It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's still 2012 in the Julian calendar. This section of ATS must survive a few more days!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well, some people are asking for the 2012 section of ATS to be removed already.

But I think it's too early. You must give it a few more days, since it's STILL 2012 in the Julian calendar (that one that was used before the Gregorian calendar, and that is still used by Orthodox Russians to celebrate Christmas).

The Julian calendar is 13 days behind the Gregorian calendar, so, that means today is December 20, 2012, in the Julian calendar.

Let's give 11 more days of live to this section of ATS!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Well. So the 21st is coming back to haunt us, lol.
Anyway, just clear this up for me, please: The whole Mayan long count calendar coming to an end of its cycle, is based on the winter solstice no matter where it falls on any more recent calendar, right?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You remind me of Jesse Jackson: "Keep Hope Alive!"

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much

...or Karl Rove on Election Night.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

...or Karl Rove on Election Night.

I will never forget that night! The look on that carpetbagger's face! However, most 2012ers are good people and I would rather place them with Jackson (he's not perfect) then that war profiteer.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

"While there's life, there's hope"

(Marcus Tullius Cicero)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
"When its January 2nd 2012, there isn't"

Me

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yeah right, like the Mayans really knew a lot about the Julian and Gregorian calendars. Wasn't it sun, moon and/or seasons and the like back then.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eliseadh
Yeah right, like the Mayans really knew a lot about the Julian and Gregorian calendars. Wasn't it sun, moon and/or seasons and the like back then.

The Mayans have nothing to do with all this mess!!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The Julian calendar is 13 days behind the Gregorian calendar, so, that means today is December 20, 2012, in the Julian calendar.

Julian calendar is just as arbitrary and artificial, contract-based 'decision' as the gregorian calendar.

Why would you think that's the definite calendar?

Have you ever heard of lunar calendar? That's the calendar that the NATURE and the planet follows. Lunar calendar is the TRUE calendar, it is based on nature, not on some half-animal's arbitrary definitions. Lunar calendar makes more sense, and 'syncs' with the nature perfectly. It's spring in the nature exactly when lunar calendar says it is, it's winter exactly when lunar calendar says it is, etc.

If you have trouble realizing what I mean, try seeing the world with more layers than the physical. If you start observing so-called "reality" from larger perspective and with the esoteric viewpoint taken into account, with changes of the etheric and astral plane and their effects together with the physical changes (the consequence of those effects), you can start seeing what I am talking about. When you add astronomy and astrology into the mix, and remember some of the wisdom of the Ancients, you can be shocked about how inaccurate both the julian and the gregorian calendars are.

Lunar calendar says that the year 2013 won't come until 9th of February.

Ask the people with thousands of years of cultural wisdom still seeping through their daily, modern, materialistic lives... they know when the year REALLY changes.

edit on 4-1-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'll keep my iphone and you can keep your ancient wisdom. I'll take indoor plumbing and central heating while you can recite the laws of Manu. Pray tell, what is this ancient wisdom?

By the way, the solstice passed.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The 2012 forum should be left active as a reminder to how gullible some people are..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

Originally posted by eliseadh

The Mayans have nothing to do with all this mess!!

You are right, the Mayans don't. The new-agers have done what the Spanish did many years ago: lied about that amazing civilization to suit their agenda.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok this thread is just pathetic. Give it a rest. Nothing happened on December 21 2012. You got suckered by the crazy talk. Move on. By the way they were using the Mayan calendar. The date on the Mayan calendar mentioned is December 21 2013. The winter solstice. It would still happen if it were to on any calendar on the solstice. So your argument is just sad. Really hope you didn't sink money into the whole 2912 doomsday thing.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
The date on the Mayan calendar mentioned is December 21 2013. The winter solstice. It would still happen if it were to on any calendar on the solstice.

2013?

So your argument is just sad. Really hope you didn't sink money into the whole 2912 doomsday thing.

2912?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It is 2013 now!? One learns something new everyday....every single day. Now that we have entered the 5th dimension w are learning every single hour. The Matreya's effulgence has impregnated the earth which will pop out Quetzocoatl at any moment with lava and ash as afterbirth!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Damned iPhone auto correct. I ment 2012. See it just did it again and it's too much of a pain to go back and fix. But for all intensive purposes yeah, 2013,2129, 2,000,000ad. Any one of those dates would be clung to by the 2012 believers.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Ok this thread is just pathetic. Give it a rest. Nothing happened on December 21 2012. You got suckered by the crazy talk. Move on. By the way they were using the Mayan calendar. The date on the Mayan calendar mentioned is December 21 2013. The winter solstice. It would still happen if it were to on any calendar on the solstice. So your argument is just sad. Really hope you didn't sink money into the whole 2912 doomsday thing.

And what is NOT pathetic in this world?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

Julian calendar is just as arbitrary and artificial, contract-based 'decision' as the gregorian calendar.

Why would you think that's the definite calendar?

Have you ever heard of lunar calendar? That's the calendar that the NATURE and the planet follows. Lunar calendar is the TRUE calendar, it is based on nature, not on some half-animal's arbitrary definitions. Lunar calendar makes more sense, and 'syncs' with the nature perfectly. It's spring in the nature exactly when lunar calendar says it is, it's winter exactly when lunar calendar says it is, etc.

If you have trouble realizing what I mean, try seeing the world with more layers than the physical. If you start observing so-called "reality" from larger perspective and with the esoteric viewpoint taken into account, with changes of the etheric and astral plane and their effects together with the physical changes (the consequence of those effects), you can start seeing what I am talking about. When you add astronomy and astrology into the mix, and remember some of the wisdom of the Ancients, you can be shocked about how inaccurate both the julian and the gregorian calendars are.

Lunar calendar says that the year 2013 won't come until 9th of February.

Ask the people with thousands of years of cultural wisdom still seeping through their daily, modern, materialistic lives... they know when the year REALLY changes.

edit on 4-1-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

Are you talking about that "lunar cycle" theory based on the FALSE PREMISE that the "lunar year" has 13 months of 28 days?

It's a FALSE PREMISE, since it's NOT TRUE that one cycle of the moon takes 28 days.

One cycle of the moon takes 29 days 12 hours 44 minutes and 3 seconds. As you can see, 29 days and a half is NOT the same thing as 28 days...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Now you can close this forum.

top topics

join