It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: "Far more gun-related killings than ANY other developed country"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Allow me to take it a step further..

I say let's disarm all the armies of the world then let's have all the world leaders settle their differences with a big game of dodge ball.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What stops a weakened Al Qaeda network from staging a head turning terrorist attack on the cheap via multiple mass shootings?

This seems like a tactic that could be easily done and come with the added psychological / typical second amendment rubber bouncing...
edit on 2-1-2013 by Propogandor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
gung ho gun fanatics remind me of hard core alcoholics in denial. if there were to be a nationwide calling for the ban of alcohol millions of alcoholics would be screaming bloody murder though the streets screaming alcohol doesent kill people cars kill people.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Yes, it is the impact of a car collision that kills not the passenger collision. Which is why drinking and driving is illegal. And not just the drinking or the driving separately.

So if you're trying to make a metaphor then sure... drinking is like a gun but the car is the bullet which is why the two shouldn't go together.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Propogandor

What prevents terrorist shootings certainly isn't their fear of guns, they strap bombs to their chests!

I'd say it's the war they'd bring upon themselves. See, a terrorist attack is reason enough for gun nuts to back up a war for retribution. Your government has used that as an excuse a thousand times already. What's it solved? What has more troops, more guns, more bombs, more destruction and more deaths solved?

Nothing.

Instead it sent you in an economic free fall which you will not soon recover from.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If 20 dead toddlers messes you up what do you think will happen when they try registration /confiscation?
We're not talking about a handful dead here we are talking a civil war.
There will not be any country AFTER that,probably a "balkanization" will happen.Look if anyone one on this board is anxious to dump the documents that MAKE us America then I have some news you need to hear.WE FOUGHT for those documents,WE ARE going to defend them and the second amendment is the ONLY REASON we are going to remain free.You don't fight with single shots,lever actions or minimized mag capacity.

I am not responsable for the crazies. You might be responsable for MAY MORE if guns recede in our country.They are waiting as we post this.I will not drop my defenses for opinion anyway,I'm NOT crazy.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
guns are a mess in the u.s and the problem needs to be addressed. my solution would be tougher restrictions and background checks to own a gun permit, get caught w a gun without the proper registration = automatic jail time.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

We never fought for anything here in Canada, we politely asked for our independence. There's absolutely no way I'll ever understand your way of doing things. You think you so much safer because of your guns? You don't even know what safe means. See most of us here in Canada leave our doors unlocked, we say hi to each other on the streets, we help the poor and we give medical assistance to all who needs it. We know what it means to be safe.

Starring down the 49th parallel I can't help but shake my head and laugh at all the things that have never changed.

Most obviously, the aggressive stance which most american opt for. Should you be reminded that the only time we had to defend ourselves against you we ended up eating your president's dinner then proceeded to burning your white house to the ground.

So don't talk to us about being safe and don't talk to us about defending ourselves, we know more about it than you ever will.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Cocasinpry because: typo

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
guns are a mess in the u.s and the problem needs to be addressed. my solution would be tougher restrictions and background checks to own a gun permit, get caught w a gun without the proper registration = automatic jail time.

You mean like what already occurs?

Background checks for purchases from FFL's are mandatory.

Mandatory minimum for being caught in possession of a firearm when you are prohibited by law from possessing a firearm is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

More than half the time these "tougher law" calls are calling for laws that already exist.
edit on 2-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Apparently I know FAR MORE about it than you,I have been to war,so my combat pedigree is assured.
This isn't 1812 and as far as I know Canada walks beside us so you are essentially moot here aren't you,Thank you for your opinion though,it is amusing.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
reply to post by ldyserenity

You can shoot 1000 bolts per minute with a crossbow? lol.. sure.
And bombs? Sure.. but those already exist. I'm pretty sure the reason more of these psychopaths don't use them is because they aren't sold at every corner store like all your guns are.

