It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8ft tall praying mantis alien declared REAL by Experts!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Dropping? Ufology is a joke. And its not even a funny one. its a percentage of our population that are clinically retarded.
the rest of us are just hoping that since they are looking maybe they might find something worth its salt some day.

yet to happen but fingers crossed.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aarcadius
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Dropping? Ufology is a joke. And its not even a funny one. its a percentage of our population that are clinically retarded.
the rest of us are just hoping that since they are looking maybe they might find something worth its salt some day.

yet to happen but fingers crossed.

Well, its not that I don't agree with you but, I felt like being nice today ;-) I find myself shaking my head and taking face to palm after reading posts here...more often than not. ;-)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Well, I cannot say any pic or video testimony is real or not BUT, I did have a dream of sorts of a mantis-type male and I believe it was given to me for me to authenticate future sights of said species. (I knowwww...*groaaaan* a nutbar with a vision).

In this dream/trance/vision (unsure which) this creature was behind a corner chair in my livingroom (at first I thought it was a man, but only for a short time). I stood across, stunned, more stunned and paralized than afraid. It proceeded to notify me (ok ok, yes, telepathic) of certain things. As it came out from behind YES it had legs that reverted backwards at the knee. I wasn't so much afraid because 'it' made it clear he was not going to hurt me but to put on a show..so to speak.

A female (yes, human) appeared, a mate? a gf? or some kind of masochist crazy chick but she knew and was truly into him and knew what he wanted. They went into the kitchen and somehow I had followed. I don't know but she layed on the floor and he slashed her legs (legs for the most part), he grinned. It wasn't enough to kill or rip enough skin to gash an artery, it was a controlled 'slashing'. AT first I thought she was a victim, but soon was realizing she wasn't. They left together, both fairly happy and him grinning. I will never forget it, and all I thought afterwards was that he was telling me that is how they mate/sexual norm. I was always under the impression that the female mantis was in charge (of the insect species, that is). As they left I worried that 'what if the mate was unwilling??' and it more or less replied 'too bad'.

Sorry for my ramble, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this 'slashing' ritual (in the actual species or of alien rumour) I have described??

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Watch the video from 1:07 to 1:10 and you can see what they are doing to get the thing to look like a body.

It starts out looking like this...

Then they do something with the zoom that offsets the image to make it look like this...

You can see the double horizon in the second image, and it looks like they added a head with a hat for good measure.

In the un-doctored pic, it looks like it could be dark smoke.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That's one strange looking picture. I can't say I have ever seen anything like it. I hope never to see another like it either.
Aliens aren't that ugly, they are kinda cute.

Looks like a jogger with white socks carrying something. Sure has a small head.

edit on 2-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
In this case i think

Ex: has been
Spurt: drip under pressure

Two little girls in England fooled the world with paper cut outs of fairies at the bottom of the garden, at least they could draw

edit on 2-1-2013 by cody599 because: crap typing as usual

Has nobody noticed the shadow on the backdrop in the original blowup ?
edit on 2-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.
There is no debate to be had here. That thing obviously isn't real. It would be nice to get the dig on this news outfit that is pushing this. They seem totally inept.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A thread already exists in the cryptozoology section.

Thanks to user "diqiushiwojia", it appears to be a hoax made with an iPhone app which took advantage of the 21/12/2012 doomsday prediction.

Original source in Chinese

Roughly translated from Chinese:

Scared! Aliens visit Tainan and Jiaming Lake? The truth is ...

The ETTV Reporter Chen Ning, Zhang Junzhong / roundup Tainan City, a young woman in Christmas beats to the small aliens visit home door so the family terrified. Aliens photos hanging in a tree, but later found after verification, simply synthetic!

In fact, as long as holding a smartphone to download the APP software, can shoot aliens visiting supernatural photos. Christmas Eve day, Tainan City, a woman photographed aliens according to her family tree stood, her terrified.

In fact, do not worry, this is not an alien invasion, just phone APP effects you! The network crazy pass pictured with aliens, you want to come to a? In fact, as long as the camera software download, anyone beat the "alien". Smartphone APP software, launched a series of APP flitting from Ghost Month, Every 1221 "end of the world", and the introduction of new 2012 special effects, aliens, lightning, simply select the special effects, not only alien, ghost you can also pull out.

The photographic phone software innovation, aliens not only according to intimidate Taiwanese, mainland China Chongqing people previously also almost alien scary, in fact, are phone APP out of the ghost. Not only that, after experts before crazy mass Jiaming Lake costume ghost shine, in fact, also the the phone APP special effects, not supernatural, these photographic software pure entertainment, we still do not own scare yourself it! . Phone APP retouching software manufacturing supernatural photo: "camera360", "Cursed Camera", "Ghost Cam", "Ghost Capture", etc..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Two little girls in England fooled the world with paper cut outs of fairies at the bottom of the garden, at least they could draw

Oh yeah... I remember reading About that in a library book I rented as a kid. That picture was an obvious fake to me and I was maybe 7 when I saw the picture...

