Do it for your kids

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A common theme has made it's way to the forum, and it irks me to no end.

You Americans always go on about how banning guns will not reduce gun-related crime.

Are you serious?

I'm sick of hearing it.

Your Country is broken, and needs a change.

I've got an idea: How about you ban your guns, and if gun-related crime stays at it's regular level, then you told us so, and you can have your precious little toys back.

But if you ban your guns and the levels of gun-related crime plummets, well, you'll have a much safer Country for your children, their children, and so on.

And don't say that criminals will still have guns, of course they will. You'll be able to use the money that would have been used to save gutted gunshot victims to instead fund your police force, and other public services.

Do it for your kids, or just flame me and watch your country bleed.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Guns should not be banned but their should be tighter regulations for acquiring one.

People who apply for guns should be tested more mental illness .

It will serve both side.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX
Guns should not be banned but their should be tighter regulations for acquiring one.

People who apply for guns should be tested more mental illness .

It will serve both side.

Do you agree that only certain types of guns should be allowed to be owned by the public, depending on what their use is to be for?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ask the parents of these kids if they think America is a safe place to be unarmed. As long as the trash that do things like this for amusement i think America needs guns.

Christian and Newsom were leaving an apartment together to go to a friend's party when they were abducted from the apartment complex parking lot.

Christian's parents found her abandoned Toyota 4-Runner two blocks away from the Chipman Street house the following Monday with the help of her mobile phone provider. An envelope recovered from the vehicle yielded fingerprint evidence that led police to Lemaricus Davidson and 2316 Chipman Street. When police went to the address on Tuesday, January 9, they found the house unoccupied and Christian's body in a bin in the kitchen.

According to the testimony of the Knox County Acting Medical Examiner Dr. Darinka Mileusnic-Polchan at the subsequent trial of Eric Boyd, Newsom was repeatedly sodomized with an object and then blindfolded, gagged, arms and feet bound and his head covered. Barefoot, he was dragged outside the house to a set of nearby railroad tracks. He was shot in the back of his head, neck and back and his body was then set on fire.

According to the testimony of the medical examiner, Channon's death came after hours of torture, having suffered injuries to her vagina, anus and mouth. She was raped with an unidentified object and beaten in the head. It was also reported that her body was scrubbed with bleach which was also poured down her throat, in an attempt by her attackers to remove DNA evidence, while Channon was still alive. She was then bound with curtains and strips of bedding, her face covered with a bin liner and her body stashed within five large bin bags, before being placed inside a residential waste disposal unit and covered with sheets. The medical examiner said there was evidence that Channon slowly suffocated.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You foreigners always go on about how banning guns will reduce crime.

Are you serious?

I'm sick of hearing it.

Your logic is broken, and needs a change.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Do you really think if the TPTB got guns banned and the stats didn't change they would just say " here's yours guns back sheep, we were wrong"? The gun ban is part of an agenda, are you blind? Or am I?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

i agree with you bud.to OP Actually if we all had more guns, there would be less crime. i mean come on lol really... would you try and robber up a house if the ppl inside had guns? would you robber a store if the guy behind it had a gun? would you attack someone on the street knowing that they have a gun? We need more Guns, and keep ppl that are mentally unstable away from them. at least 80% of ppl Don't wanna die. so if ppl had more guns ppl wouldn't commit more crimes. no one wants to die for a few bucks. Guns don't Kill ppl, ppl Kill ppl. so get rid of crazy ppl. a crazy person Could kill 60 ppl with a Truck so we all should ban trucks huh?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

No. praise the minute men!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack

Are you serious?

I'm sick of hearing it.

My logic?

We laugh at your country's ignorance.

All you provide to the world is Honey Boo-Boo and Coca-Cola.

Guns in your hands is just insane.

So, have you thought about the kids yet?

Obviously not, or you'd have no Honey Boo-Boo's and 500 lb kids.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Fix your country's problems, get everything just perfect, then you can tell us what a crap place we have. What is it with people who don't live here, some have never been here and never will, but feel free to judge what we should or should not do? You gave your guns up, great, fine for you. But, we are keeping ours. What I do for my kids is teach them gun safety, not that they are bad and should feel guilty for some monsters actions.

link   

These steps should be taken in order to prevent gun related accidents :-

*Stop illegal smuggling of guns
*Make it harder for the public to acquire guns
*Medical tests before handing guns to civilians.