Actually....it would be possible to make a automatic crossbow if you had the cash to engineer one. And guns are not sold in every corner store. They may be easy to get but not that easy.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

As I said I don't see much of a difference.
We still don't lock our doors and we don't feel the need to own M4 carbines like you do.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

gung ho gun fanatics remind me of hard core alcoholics in denial. if there were to be a nationwide calling for the ban of alcohol millions of alcoholics would be screaming bloody murder though the streets screaming alcohol doesent kill people cars kill people.

Somehow you actually managed to throw in a non-sequitur, straw man, red herring and ad hoc, ergo propter hoc all into one of the stupidest analogies to ever grace ATS. Man, you must have worked on that for days. I've never seen so many fallacies committed in a single statement!

As soon as you come up with a plan to eliminate mankind's penchant for violence, we can have a serious discussion. Until then, go back to the land where unicorn's crap candy corn from the rainbow filled skies and rivers run rich with grape koolaid. The rest of us here in REALITY will continue to acknowledge that Utopia doesn't exist, evil does and EVERYONE has a right to protect themselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Been there, done that... the courts don't enforce the existing laws and the prison system lets convicted murderers and robbers out. What do you think is going to happen?

The guy in NY who shot and killed those 2 firemen was sentenced to jail for killing his grandmother with a hammer. He served just over 10 years and was released. yes... RELEASED after being convicted of murder. This is due largely to liberal courts and liberal pressure on "Rehabilitation". Statistics have demonstrated millions of times that those convicted of those types of crimes go on to commit similar, or worse, types of crimes upon release. Another example of FAILED liberal policy.

So what is their answer? More laws, more restrictions on the law abiding, and more policies that put the public at risk! Liberals refuse to address the REAL problem and simply use faulty logic that creates more problems.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

As I said I don't see much of a difference.
We still don't lock our doors and we don't feel the need to own M4 carbines like you do.

How quaint... when you live in the middle of the woods. I've been to Toronto... people lock their doors!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by lolita64
Is it me or since the shooting a bunch of gun control shills have appeared on message boards all over the place?

OP, how much the government is paying you for your treasonous propaganda?

Yeah because people that disagree with you must be "shills". How much are gun companies paying you?

Hmm no. Either you live in the US and support the constitution or you GTFO. Simple as that.

Pushing to overturn the constitution is treasonous as it should be. Don't like the constitution? MOVE ELSEWHERE. It ain't difficult.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

in your opinion what is the real problem? imo idiots and criminals that shouldnt be walking around with guns in the first place are the problem.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The REAL problem is that liberals don't have the backbone to enforce the laws that they demand be created in the first place. It is all just a slow creep to deeper and more draconian laws. They demanded background checks - they got 'em. Yet, many states allow for HUGE loopholes, like the gunshow loophole and private sales loophole. Go after those! They demanded a mandatory minimum sentence for use of a gun in crimes, but rarely is the full penalty implemented. Why? Because the liberals claim that imprisoning someone for so long is unfair - they can be rehabilitated. In fact, liberal policies have actually created a situation where sentences for violent crimes have DECREASED over the past 30 years. Capital Punishment is off the table in most states.

When criminals don't fear the long arm of the law, what is there to keep them in line??? Liberals actually believe that restricting law-abiding citizen's rights somehow fix these problems??? It is IDIOCY at its pinnacle!!!

ETA: I don't think anyone disagrees that idiots and criminals shouldn't have guns, but they do and history has shown that NO GUN LAW has succeeded in changing that. Not in Australia, the UK, Mexico, Chicago, DC or ANYWHERE there are gun prohibitions or restrictions. FACT! Lax gun laws have contributed to not only the decline in crimes committed with guns - it reduces crime altogether. Why? An armed society is a polite society!
edit on 2-1-2013 by kozmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

NO, it is a symptom.We walked away from each other,family, community, we isolated ourselves to point this madness is now the norm.
I saw this coming when more mothers started killing their own children,no doubt because the fathers weren't there to stop them,but hey they're doing it too.Sometimes just so they can party.
Fix that and the rest will fix itself.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Allow me to take it a step further..

I say let's disarm all the armies of the world then let's have all the world leaders settle their differences with a big game of dodge ball.

And then the one guy who picks up a rock wins. We've kind of been through this before, since the dawn of mankind.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join