It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Using democratic methods to undermine democracy? So whic middle eastern country griped with protests in 2012 was democratic?

Granted there were plenty of protests in the west also, Occupy, France, Greece, etc. and they werent trying to undermine democracy they were fighting against austerity imposed on the by corrupt democracies and bankers.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Shootings, bombings, disease, inflation, war, famine, police brutality, constitutional corruption, spiritual corrosion, the list goes on and on.

Ask yourself my friend, was 2012 the only year when shootings, bombings, disease, inflation, war, famine, police brutality, constitutional corruption, spiritual corrosion have occurred? Of course not. These issues have been happening for a long time, they are nothing new. That's not to say you are wrong in your statement, I understand your intention.

Understand, humanity is still in it's infancy. Humans are still learning to support the weight of their own heads so to speak. Would you blame an infant for wrongdoing? Of course not, because you know they are still learning. Do not worry about the difference that you wish to see happen, as to worry is to fear and you so desire to live in a world without fear do you not? Let go of that which bothers you. Why would a human being do horrible things? It could be said that something was bothering them.

If you don't understand that, then maybe we should be shooting you into space instead of those monkeys. We sure don't need you here.

Of course we need seen2much here, why else would he be here? We need you here as well. Look at this thread that is being contributed. It is all of these beautiful shades of grey, all of these different perspectives. You may view what I am saying differently than what my own perspective is trying to convey. I am okay with that, as therein lies the beauty.

I could choose to be offended by many posts here and yet I opt not to be as that is not what I desire. You appear to take offense to seen2much saying he is here to boost his own ego. Recognize that is okay, as if that is what he feels he needs then allow him to fulfill that need. From the perspective of seen2much he is only here to ask a valid question, though the intent may be different, perhaps he is instigating, however what good does it do to dwell on this possibility if he asserts differently?
edit on 7-1-2013 by InfinitePerspective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfinitePerspective
reply to post by john_bmth

Thank you, my friend, for insight into something I was not previously aware of.

To verify my understanding, you are saying that nothing did indeed happen because a happening could be said to be a psychological illusion due to lack of physical evidence?

Well, I was gonna suggest that aliens swapped our sun with an imposter when our backs were turned but I guess we could roll with that one.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Where is the 2012 connection?

So far people have simply distanced themselves from 2012 and are discussing issues that occurred in 2012 that are unrelated to any of the nonsense claims made about 2012.

That clearly suggests to me that the 2012 believers know that they were wrong - they just can't admit it.

The title of the thread asks, "Will You Admit You Were Wrong?"

The clear answer is no.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Forget 2012. Forget the Mayans. Forget the end of the world. None of that has any meaning here. You think nothing happened over the course of 2012? Have you been on some other planet? Shootings, bombings, disease, inflation, war, famine, police brutality, constitutional corruption, spiritual corrosion, the list goes on and on.

Yet another straw man argument of no importance to the discussions of 2012.

I'm placing the blame on all of humanity because we are the ones making a difference for this stupid rock floating in space. It's up to us to decide what kind of difference we make. If you don't understand that, then maybe we should be shooting you into space instead of those monkeys. We sure don't need you here.

And what did you do in 2012 to make the world a better place? What did you do for your community?

Ejecting people from the planet sounds like another anger issue. Seeing a clear pattern here.

I agree Stereo, many of them have serious anger issues. I find many of these 2012ers very much, in essence, resemble religious zealots. Shoot me into space? lol Some Mozart would do you good, so much for lightworking. Look at it this way, blind faith is a strong vibration, but not a positive one.

Do not try fusing a desire to change the world with being a 2012er, they are not synonymous by any stretch.

The picture was of Islamists demanding change. If you know anything about Wahhabis, Salafis, and Islamists in general you would know they want to use democratic methods to undermine democracy. One good example is Morsi's changing of the constitution of Egypt. They use western methods and technology to send their nations back to the early Iron Age at worst or the early 8th century ace at best. They too believe in a vision for humanity, prophecy, and ancient wisdom. They also believe they are right and that any attempt at discussion with them is drowned by angry shouts of purported Islamaphobia.

Socrates would have had a field day with 2012ers. It would have created two dialogues.

edit on 7-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Where is the 2012 connection?

I have already said that 2012 is just a number on the calendar. My point was to clarify the perspective of change. We could all have taken the initiative, marked that day on our calendars, and suddenly a thousand people are going out of their way to demonstrate carring and compassion for the community. A domino effect starts, who knows what we could accomplish by, maybe, 2015? Sure, the world didn't end, but maybe the era could have. My point here is to say that nothing happened because you didn't make it happen.

Why didn't 2012 happen? Why did it have to be 2012? Why not 2010, 2009, 2000? Don't put so much importance on the year, because it ISN'T the year. It's YOU. Every day the world is the same, is a day that YOU didn't do something. Now, I wouldn't be getting so personal with it, except it's YOU who is laughing at those who had dared to hope for something different, when it's YOU failed to make that happen.