It does not matter what type of gun the public is allowed to have.
Be it a shotgun or a pistol, both can kill a person.That is the reason these steps must be immediately taken.

link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity4U
reply to post by shivaX

i agree with you bud.to OP Actually if we all had more guns, there would be less crime. i mean come on lol really... would you try and robber up a house if the ppl inside had guns? would you robber a store if the guy behind it had a gun? would you attack someone on the street knowing that they have a gun? We need more Guns, and keep ppl that are mentally unstable away from them. at least 80% of ppl Don't wanna die. so if ppl had more guns ppl wouldn't commit more crimes. no one wants to die for a few bucks. Guns don't Kill ppl, ppl Kill ppl. so get rid of crazy ppl. a crazy person Could kill 60 ppl with a Truck so we all should ban trucks huh?

No.

I'd find a way to get those guns, which would be growing like fruit on trees.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Fix your country's problems, get everything just perfect, then you can tell us what a crap place we have. What is it with people who don't live here, some have never been here and never will, but feel free to judge what we should or should not do? You gave your guns up, great, fine for you. But, we are keeping ours. What I do for my kids is teach them gun safety, not that they are bad and should feel guilty for some monsters actions.

We judge you because you judge the world as if it is your own.

Most of you wouldn't even know what countries are where on our beautiful planet, anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
Do you really think if the TPTB got guns banned and the stats didn't change they would just say " here's yours guns back sheep, we were wrong"? The gun ban is part of an agenda, are you blind? Or am I?

Of course I don't, it was an obtuse example to show just how wrong your laws are.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Are you serious?

I'm sick of hearing it.

My logic?

We laugh at your country's ignorance.

All you provide to the world is Honey Boo-Boo and Coca-Cola.

Guns in your hands is just insane.

So, have you thought about the kids yet?

Obviously not, or you'd have no Honey Boo-Boo's and 500 lb kids.

Yup, I think about mine all the time. In fact, they will be getting their first handguns this year. And it sounds to me like you know way more about Honey Boo-Boo than I do since I choose to change the channel whenever crap like that comes on, that is if we're even watching TV and not at the gun range.

No prob though, if yelling at us makes you feel better about giving up yours, keep on truckin'. I'll be busy minding my own business.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The "do it for the sake of the children" meme is an overused misrepresented hyperbolic argument - usually the last in any relevant an unemotional discussion on any topic. It invokes emotion and fear into what should be a discussion based on facts and logic.

It is more overused now that its partner "the race card" is when attempting to turn the tide in the discussion of an issue. It results in a complete shutdown of any substantive discussion because of the interjection of an emotional boogieman type issue that one has to deny or fear being labeled a racist. Just like the argument of "for the children" must be answered with how much one cares or be labeled a hard hearted monster who cares little for the weakest in our society.

It is just emotional manipulation of the discourse - period.
edit on 2/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yup, I think about mine all the time. In fact, they will be getting their first handguns this year. And it sounds to me like you know way more about Honey Boo-Boo than I do since I choose to change the channel whenever crap like that comes on, that is if we're even watching TV and not at the gun range.

No prob though, if yelling at us makes you feel better about giving up yours, keep on truckin'. I'll be busy minding my own business.

I saw her/it about 10 times on the internet as a meme.

See what I mean?

Your money making culture is just a joke.

Your country is a meme.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
The "do it for the sake of the children" meme is an overused misrepresented hyperbolic argument - usually the last in any relevant an unemotional discussion on any topic. It invokes emotion and fear into what should be a discussion based on facts and logic.

It is more overused now that its partner "the race card" is when attempting to turn the tide in the discussion of an issue. It results in a complete shutdown of any substantive discussion because of the interjection of an emotional boogieman type issue that one has to deny or fear being labeled a racist. Just like the argument of "for the children" must be answered with how much one cares or be labeled a hard hearted monster who cares little for the weakest in our society.

It is just emotional manipulation of the discourse - period.
edit on 2/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

No, this is a discussion based on logic, or lack thereof.

Get rid of the weapons, and less people will die.

Remember, those killers and victims were once children, too.

Innocent as each other.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Have you ever been to my Country. Just asking, as you seem to hate it with a passion.

Des

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh and Australia is perfect right? No crime, no poverty, no inequality. No banker elite robbing you blind? No carbon tax? No racists?

I didnt think so. I've always said America should fix itself before attempting to police the world, and the same goes for the rest of you too

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join