 11/1/2013 by ForkandSpoon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


Any truly intelligent person can see that our current set of behaviors is threatening the long-term survival of our species. Obviously our corrupt government is part of the problem, not the solution. We wish to see before our deaths a world where making war is not an acceptable money-making venture.





new topics
top topics
 
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join