"Haha! I didn't do the dishes! Guess you have to use dirty plates!"

If that's your life philosophy, then maybe you were part of the change we were desperately hoping to see. I might be wrong, but I think we're fully justified in that hope.

So far people have simply distanced themselves from 2012 and are discussing issues that occurred in 2012 that are unrelated to any of the nonsense claims made about 2012.

That clearly suggests to me that the 2012 believers know that they were wrong - they just can't admit it.

Why? Why do they need to admit it? They KNOW they were wrong. Why do you need to rub their nose in it? What's the point disappointing them further? There's no argument to be made. None at all. You win. You want us to polish your trophy for you? I have better things to do than that, like figuring out how to survive another year on this planet. I'd suggest you do the same.

The title of the thread asks, "Will You Admit You Were Wrong?"

The clear answer is no.

The clear answer is, "It's the end of an era, not the end of the world. The era was ending before 2012. It's just taking a very long time."

edit on 7-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by InfinitePerspective
reply to post by john_bmth

Thank you, my friend, for insight into something I was not previously aware of.

To verify my understanding, you are saying that nothing did indeed happen because a happening could be said to be a psychological illusion due to lack of physical evidence?

Well, I was gonna suggest that aliens swapped our sun with an imposter when our backs were turned but I guess we could roll with that one.

Quetzocoatl, great feathered serpent, author of great laws, one who made great wisdom but did not know about the wheel, great teacher took his mighty shield and painted smiley face. Yea, great Hopi did Hopi hop and Grandmaster sing hip hop and magical spider and blue planet danced in boogy love dance chanting Shanti Chaka Khan. Then feathered serpent slew evil monkey, yea, Curious George fell to his death and Babar fled into Strawberry Fields. Lo, Quetzocoatl quickly went to sun, great ball of fire, and put smiley shield in front. Great ball of fire farted fiercely, flames flew against shiny shield. Fart refracted, humanity's hope victorious. Dancing spider made crystal web between andromeda and Pleides, great blue dwelling place blew blue bronze trumpets, greeting exiled Papa Smurf.

None saw this, only wise elders smelt the fart the evil one dealt. They then offered tobacco each one his favourite brand. Yet Deer in Headlights offered a MArlboro Light and was struck along with his family for his sin, praise Sky Father.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The clear answer is, "It's the end of an era, not the end of the world. The era was ending before 2012. It's just taking a very long time."

Lol, how convenient! The climate is also changing all the time, it takes a long time. The world is orbiting the sun, it takes time. I am writing this text, it takes time. Democracy takes time.

Being that we are in the space-time continum. Time is part of our being in the world, regardless of what pseudo-scientists and false mystics say. Even the "ancients" regarded it as holy.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't admit I am wrong on the 2012 issue, but it's not an ego thing. I never ever thought on December 21st some big disaster was going to happen. In fact all along most of the people I know who subscribed to December 21st 2012 thought that it was the beginning of the new age.

From my personal experience and from watching remote viewers, and Dolorras Cannon hypnosis asking people about the future, the big disaster will come by spring of this year. And remote viewers (not just courtney) saw destruction of the west coast of the united states with mass relocation by spring.

Besides nothing ever happens when you are prepared, it happens when everyone breaths a sign of relief.

If nothing happens by the fall I will re-evaluate the one year of studying and scientific research I've done

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Lol, how convenient! The climate is also changing all the time, it takes a long time. The world is orbiting the sun, it takes time. I am writing this text, it takes time. Democracy takes time.

You don't think the earth is dying?

Being that we are in the space-time continum. Time is part of our being in the world, regardless of what pseudo-scientists and false mystics say. Even the "ancients" regarded it as holy.

Time isn't what's killing the earth. Try the human species. Maybe 2012 would have been a good thing. Maybe it's time for something to happen regardless of 2012. Maybe the human race can actually be productive and stop breaking stuff so much. Maybe it could, oh, I don't know...change?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I was pointing out that the "long process" or "long time" excuse for the 2012 debacle does not work as it can be applied anywhere.

By the way, what did you think about my explanation on why the earth survived the auspicious date?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

By the way, what did you think about my explanation on why the earth survived the auspicious date?

Didn't read it. To be quite honest, I'm sure if people had actually wanted something big to happen, it would have happened. It's all of our faults that the world isn't changing like it should.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

There is a Rabbinical tradition that if all the Jews keep the Sabbath just once, that the Messiah will come. Muslims have a similar tradition. Then we would all be saved and find happiness in the Talmud or Shariah (heavens forfend). Christians believe that Jesus will come and set it right (while burning in hell the nonchosen). 2012ers waited for an apocolypse, a revealation. All have this in common: an outside agency of magical proportions setting things right according to their view.