It has always amazed me how anyone could buy into obvious fakes. But it seems people do all the time. Is the picture provided in the op fake? Probably.... I need far more evidence than a single crummy photo and the word of some unknown "experts".

One thing I have learner in life is never to take some ones word for it.... No matter how much you trust them. Do your own research and investigating and discover the answers tor yourself.

Again... I really doubt the picture is legit... but the only way we can ever know for sure is if we get out there, ask questions and examine all possibilities.

But at the same time, one should keep logic and common sense in mind when investigating such things... otherwise, you end up with a bunch of people being tricked by a couple kids with a few paper cutouts and a camera...

Peace and love

edit on 2-1-2013 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
reminds me of this...

Hahahahaha, I always loved that episode!

As for the image, I'm literally going to have to assume its fake until I see a video. Images are just way too esy to manipulate with even an average knowledge of any photo edit software. Plus it's bloody transparent and looks funny too. I wouldn't argue against it based on the question 'Why is it there?' like others in the thread however, it is quite a silly question considering it's a hypothetical one that assumes an INTER-DIMENSIONAL ALIEN RACE. Are you expecting a human answer such as it's going to the supermarket?!

The funny thing is, my friend has taken a certain substance a few times (one similar to the states of Deep MediTation ;]) and he always comes across these praying mantis type entities, which completely blew his mind considering it's not exactly an archetypal creature easy to explain via subconscious psychology. He says they show him weird technology and seem to chill in an extremely complex yet opaque cube in this 'hyperspace' so to say. Strange stuff, also considering that alot of people on/in this certain substance/state also encounter the same types of mantis beings.

There is something to it all though, whether it's psychological, gallactical or inter-dimensional, these mantis' are damn right up to something lol.

edit on 2-1-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by DazDaKing because: Typos Galore lol

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

I honestly like that picture... it seems like the guy is saying "WHY WAS I SENT HERE? THE NEW GUY WAS SENT TO SATURN... ITS ALWAYS ME WHO GETS THE CRAPPY MISSIONS"

Poor little fella...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
reminds me of this...

Alien: I bring you love.
Lenny: It's bringing love, don't let it get away!
Carl: Break its legs.
Willy: Argh. It's a monster. Kill it, kill it!
Smithers: It's not a monster, it's Mr. Burns!
Willy: Aww, it's Mr. Burns! KILL IT! KILL IT!

*Breaks into song*

"...Good morning starshine....The earth says hellooooo...."
"You twinkle above us...We twinkle belowwwww"

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks to user "diqiushiwojia", it appears to be a hoax made with an iPhone app which took advantage of the 21/12/2012 doomsday prediction.

I"m not sure I follow...

Some girl sent a picture from a phone app to a new station who brought in and expert for analysis?

That doesn't explain why the picture looks like smoke and then transforms into the ghosty alien image while the expert is looking at it.

Not my native language though, so it's hard to tell what's going on in that video.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Basically it's fake and everyone should move on and not worry about anything that came after the creation of the picture using the app.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
But it just looks so...drawn. It just doesn't look like it's part of the original picture at all and to me it literally looks like it's penciled in.

Agreed! Wtf? I'm not even against the idea of Aliens/UFO's but that just looks seriously unreal. Totally bizarre. The shadow in the thing seems like it's been added in a few mins. Kind of funny if real, but if it is I never expected anything real to look like that!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by shivaX

That looks like a grey.

Very very convincing.

Really? And what exactly would a grey be doing out there? Is he lost? Is he hunting for rabbits? Is he just out for a stroll in the country? If he's looking for people to probe then I think his GPS may have failed him.

Why does the question always have to be......What is it doing there?

For an alien presence, what is the difference of the "greys" motive? GPS failed him??

He was trying to get back to his home world, but was using Apple Maps...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

In that case, you should ignore the claim about it being created by a phone app. It doesn't really make sense.

I think its a fake, but I'd like to understand how it was faked and by whom.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Looks totally hideous to me if im honest. Woulden't say this is real. But then again i don't know what real looks like.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Watch the video from 1:07 to 1:10 and you can see what they are doing to get the thing to look like a body.

It starts out looking like this...

Then they do something with the zoom that offsets the image to make it look like this...

You can see the double horizon in the second image, and it looks like they added a head with a hat for good measure.

In the un-doctored pic, it looks like it could be dark smoke.

It's not just the horizon that's doubled, it's the whole image, hence the HI-FI headphone look!
I'm not even sure how they came up with the 8ft estimate, unless it is based on the track width, about the only thing you could gauge in estimate, but even that is no good unless you know how far away the stick man is, if indeed that is a real image of a person in that picture.
It all looks a bit dodgy, not one a dedicated ufologist would drool over I would think.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX

A few more picture would have been even better.But anyways it looks real.

edit on 2-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

The guy was sight seeing, and took this one photo of an area, and had no idea this thing was in there until he reviewed his pics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join