It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Jose standoff ends with naked sword-wielding man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

When police reached the residence the suspect was not there, but based on a description by witnesses of the suspect's pickup truck, patrol officers spotted the vehicle near the VTA station at about 8:30 a.m., Morales said. The suspect drove into the station's parking lot, began to take off his clothing and emerged from the truck naked while brandishing an unsheathed Samurai sword at officers, Morales said. "He said 'You're going to have to kill me'" to the officers, Morales said

Source

I can already tell 2013 is gonna be an interesting one

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If he'd had a gun he would be another statistic.

Glad he wasn't regardless of how crazy is is or was.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think he should be allowed to have a gun.
Its his right.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
If he'd had a gun he would be another statistic.

Glad he wasn't regardless of how crazy is is or was.

He did have a gun. From the posted article:

A man with an assault rifle in his car removed his clothes and brandished a Samurai sword at police in west San Jose for more than two hours before he was arrested while trying to flee, a San Jose police spokesman said.

Crazy is as crazy does, but I guess he forgot about the gun in his zeal to live out some bath-salts induced Samurai fantasy.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

What is wrong with people these days? Is there a lack of mental stability in America or a lack of self control?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JarheadFidelis

I'm thinking both!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hey folks - 2013 is already to show some improvement over 2012.
This is the first story I've heard in quite a while where the police didn't go ahead and shoot to kill a naked person with (or without) a weapon.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I'm thinking you may be right!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well soon enough there will be a limited amount of guns on the market anyways, so why not freshen up your samurai skills?

Naked Ninja all the way

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

I doubt that. An estimated 300+million guns and an estimated 85 million gun owners in America. Estimated because we dont really know. And those are just the legal ones.
They said the same thing about drugs. Look how well thats working.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Amazing that he had an Assault weapon in his car. More gun control Psyops continue. It is obvious what they are trying to do.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Syzygy03

Exactly! It seems as though every other violent story in the news involves an "assault weapon" Of course, the media believes because a gun is black and scary looking its an "assault weapon" I think they may try to ban my 6 year old B.B. gun bext. Its black, and its a rifle, so it must be an assault weapon. SMH.

top topics

join