You said we should change it. We (not astral elders, messiahs, feathered serpents) should change it. I agree, the date means nothing, nothing either. Western society, as horribly faulted as it is in some respects, is moving humanity forward, based on centuries of people not waiting for someone to descend from the heavens: from the Lollards to the Wall St. protests of last year (even the Tea Party) humanity has been fighting fiercely. Sometimes we've gotten it right (1776) sometimes wrong (1848). Yet, websites like this are proof of the expansion of the human spirit thanks to humanity.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It's all of our faults that the world isn't changing like it should.

The world is simply not changing in a way that meets your expectations.

Originally posted by seen2much
I was pointing out that the "long process" or "long time" excuse for the 2012 debacle does not work as it can be applied anywhere.

If this "long process" idea can be applied to anything, as you say, then why could it not also be applied to the idea of 2012? I am simply asking, no disrespect is intended.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

2012ers waited for an apocolypse, a revealation. All have this in common: an outside agency of magical proportions setting things right according to their view.

There you go, stereotyping again.

You said we should change it. We (not astral elders, messiahs, feathered serpents) should change it. I agree, the date means nothing, nothing either. Western society, as horribly faulted as it is in some respects, is moving humanity forward, based on centuries of people not waiting for someone to descend from the heavens: from the Lollards to the Wall St. protests of last year (even the Tea Party) humanity has been fighting fiercely. Sometimes we've gotten it right (1776) sometimes wrong (1848). Yet, websites like this are proof of the expansion of the human spirit thanks to humanity.

Well, at least you've realized that much.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
To infinity: realized? I have been saying it all along, read my posts.

To infinite: because 2012ers said that date, that specific date. A date which passed as uneventful as a day in the Kentucky woods or Sahara. I was pointing out that was completely arbitrary. Now if 2012ers had prophesied 1914 or 2001 then we would have something. Yet, it was the Winter Solctice 2012. It was a terrible disapointment.

Let me create a date (Great Sky Father telleth me in my sleepwake --my dreasms): November 7th is the begining of nw world. Now that date passes without incident and I say: "oops, it was a slow process undedected by our supernalconciousness radars. Our Sublunar self inhibitd it and w must wait for results. Two months pass and something happens say a volcanoe erupts or a 5.5. earthquake happens. I then say, "you see, I was right! After all, THESE THINGS TAKE TIME." That is what I mean.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%. Ive been visiting this forum since 2000 and the date will just change, trust me.

Its so laughable how many people are saying most 2012ers did not believe in doom and gloom when the threads and discussions over the last several years prove the opposite.

Killer Solar Flares
Nibiru
Asteroids, Elenin
Polar Shift
Galactic Alignment
Evil Aliens
3 days of Darkness
Killer Cosmic wave approaching from the galaxys center etc

The list goes on and on. You could not explain to them a planet/red dwarf entering our solar system would be detected easily and would have disturbed the orbits of the planets.

You could not reason with so many of them. Of course as 2012 proceeded normally along more of them changed there tune to awakening and ascension.

People who base there beliefs on pseudoscience, you-tube videos, and fast cash con artists need to be called out for their ignorance.

Comet Elenin a prime example. The nutters said Nasa was lying about it not being a threat but Nasa was telling the truth all along.

But they will continue the same dog and pony show regardless of how ignorant they look each and every time.

And imo a coward is one who cant admit they were wrong and back peddles.

edit on 7-1-2013 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Are you sure they weren't just discussing possibilities or things they wanted to occur?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

My point here is to say that nothing happened because you didn't make it happen.

So you are ranting in the 20912 forum without any connection to 2012 concepts. Fine.

Please don't shirk your duty to make changes by pointing fingers at me. I am absolutely certain that you did nothing but whine. I do make positive changes in my community. So please stop the false accusations.

Why didn't 2012 happen? Why did it have to be 2012? Why not 2010, 2009, 2000? Don't put so much importance on the year, because it ISN'T the year. It's YOU.

Please stop the silly antics. It is clear that you ascribe to whining rather than doing. Your posts are full of anger, hate, aggression, and border on evil.

Why didn't 2012 happen? Why did it have to be 2012? Why not 2010, 2009, 2000? Don't put so much importance on the year, because it ISN'T the year. It's YOU.

You sleep in the bed you make. If your life stinks fix it. Need a better job - go get one. Need a happier life - go do it. Want a better world - get going.

Why? Why do they need to admit it? They KNOW they were wrong. Why do you need to rub their nose in it? What's the point disappointing them further? There's no argument to be made. None at all. You win. You want us to polish your trophy for you? I have better things to do than that, like figuring out how to survive another year on this planet. I'd suggest you do the same.

Ever heard of a 12 step program. Part of such a program is learning to admit error. After that people can move forward. It's all part of the learning experience.

Completely wrong. There was no era, no change. 2012 was a hoax of no importance. It was nothing more than a hoax intended to steal money from the wallets of the gullible. It worked for the con artists.

The goal is for people not to be duped like that in the future. The money and time wasted on the hoax of 2012 could have fed tens of thousands of people. It could have been hundreds of schools where there are none. It could have provided thousands and thousands of vaccinations to kids that are now dead.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You don't think the earth is dying? [/quote[
The Earth is not alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join