It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defend Firearms. Defeat Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If you value your rights to hunt and to protect your family, you need to take a long hard look at John Kerrys record in the Senate.

Last week John Kerry was seen goose hunting, this was just a stunt to fool outdoorsman and hunters, his real agenda is to control your right to bear arms, plain and simple.

John Kerry Wants to Ban Guns in America.

John Kerry`s two-decade long U.S. Senate record of opposing Second Amendment rights makes him the most anti-gun presidential nominee in history! Heres the proof.

FACT: Kerry co-sponsors a bill that would ban all semi-automatic shotguns and detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles, a gigantic step toward bringing Australian-style gun control to the U.S.1

FACT: Kerry says, "I think you ought to tax all ammunition, personally, I think you ought to tax guns."2

FACT: Kerry has voted nine times in favor of banning semi-auto firearms.3

FACT: Kerry has voted for a Ted Kennedy amendment to ban most center-fire rifle ammunition, including the most common rounds used by hunters and target shooters.4

FACT: Kerry has voted to close off hundreds of thousands of acres of the California Mojave Desert to hunting.5

www.nrapvf.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I understand many like to hunt and indeed target shoot. I do not think not being able to hunt will mean their life isn't worth living. people only need guns to defend themselves with guns because other people have guns. If no-one has guns....

Gun crime is horendous in the US. Target shooting can be controlled with ease, so I do not see a ban on that. I am sure farmers will be allowed to have guns for predator control too.

I can see this turning into a pro/against gun argument.

I would like to say that if you chose a leader over whether you can have guns or not, well.....there isn't much hope in the world.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It is not a pro/against gun argument. It's about the consitution and the right to bear arms. We need to make sure that the very fundamental rights we were given by our founding fathers are kept. Kerry want's to remove that right.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Kerry does what most reps are SUPPOSED TO DO...represent their constituents. By his long tenure in the Senate, this shows he is doing just that. (or they wouldn't have re-elected him) This does not mean it is his personal view. When president, his constituents would be the entire nation, and he will then have to take the nation's views as a whole. Unlike Bush, who simply does whatever the hell he wants, Kerry has shown willingness to listen to both sides and make an informed, not rushed decision.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As it happens, I was reading the Constitution and its Amendments last night, accompanied by a commentary.

The second amendment says "well regulated militia". The commentary said that the right to bear arms is subject to certain rules. I think it all makes sense. If I amass 5 tons of fertilizer in my garage, plus 5 barrels of diesel fuel, what should my neighbors think of it? It'a a weapon allright, and I don't think it should be allowed.

Most of what I read here about Kerry's position is against things like semiauto shotties. Big deal. How crucial is it for any practical purpose? I mean it works well in Counter Strike, but apart from that...

I'm a big fan of AK47, for sentimental reasons, but I don't think it's the right kind of thing for home defense.

Bottomline -- all the gun fanatics here got carried away a little bit. There are plenty of free (free!) countries in this world that allow hunting, but where the guns are severely regulated. Does it make them less free? No.

Kerry doesn't do anything wrong on this subject.

Defend Kerry. Defeat auto shotguns.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It doesn't matter whether you, kerry, or the great hole of knowledge thinks guns are good, bad, or indifferent. The right to bear arms was written into the bill of rights for a reason. Kerry's thoughts on the subject are irelevant. As are yoursd, mine, and everyone else's. What concerns me is when they get rd of the second ammendment what right will they go after next?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
It doesn't matter whether you, kerry, or the great hole of knowledge thinks guns are good, bad, or indifferent. The right to bear arms was written into the bill of rights for a reason. Kerry's thoughts on the subject are irelevant. As are yoursd, mine, and everyone else's. What concerns me is when they get rd of the second ammendment what right will they go after next?

The Second does not explicitely prevent you from carrying 10 lbs of C4, or a mortar round. However you can't do this still. Don't you think your rights are infringed?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes I do.
The original interpertation of the constitution was that military grade weapons were what the foundng fathers ntended with the second ammendment.
The fact that I can not buy a fully functional Main Battle Tank is an infringment of my rights.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A Bushie worried about rights being taken away is a bit like Ron Jeremy preaching celibacy...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Yes I do.
The original interpertation of the constitution was that military grade weapons were what the foundng fathers ntended with the second ammendment.
The fact that I can not buy a fully functional Main Battle Tank is an infringment of my rights.

How about a thermonuclear device?

I thought myself to be infantile even at my advanced age, but you clearly beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ahhh... Everybody stop the worry. In 7 short days John Kerry will be our new president and all will be OK with everyone. The Bushies just need to give him a chance once he's in office and they will love him as much as they did Clinton.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
POINT 1 - The government is not supposed to be powerful than the people. The people should always be in a position where it can overthrow the government if it gets to corrupt.

POINT 2 - If most people owned a gun, then gun crimes would be less. I would not point a gun at someone to rob them if I knew that they most likely had a gun and might shoot me.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
POINT 1 - The government is not supposed to be powerful than the people. The people should always be in a position where it can overthrow the government if it gets to corrupt.

And how does the people determine that? Do you realize that the real power is in the media... Which is currently feeding the public a yogurt of carefully dosed truth, topped with plenty of fiction, and caters to people fears to get them to support the govt? Guns are irrelevant, in that regard.

Give me a radio network and you can have my guns

POINT 2 - If most people owned a gun, then gun crimes would be less. I would not point a gun at someone to rob them if I knew that they most likely had a gun and might shoot me.

This is silly. How come there is no too much crime in Europe, in areas with tight gun controls? The idea that I need to carry a gun to ensure my personal safety is bizarre at best. It's a nuisance.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Kerry or no man will stop me from owning a firearm. It is my sovereign right to have one if I so choose.

new topics

top topics

join