It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Disclosure is still happening.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
I agree Night, good post.

I am amazed at how angry these people get for being asked a simple qustion.

Well, its a bit frustrating when you provide a "skeptic" with evidence that their very question is flawed only to have that evidence swept under the rug because the "skeptic" in question can't handle the truth.

edit on 3-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

I am amazed at how angry these people get for being asked a simple qustion. So much for enlightenement. They remind me of religious forums where it is taboo to ask someone why they believe something or ask them to defend it.

Again, you are missing the point completely. I personally am not angry that you asked the question. I am angry because you had to. Nothing happened because we didn't make anything happen. We're content to pretend we're powerless.

It is obvious 2012 has been a fiasco and a dud. Most of us want the world to change and are active. The fact that we do not depend on meso-american myths and new age nonesense should not make us any less a bleeding heart. IT is obvious many here who defended the 2012 dud no longer can defend themselves and must resort to name calling, projection and fits of "righteous anger."

You are obviously using the few to label the many. Prove that "New Agers" are wrong in their beliefs. Honestly, a lot of our spiritual journeys have given us more to rely on than the average popular zealot of Christianity or Catholicism. Come on, swing at me. Show me your case.

Admit it or not, the emperor has no clothes. However, heaven forbid his servants should say so.

How about the servants give him new clothes instead? Offer REAL golden clothes. Or just plain clothes, and go on and on about how wonderful these plain clothes look.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

The reason the OP is asking us because the majority of the posters in this forum most certainly called the skeptics shills disinfo agents and sheeple. And afterinfinity, despite what he says now, was one of them

No, I wasn't. I never said anything would happen. I've given many possibilities, but any time I mentioned the term "sheeple" was not in relation to 2012. All I've ever done is give possible scenarios and repeat my hopes that the world would change for the better. I never said the world would end. Please provide relevant quotes if you want to continue making accusations.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Calm down afterinfinity....calm down. Take a swing!? (lol) I do not want to swing at anyone. It seems you are very much like the violent type you preach against.

Give the emperor real clothes!? He is your emperor not mine. I don't bow down to false interpretations of Mayan scripture or the fakes who made millions from it. You have to cover your tracks, not I. I believe in myself as I hope you will one day believe in yourself. I also believe in scholasticism which treats the Mayan civilization as interesting in-its-self, not as a means to fuel my new age ego.

Calm down and learn how to handle being wrong and dealing with the criticism that entails.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Give the emperor real clothes!? He is your emperor not mine. I don't bow down to false interpretations of Mayan scripture or the fakes who made millions from it. You have to cover your tracks, not I. I believe in myself as I hope you will one day believe in yourself. I also believe in scholasticism which treats the Mayan civilization as interesting in-its-self, not as a means to fuel my new age ego.

I have no emperor. I have a dream of a world where everyone cares and no one cries, where everyone loves and no one lies, where everyone shares and swallows their pride. That's what I have. You make accusations, taking a broad paintbrush and laying an all-encompassing layer of judgment.

I have an ego? That's hilarious! See, I'm not the one who started a thread designed to point fingers. The man who demands that everyone admit they were wrong, instead of finding a way to make them happy about it, is not a man at all. He is a coward. And he is weak.

Calm down and learn how to handle being wrong and dealing with the criticism that entails.

And here we have it.

Point one, I am not wrong for desiring that the world learn from its mistakes for once, instead of just learning to make them with greater impunity. Our leaders desire to be better at being bad. I want that to change. I am not wrong for that.

Point two, criticism is only efficient so far as it shows us what we need to change. As according to point one, we are avoiding such revelation like the plague, so it's not doing much good, is it? At the moment, criticism is just another way of giving everyone a wedgie to remind them that they are weaker than you.

Are you a bully? Because only a bully would spend more time pointing out mistakes and less time fixing them. I see no productivity in this thread, only an immature OP who sees no reason to solve the problems he claims to be pointing out. If we are wrong, we're very sorry, because now we have to spend more time listening to people like you. All we want is change, because YOU are getting very old, very fast.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

2012ers were not wrong... Maybe the nobelprize for Obama has something to do with it. If someone or something did not interveine we would have had a global extinction event because of massive sunflares or somthing else.. like a polar shift.

What if an ET race helped us out with their knowledge and cured our Sun without us never knowing about it..? (us=common folks.). What are all those pics and vids with alleged giant spacecraft near the Sun about...?

edit on 3/1/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

What if an ET race helped us out with their knowledge and cured our Sun without us never knowing about it..?

You would have to be mind bogglingly gullible to believe such a thing, in which case I have a bridge to sell you.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Like you and many 2012er s said, "then leave the thread. No one is making you come here."

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You name call and accuse me of being a bully? You write weak,coward etc...

You claim to want to see a better world but you can't even argue without getting angry and throwing accusations and ad hominem attacks? Interesting. I once heard about commenting on the splinter in ones eye while ignoring the beam in ones own....

Brush strokes? My friend, you have been painting this entire thread.

So much for raising vibrations. You seem angry. Listen to Mozart or something.

