It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do it for your kids

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by Unrealised

Grimmley just slapped you in the face there with that info, yet you see no pattern? Talk about ignorance.
At least your username fits. Unrealised fits you well.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Putyournamehere because: (no reason given)

Thanks, brainiac, for your input.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Tell you what I'm tired of all non U.S. citizens telling us to get rid of a right, not given by a government but by God.. You like not having guns in your country then stay there and quit trying to force us to follow your laws.

And as a side note, your crime and criminals know your unarmed and take advantage of it, this is also why all your violent crime rose. Your law enforcement even said as much and cannot keep up..

Also since no matter what is said or proved to you, your going to sit back and whine, stomp your feet and complain that isn't the case then there is no point in continuing this debate.

I'm out of this bs. Peace.

Grim
edit on 2/1/2013 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimmley

I see their view as a "sour grapes" position. I dont like that they want to force their laws on us either. But they are entitled to speak freely and give their opinion. If everyone had the same opinion the world would be a boring place.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimmley

Tell you what I'm tired of all non U.S. citizens telling us to get rid of a right, not given by a government but by God.. You like not having guns in your country then stay there and quit trying to force us to follow your laws.

And as a side note, your crime and criminals know your unarmed and take advantage of it, this is also why all your violent crime rose. Your law enforcement even said as much and cannot keep up..

Also since no matter what is said or proved to you, your going to sit back and whine, stomp your feet and complain that isn't the case then there is no point in continuing this debate.

I'm out of this bs. Peace.

Grim
edit on 2/1/2013 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah, God told you that you could keep guns.

Do you know how demented that sounds?

Did the easter bunny say you could keep grenades, too?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

There is a quote from the bible(said by Jesus) If you dont have a sword, sell your coat and buy a sword. Had there been guns in that day...who knows he may have said to by a gun.
Im not religious by any means, but its there.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Braniac? Lol. You can't comprehend what's written there. Guns were taken away yet crime rose. Does it take a braniac to figure that out?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

Some people have severe Hoplophobia and there is nothing you can do to change it. No amount of facts, proof or common sense will change it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

LOL your wasting your time dude,

I just read a member on here got her 5 year old daughter a real gun, it was pink

Sick sick stuff

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

LOL your wasting your time dude,

I just read a member on here got her 5 year old daughter a real gun, it was pink

Sick sick stuff

My daughter has had firearms of her own since her 8th birthday. Understand that rural American life is vastly different from city life.

She has been shooting since age 5 (closely supervised). Nothing to fear from teaching children proper firearm safety. The law here is once they take and pass the hunter safety course a child of 11 can hunt without an adult present. My daughter hunts deer, turkey, and duck and shots the occasional coyote farm raider.

She is 15 now and has 10 firearms of her own from .22 to .308. I have firearms all over the house locked loaded and strategically placed. I am fully confident that when I leave her alone she is safe. We live rural and 30-45 minutes is the average response time for the Sheriff.

I'd rather her respect and understand firearms than fear them.

ETA: Most of her firearms are either pink or a pink cammo patern - what is the problem with pink. She likes pink.

edit on 2/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I got my first gun when I was 8 years old.
I took gun safety classes and never injured myself or anyone else.

I'm sure I would do the same for my kids.

For the children's sake.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

I just bought my 6 year old a B.B. gun. In 4 years he'll get a.22. Start them young and teach them safety and responsibility and they'll be fine.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I was gonna ask what you wanted me to do for my kid. Take him to Disney World or something? Then I saw it was another gun thread and I was sad.

C'est la vie.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
You Americans always go on about how banning guns will not reduce gun-related crime.

I'm sick of hearing it.

Do you even comprehend what banning all guns will do? It will ban guns from the law-abiding citizens only. Criminals will always have guns, or access to guns. Banning guns will require everyone to turn their guns in. Law-abiding citizens will turn theirs in, criminals will not.

Banning guns will only disarm law-abiding citizens and keep them from defending themselves and others against armed criminals.

Every place that has a potential of being a target has armed guards: courts, airports, elected officials, power plants, banks, shopping malls, hospitals, even most colleges. It's time to have armed guards at our K-12 schools. Period.

Most law-abiding gun owners will never waiver from this point.

Do it for your kids

Our kids need armed protection. Not have their protectors disarmed, only allowing the criminals to remain armed. And it is truly said when someone can't comprehend this.

edit on 2-1-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

It's time to have armed guards at our K-12 schools. Period.

Then your society is broken and you all failed.

Move aside, kill each other and let somebody else try to be the king of the world.

Notice I said 'try.'

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
While I disagree with gun banning, I completely agree that America is broken, especially their society.

What needs to change, is the way American's are brought up in their own homes. If you have a nation that has high morals, and is highly respectful, highly disciplined, crime would be very, very low. And it all begins from home.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker
While I disagree with gun banning, I completely agree that America is broken, especially their society.

What needs to change, is the way American's are brought up in their own homes. If you have a nation that has high morals, and is highly respectful, highly disciplined, crime would be very, very low. And it all begins from home.

Good points.

It is true.

They can't be trusted with guns.

Low morality = High mortality.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Move aside, kill each other and let somebody else try to be the king schoole world.

Law-abiding citizens with guns won't be killing each other. The criminals will be the ones killing each other. You know, the ones who will still have the guns when the law-abiding citizens become disarmed if all guns were to be banned (which will never, ever happen, by the way).

And since criminals will be the only ones with guns after a full gun ban, nothing will stop them from going into a school and doing this all over again. Except for armed guards, of course.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Do it for the kids? What will the kids benefit from it? We have cities who have had gun bans or extreme restrictions, crime rates rise in those cities. We have cities that made it mandatory to own a firearm in your household and crime rates plummeted in those areas. The children will only grow up in a society where their rights can be taken at ease and they won't be able to do anything about it. They'll grow up in a society where they're automatically the victim to whatever crime may be occurring. They'll be left defenseless in a culture of cowardly fools. In the aspect of arms the only way it's broken is how much the second amendment has been infringed.

Giving up arms won't benefit the generations of tomorrow, it'll only hurt them.

Originally posted by Nuker

I agree that there is a lack of morals in our society.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

That do it for the children attitude bores me to no end. Essentially, you cannot come up with a logical or reasonable excuse to ban guns. So, you call Americans crazy and say to them they are thoughtless monsters for not protecting the children.

You are exposed for being nothing more than a charlatan with an agenda.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here you go.

Girl killed by falling bullet on New Years

Seems some idiot decided to fire his gun into the air to 'celebrate' New Years, and the falling bullet killed a 10 year old girl in Elkton, Maryland, south of Philadelphia.

This is a prime example of what this thread is about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join