It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High capacity cats banned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Turns out 2013 will be unlucky for cat lovers in Wellington, Kan., where the city is restricting the number of cats in a household to no more than four.

Because a few lunatics went nuts with high capacity cats everyone else has to suffer a legislative act:

The law was put in place after 231 cats were sent to animal clinics in 2012, Wellington Police Chief Tracy Heath told the Wellington Daily News.

The million dollar question, would a lunatic animal hoarder obey the law or just horde animals anyway?

link
edit on 2-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: fixed "one" claim

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The article doesn't say anything about one person hoarding 231 cats.

It was 231 cats all together that were sent to the animal clinics.

There are probably animal cruelty laws there anyway, which kind of makes this redundant.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thank you for starting my day with a laugh. I thought you made a typo. Crazy Cat Ladies will never give in to this. I can't wait until they start inteviewing them on TV. Get ready to see Margaret with wild hair in a Moo-Moo smoking a cigarette ready to die for her plethora of cats.
edit on 1/2/1313 by 1MrMarc because: wanted to use the word plethora

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
The article doesn't say anything about one person hoarding 231 cats.

It was 231 cats all together that were sent to the animal clinics.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

Okay, I misread and I'll fix, so what does that change? It's still a sweeping piece of legislation covering 90% of households who did not contribute to that 231 number?

Why not institute a town wide lock-down during overcast skies because a golfer gets hit by lighting every once in a while?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
4 seems a bit low, though anything above 10 is indeed obsessive. 6-8 sounds purrrrfect.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I lived with a family who had at one point 7 cats. They were all really well looked after. The only thing that made their house a bit whiffy was that one of the cats had cancer and so quite often passed loose and bloody offerings into a tray in the bathroom.
The cats were also all fixed, and quite independent, so many of them didn't spend much time indoors.

I think if you're going to regulate having more than a few cats, it should be ensured that the cats are all fixed, to prevent more kittens being born.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Surely the second amendment to the mad cat woman constitution states the right to have as many cats as it states

A well regulated Mat Cattery, being necessary to the security of a free woman, the right of the people to keep and bear Cats, shall not be infringed.

They can have my cats when they take it from my cold dead hands

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Cats don't breed more cats, people breed more cats...er.....no wait a minute....

Cats are inanimate objects and.....er.....no that's not true......

Here we go, when they came for the cats, I didn't say anything because I was not a cat.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
when they came for the cats, I didn't say anything because I was not a cat.

I was actually thinking along the same lines... cats now - what next?

4 cats isn't much. I only got two, due to size of house and finances, I would love to have more if I had the space and the money. Cats rock!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Surely it would make more sense to establish a programme to educate on responsible cat ownership.When/If that particlar piece of legislation comes into force how many more abandoned cats will there be from households who have more than 4 cats?
Do legislators have even an ounce of common sense these days?....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The million dollar question, would a lunatic animal hoarder obey the law or just horde animals anyway?

There's no doubt about it. When cats are outlawed. Only outlaws will have cats.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Imagine the black market cat exchange that will crop up?

We'll see cats smuggled in from neighboring towns and states. We'll see cats stuffed into trunks of cars sold in dark alleys un-newtered, un-spayde, no vaccinations, people afraid to seek veterinary care, etc...

Driving the cat trade underground wont be good for the cats.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I have 3 cats so I will be guilty as charged.

Yes,anyone trying to take my babies[cats] from me will have to
pry them from my cold,dead hands.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

OMFG!

What a hairy furball of a situation.

Awww, The Paw Cats.

What kind of caliber of high capacity cats are being discussed here?

And are there any restrictions of R.O.F like Fully Purring or Semeow Automatic?

Because I have always wanted a fully loaded high capacity semeow automatic Liger from the catalogs but I haven't got the lions share to catagorically aquire one .. I suppose I will just have to cheetah it instead. :shk:

It seems obvious to me this a criminal feliney on behalf of the zoo-like council utilizing a cat-o-nine tails approach to claw back power.

BTW and just to be catty ... the real Death toll was 2079.

Personal Disclosure: LOL, does a cat have your tongue?

Because it takes a lot of curiosity to kill the 231 cats when they each have 9 lives.

And now the council will be in a bit of a cat fight over this. :bash:

Such a terrible catastrophy.

edit on 2-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edit to alter emoticon bbcode.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Oh the humanity! It's a real CATastrophe!

Only on ATS....
Thanks for a laugh to start the day!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have had at the most 3 cats at one time and that was plenty. Imagine all the litter box changes with 4 or more? And how many of those people are truly changing the boxes as needed and caring properly for that amount? I'm sure there are responsible pet owners who do, but most hoarders do not properly care for their pets.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I have had at the most 3 cats at one time and that was plenty. Imagine all the litter box changes with 4 or more? And how many of those people are truly changing the boxes as needed and caring properly for that amount? I'm sure there are responsible pet owners who do, but most hoarders do not properly care for their pets.

Sadly, the cat hoarders that I have had contact with honestly think that they are helping the cats,the worst case was one woman and her daughter who both had learning difficulties had 27 cats,8 of which were pregnant.there was cat waste everywhere and the smell was truly horrific,unfortunately the cats had not been well cared for and all of them had to have immediate veterinary care for a variety of conditions from badly matted fur to severe malnutrition,fortunately none had to be euthanised and they were all placed in loving foster homes(the 8 pregnant cats eventually gave birth to litters ranging from 3 to 6 beautiful kittens).
The point was though that when the SSPCA took the cats away,the two women were heartbroken,as they thought they were helping,the cats were all strays,it really broke my heart too,but of course the welfare of the cats had to come first.

That's why I really feel strongly about educational programmes for potential cat(and indeed any animal) keepers.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

There's no doubt about it. When cats are outlawed. Only outlaws will have cats.

I had to let you know your comic genius never fails to entertain me in particular.

top topics

join