It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InfinitePerspective

Occam's Razor. If no change can be objectively quantified nor measured, is it reasonable to assume that a) nothing changed or b) a change occurred that is neither measurable nor replicable and the lack of such objective evidence is in fact a psychological illusion?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't see you making the world a better place with this thread. I only see you pointing fingers and starting fights. Care to explain that?..

Yes, knowledge brings enlightenment. Your fake 'knowledge' only brings confusion and terror to you and the world. YOU people are responsible for this thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I might be wrong, but I believe this image is the reason half of the 2012ers were so desperate to believe. Some people are so desperate for change that they will grasp any straw within reach.

This is what you are laughing at. This is what you are ignoring at our expense. This is the fate to which we are condemning ourselves, and this is the future you disregard in your hilarity at our disappointment. This is why I don't respect your thread.

Even as you laugh at those of us who struggle to retain our last shreds of hope, the world continues to burn.

Hypocrite! Don't EVER claim to help the green cause by posting about cultish beliefs on a conspiracy site.

You've done NOTHING for the Earth by posting about prophecies on a conspiracy site, urrgh, give us a break.. And get some education, you need it, if you want to know about the physics and chemistry of pollution.

edit on 6-1-2013 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Thank you, my friend, for insight into something I was not previously aware of.

To verify my understanding, you are saying that nothing did indeed happen because a happening could be said to be a psychological illusion due to lack of physical evidence?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Clearly a post expressing your lack of understanding. As I have posted many times and will do so again. There is an offical truth, the crazies truth and reality. Most people use the crazies truth as an excuse to stick their head in the sand. Let me know if you find any worms.....

Also as stated above, the Mayans never stated end of world, nor the Hopi's or any other culture. The closest i'd say is the Hopi's. I'm not going to get into another rant about this topic. You either get it or you don't. The information is out there, the signs and patterns of a cyclic world are undeniable at this point. But again the World doesn't end! If it did it would have ended during the last cycle or the first cycle rather. Yet here we are in a new age and alas the world is still here. Rest assured changes are afoot.

Shocked you actually got two flags on this post. Also surprised that moderators don't close all these threads that spring up daily and advise to see the thread that already exists. I am sure if you search "I told you so" there will be plenty to chose from.
edit on 6-1-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You are doing a bad job of convincing people that 2012ers are wrong for having hoped for a change in the world. Really, you're making a very fine example of why we want the world to change. Attitudes like yours get people hurt.

After years of nonsense claims and outright gibberish you can't possibly be claiming that 2012 was a hope for change. A little of that showed up in the final year with people thinking that some easy button was about to be pushed. This notion that people will be saved by a greater strength is like the story the Lord of the Flies.

I saw nothing more than sloth when it comes to 2012. I saw no one getting off their lazy butts to make the world a better place. Many times I have posted suggestions on how to help others and build a stronger community. I do many of those things. I don't wait for some farcical, magical easy button to appear. I do things to help others and it makes for a better life for me, because the people I help in turn help others and so it goes.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
prove it didn't happen and this isn't a dream your dead brain is having.....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Really?

They don't look to be sitting on their butts. Just saying.....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by O11Snapper

I checked Reuters and they do not mention Eiao at all. So no, Reuters did not report such an incident. The impact appears to be a hoax. I went on to try a news search at Yahoo! No mention of Eiao either. That has not stopped a few places from faking a story and saying that Reuters has reported that.

You suggest two islands have been hit. That makes no sense. Meteors hit the surface of the Earth and 69% of that is covered by water.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

What does your photo have anything to do with what I stated?

Nothing.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I saw nothing more than sloth when it comes to 2012. I saw no one getting off their lazy butts to make the world a better place.
well the photo and the map below shows all the protest in 2012, many have lasting changes on the nations in which they took place. Many for the good of the people, while others were absorbed by western government agencies and derailed. Bahrain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, any nation that is friendly with the US. But the photo clearly shows people in action not sitting on their butts.

As you said yourself, there is no easy button.....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Thanks for explanation. I would point out that the peoples you refer to were not 2012 believers and thus fall outside of those I was commenting about. They are as you have stated working a long and hard and often dangerous path to reach their goals.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfinitePerspective

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

I really believe that the mind will make things up it expects to be there.

This is an interesting point.

I ask you now, and I intend this with utmost respect, by this logic could it not be said that when one holds onto the idea that "nothing happened," one will make up this happening of nothing because that is what is expected? So, in essence, you are doing the same thing as the ones that believed something happened or is happening.

Ponder if you will, the idea that every opinion, every belief that anyone has is simply their own delusion of what they want reality to be. From this perspective, no one is ever wrong or right and to be wrong or right is to delude oneself.
This is true to a point except there is no reason to believe anything happend. If something undeniably happened and I continue to say that nothing happened, then it would be the same.

When we believe something to be true despite evidence to the contrary, that is a delusion by definition.

I would say that our reality is shaped by our perceptions and beliefs and expectations but when new information is encoumtered that does not conform with our percieved reality, we are forced reevaluate.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by seen2much

Actually, for the past 70 years life has gotten much better for many. Yes, there is evil, but neither your crystal pyramids or mantras will eliminate it. It is a natural part of humanity, sadly.