Criticism is not meant to feel good. It actually comes from the Greek to eat flesh. It is obvious you are backtracking the failed 2012 movement. Luckily, I do not depend on false interpretations of Mayan scripture. I am active in helping out. Not by lip service to "raising vibrations," but down to earth methods.

Good luck and get better!

edit on 3-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

What if an ET race helped us out with their knowledge and cured our Sun without us never knowing about it..?

You would have to be mind bogglingly gullible to believe such a thing, in which case I have a bridge to sell you.

Wow, for love of God was that post serious? I hope it was not, but it would not surprise me. They are so far in denial. I couldn't stop laughing when I read it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much

Originally posted by john_bmth

Wow, for love of God was that post serious?

*looks at sign up date*

Welcome to ATS, it gets weirder the longer you stay .
The fact that I didn't bat so much as an eyelid reading that post just goes to show how desensitized I am to the utterly bonkers and genuinely sincere beliefs some folks hold on these boards.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You name call and accuse me of being a bully? You write weak,coward etc...

You claim to want to see a better world but you can't even argue without getting angry and throwing accusations and ad hominem attacks? Interesting. I once heard about commenting on the splinter in ones eye while ignoring the beam in ones own....

I don't see you making the world a better place with this thread. I only see you pointing fingers and starting fights. Care to explain that?

Brush strokes? My friend, you have been painting this entire thread.

So much for raising vibrations. You seem angry. Listen to Mozart or something.

I'm irritated because you want to start a fight. Your innocent act looks pitiful compared with the whole "ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG HAHAHAHA SUCKERS" thread you've got going on here.

Criticism is not meant to feel good. It actually comes from the Greek to eat flesh. It is obvious you are backtracking the failed 2012 movement. Luckily, I do not depend on false interpretations of Mayan scripture. I am active in helping out. Not by lip service to "raising vibrations," but down to earth methods.

I'm not backtracking anything. If anything, you're giving me more reason to go out every night and yell to the stars, "If you're going to push the damn red button, do it already! Before it's too late!" You think I'm backtracking? I stand by what I said before: if it's not the end of an age, then it better be the end of the world. Either way, something has to give. That is what I have always said, and I will not take it back. I am not ashamed of it.

How exactly are you helping out? Sticking your finger in our face and laughing at our dismay that people like you are still alive to make fun of the fact the world is still burning? What are your "down to earth" methods? I'm interested in hearing this. Prove to me you're more than just talk.

Good luck and get better!

Put that attitude of yours to better use and I will!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I had that laughing like a donkey moment which later turned into : "my God I feel so sorry for this person, holy cow could it be serious" moment.

That post is one of the reasons people like Wilcock piss me off.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I had that laughing like a donkey moment which later turned into : "my God I feel so sorry for this person, holy cow could it be serious" moment.

That post is one of the reasons people like Wilcock piss me off.

Is that why the majority of the posts on the first page of this thread are mainly commenting on how useless this topic has become in the overall scheme of ATS?

There is absolutely no point to your topic. It's arrogant and it's provocative. Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, it's completely immature to make a thread like this and flaunt your fantastically overgrown ego the way you have done for the past three pages. I really hope you learned something here, because we don't need that kind of behavior in this forum. We have enough problems without the extra baggage. Thank you, and have a good day.
edit on 3-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You've spent the last 3 pages attacking seen2much. You are not one to talk about other people's contributions to this and other threads.
edit on 3-1-2013 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The man who demands that everyone admit they were wrong, instead of finding a way to make them happy about it, is not a man at all. He is a coward. And he is weak.

Here is a way you can feel better about being wrong: learn from your mistakes. You have been given a rare opportunity to be magnanimous and show your humility. Please don't let it go to waste it by acting like a sore loser.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Here is a way you can feel better about being wrong: learn from your mistakes. You have been given a rare opportunity to be magnanimous and show your humility. Please don't let it go to waste it by acting like a sore loser.

What mistake? The mistake of believing that maybe we could change? Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized that decision was made.

Humility? The title of the thread has nothing to do with humility. And sore loser...I'm not a sore loser. I'm a sore survivor. I'd rather die than put up with another 50 years of OP's crowd.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Hey dude, the "AWAKENING" started in 2012, but its occurring on a level that has shot right over your head and too many other peoples heads apparently. Look back at what happened in 2012 that was "COMPLETELY DIFFERENT" from "ANY" other year before that, and if you can figure out what it was, well then.. that's the beginning of the "AWAKENING".

IF anybody needs to apologize, its someone like you that isn't smart enough to figure out what has occurred in 2012 and how it's "REALLY" going to affect the future from here on out.

I'm not going to tell you what it is, but I'll tell you that its going to shake up a lot of people that thought they had it made in the shade. To tell you here and now would alert them as to what is really taking place behind the scenes, and they would try to thwart it; but its already started and they think that things will go back to the way they were, but it won't.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

What mistake? The mistake of believing that maybe we could change? Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized that decision was made.

Of course change is possible. It comes from within, not some galactic alignment or ancient prophecy.

Humility? The title of the thread has nothing to do with humility. And sore loser...I'm not a sore loser. I'm a sore survivor. I'd rather die than put up with another 50 years of OP's crowd.

Please read what you just wrote very carefully; it suggests where you can start to change your world for the better.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join