It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Righty ho old chap, after you. Be a shining example for all of us to follow by doing something rather than getting all butthurt on an internet forum.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Righty ho old chap, after you. Be a shining example for all of us to follow by doing something rather than getting all butthurt on an internet forum.

Righty ho old chap, after yourself. Be a shining example for all of us to follow by doing something rather than getting all vindicated on an internet forum.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Asking for this admittance would be like asking all those people who believe that the earth is still flat metaphorically speaking to admit that it's round. It's just not going to happen and if you tracked them down and ask they'll say something that will ruse up your sympathy or pacifism over the matter. To make you get off the subject.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The sad product of being ridiculed for wanting a better future.

I disagree wholeheartedly. What was stated was that a valuable lesson was learned.

Nothing wrong with learning is there?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Absolutely. I am not going back for seconds. And I wasn't ridiculed -- I wasn't waving the flag. Magic thinking is a fairy tale. That is my truth. Agreed -- if I want a better world, then I must take some action. Lesson learned! Thanks for seeing that.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You were wrong!!!!

Now all we need is a new date...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1007532013

Thanks for the feedback. I too have been wrong about issues and it feels good to get it right.

I remember thinking at one time that there was merit to the Bermuda triangle. I was a bit surprised to learn that the stories being pushed by the authors were not true. I learned to take things with a grain of salt and ask questions. Making that mistake piqued my curiosity because it showed me to double check things.

One of the great stories of mistakes involves science books describing the structure of the human liver. From around 1848 to 1947 only 1 textbook described the liver correctly. That single book was not popular. It took a graduate student trying to make a filmstrip, the power point of the day, that wanted to show microscope photos alongside the 3D drawings to discover that the images in the textbooks did not match the liver.

Making mistakes is okay. Everyone does it. Learning from mistakes is great. Unfortunately, some people are not so eager to do it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I disagree wholeheartedly. What was stated was that a valuable lesson was learned.

Nothing wrong with learning is there?

What valuable lesson? I learned that 95% of our species can't be bothered to demonstrate the change they want to see. How many times must I say it? Oh, that's right, you couldn't give a flying rat's flatulence about change. Never mind. Go back to being nobody.
edit on 25-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Making mistakes is okay. Everyone does it. Learning from mistakes is great. Unfortunately, some people are not so eager to do it.

Do you want the world to change? Or are you satisfied with this despicable existence?

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but
shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more,
but have less; we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and
smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees
but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more
problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little,
drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too
little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our
possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and
hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to
life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but
have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer
space but not inner space.

We've done larger things, but not better things. We've cleaned up the air,
but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.

We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less.

We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold
more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less
and less.

That's not all of it, but I'll leave the rest in this link on George Carlin. It's sad because he is so very, very right about all of it. And you're content to say "Oh well."

That's all it takes to make the world go from bad to worse. All it takes is to shrug it off, like it doesn't matter. But it does. It matters a lot. Just because you won't be there for the future, doesn't mean you aren't responsible for it. If you have the power, you have the moral obligation. If you can change the fates of generations to come, then what the hell are you waiting for?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What does any of your anger at the world and everyone in it have to do with failed 2012 predictions? You are treating the failure of the predictions as yet another reason to be angry! Give it rest.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
You were wrong!!!!

Now all we need is a new date...

Now you've got me laughing.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

What does any of your anger at the world and everyone in it have to do with failed 2012 predictions? You are treating the failure of the predictions as yet another reason to be angry! Give it rest.

I am treating your failure as another reason to be angry, because you wear your inaction and apathy like a badge of honor, a golden star that prove you the prize pupil of the modern age. Congratulations, you decided not to do anything special to improve the world! You're just as guilty as the hypocrites in office.

Because you've done nothing. And you will continue to do nothing. 2012 didn't bring any change because you are one of the many who decided change isn't worth fighting for. That's why I'm angry - because to all appearances, you can't comprehend the necessity of fighting for change.

All it takes for evil to win, is for good men to do nothing. Just like you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Thanks for the feedback. I too have been wrong about issues and it feels good to get it right.

I remember thinking at one time that there was merit to the Bermuda triangle. I was a bit surprised to learn that the stories being pushed by the authors were not true. I learned to take things with a grain of salt and ask questions. Making that mistake piqued my curiosity because it showed me to double check things.

One of the great stories of mistakes involves science books describing the structure of the human liver. From around 1848 to 1947 only 1 textbook described the liver correctly. That single book was not popular. It took a graduate student trying to make a filmstrip, the power point of the day, that wanted to show microscope photos alongside the 3D drawings to discover that the images in the textbooks did not match the liver.

Thanks for your response. I do feel slightly smarter today
! I won't beat myself up too much. It is what it is. Onward and upwards, right? Felt good to get that little rant/confession out.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Onwards and upwards to war and oppression. That's what the 2012ers get for being wrong, yeah? They wanted peace and prosperity, so we'll give them war and disease! That'll teach them!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

All it takes for evil to win, is for good men to do nothing. Just like you.

Wow, given that you have absolutely no idea who I am or what I do, you sure do hate me for who you think I am. Here, let me do something positive to make the world a better place: I suggest you seek professional help.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Wow, given that you have absolutely no idea who I am or what I do, you sure do hate me for who you think I am. Here, let me do something positive to make the world a better place: I suggest you seek professional help.

What did you do to make the world change?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

What did you do to make the world change?

I consider a day wasted if I do not teach at least one person something new. I consider a day wasted if I cannot commit an act of compassion. I consider a day wasted if I cannot inspire someone else to feel a sense of wonder at the world. I consider a day wasted if I cannot somehow help someone see a way out of their suffering. I haven't wasted many days so I cannot begin to count how many small things I've done to change the world, but I am quite certain that they do add up. What have you done to change the world?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I concede the case. In many ways, you are a better man than I am, it seems. But I stand by my assertion that the failure of monumental change in 2012 was due more to the spirit of the people than to the fabric of fate.
edit on 25-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Onwards and upwards to war and oppression. That's what the 2012ers get for being wrong, yeah? They wanted peace and prosperity, so we'll give them war and disease! That'll teach them!

What are you talking about? The 2012ers wanted nothing but an extinction level event! They wanted Nibiru to destroy the Earth, they wanted us wiped out due to a pole shift, flung off our orbit, evil Annunaki enslaving us and stealing all our gold, and the "ascenders" who wanted us to leave this planet behind and become spirits or what not.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Greetings brethren,

The True Believer is never wrong.

Cheers,
Destiny fulfilled.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join