Ah. So you believe humans are naturally evil. With that kind of outlook, it's not surprising you are so cynical and provocative. You only understand or care about what you feel about the world, all other perspectives be damned.

You are doing a bad job of convincing people that 2012ers are wrong for having hoped for a change in the world. Really, you're making a very fine example of why we want the world to change. Attitudes like yours get people hurt.
edit on 6-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I said there is evil in the world, I did not say that people are evil naturally, stop putting words in my mouth. It could have been a Freudian slip on your part, which I would understand as you deep down have shown signs of uncontrolled anger. Also, I did not condemn 2012ers for wanting the world to change. Why do you continue to misconstrue? Oh wait. you misconstrued Mayan belief as well. If you think evil can be eradicated then you lack knowledge of history or science (you are delusional). By the way, evil and good differ and many argue are totally subjective.

Remember Mozart.

The self-righteous fury is interesting to read here. It is interesting to note that 2012ers try to place the blame on humanity for nothing happening! Nothing happened because of us? What is the point of prophecy? Well, it allows an escape clause for failed ones.

2012ers need to get rid of their victim complex" "You hate me because I want the world to change." I don't hate you and people like you do the least when it comes to changing the world. Can one name any major political movement started by a new-age cult or belief in Meso-American mythology?

The world has been changing ever since it was created. Change is the only constant. Need no to feathered serpent from Guadalupe come to tell us that. Need no "Hopi" hopeless nonesense about spiders and blue dwelling places from the heavens come and teach us. The time of waiting towards the sky for salvation are over. Humanity is finding its strength, slowly but surely. Human beings, being and becoming, are alligning themselves without the need for pseudo-scientific ooga booga shady shamans.

Democracy, human rights and civil rights movements are unconnected to 2012. It has been a steady flow of change and true awakening by human exertion, not galactic allignment.

"Love and light"
edit on 7-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is not a thread made to rub it in. This is a thread which asks a question. Western civilization is based, since Socrates, on questioning the given. This is why the West has progressed. It did not succumb to mystic absolutes and dogma. This has led to democracy, republicanism and human rights. I am unaware of anything remotely similar ever happening amongst the Maya, Aztec or the only tangentially important Hopi people. I am unaware of anything similar happening in conservative Catholic, Hindu, or Muslim circles.

Prophecy, fear of a god, cataclysm, and recourse to "mysteries" and "fate" have only aided the caste-system, Shariah law, laws of Manu, and stratified societies.

Keep your "ancient wisdom" and remain foolish. "Spiritual" societies have very little to offer humanity; however, humane societies do, or at least have the greatest potential to do so.

So keep your unexplainable and undefendable dogma in the guise of new-age "love." It has produced little if any fruit. If you know of any real change brought about by the 2012 movement, please state it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
reply to post by stereologist

Really?

They don't look to be sitting on their butts. Just saying.....

This is an example and I daresay a poorly chosen picture. This is an example of a group based on "ancient wisdom and spirituality" using democratic methods to undermine democracy and human rights once it gets into power. I feel for the Shia, Christians and women as they will have nothing to gain thanks to spiritual beliefs of a group of people, like 2012ers, hold that they are in the "know" of what humanity should be. Hopefully, real democratic groups will win in those areas but it will take time.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I feel for the Shia, Christians and women as they will have nothing to gain thanks to spiritual beliefs of a group of people, like 2012ers, hold that they are in the "know" of what humanity should be. Hopefully, real democratic groups will win in those areas but it will take time.

We all want the same thing...peace and prosperity. TRUE peace and prosperity. Charlie Chaplin speaks quite eloquently on the subject. I highly recommend you donate five minutes of your time to hear what he has to say. If this isn't what you want for the world, then you have no heart.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The self-righteous fury is interesting to read here. It is interesting to note that 2012ers try to place the blame on humanity for nothing happening! Nothing happened because of us? What is the point of prophecy? Well, it allows an escape clause for failed ones.

Forget 2012. Forget the Mayans. Forget the end of the world. None of that has any meaning here. You think nothing happened over the course of 2012? Have you been on some other planet? Shootings, bombings, disease, inflation, war, famine, police brutality, constitutional corruption, spiritual corrosion, the list goes on and on.

I'm placing the blame on all of humanity because we are the ones making a difference for this stupid rock floating in space. It's up to us to decide what kind of difference we make. If you don't understand that, then maybe we should be shooting you into space instead of those monkeys. We sure don't need you here.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Forget 2012. Forget the Mayans. Forget the end of the world. None of that has any meaning here. You think nothing happened over the course of 2012? Have you been on some other planet? Shootings, bombings, disease, inflation, war, famine, police brutality, constitutional corruption, spiritual corrosion, the list goes on and on.

Yet another straw man argument of no importance to the discussions of 2012.

I'm placing the blame on all of humanity because we are the ones making a difference for this stupid rock floating in space. It's up to us to decide what kind of difference we make. If you don't understand that, then maybe we should be shooting you into space instead of those monkeys. We sure don't need you here.

And what did you do in 2012 to make the world a better place? What did you do for your community?

Ejecting people from the planet sounds like another anger issue. Seeing a clear pattern here.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It's up to us to decide what kind of difference we make.

And what difference have you decided to make?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join