Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Brisbane re-entry of something

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right spot but.....

Bout 5:30 today in Brisbane Australia I saw something weird. I haven't found an explanation and I really shoulda taken a photo but I stared at it until it went beyond the horizon.

I initially thought it was a sky writing plane but the trail didn't last and it followed the object. About 15mins I could see it and the tail got smaller and the speed slowed.

I've got no doubt it was something from space, I'm assuming it was either a meteorite or fallen satellite or something like that. Just curious if anyone knows what it was or what the best place to find out would be.

Probably nothing, but the tail was very spread out like \|/ which seemed very weird. it was basically an elongated V going across the sky. I've recently watched some NASA stuff and it made me think of how a blunt front for a re-entry object works better.

I'm a tinfoil hat wearer for sure, but since it's 5hrs later and no death rays I don't think we're in danger.

Just wanna know where to find out what it was.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Check here maybe somebody else saw it to
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.ca...

or here
www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thats 5:30 in the afternoon?

And you say it took 15 minutes to cross the sky?
Thats far too long for a satellite, or a reentering object, or meteor, but you did say it left a trail.

This news article from a whole month ago says that Brisbane doesnt normally get aircraft contrails, so maybe it was just an unusual one that wasnt similar to any you'd seen before.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the quick response.

Definitely 15mins or so 10 at least, It was 2 cigarettes and a guy coming into my driveway had to beep at me to get my attention to move out of the way.

Wouldn't times depend on the angle tho?

I've seen meteorites or something like that before but they have long thin tails. Don't know much about the whole trails thing tho.

The V trail just doesn't make sense to me.

I've checked a few of the brisbane astronomer websites but they don't exactly have their finger on the pulse.

I'll keep lookin. Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
And yeah, bout 5:30PM

\ \ | / /
\ | /
\/

It looked like that but stayed consistent, no long trail slowly dissipating. Definitely not a plane. I watched a plane fly past and wondered if the people in the plane noticed it but it was probably above them.

If it was a plane they wouldn't allow another one that close, Of course my knowledge of flight control is limited to 911 and breaking bad so could be very wrong. I'm in the city and planes go over constantly, all I could see was a trail, couldn've been a plane.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Quadrantid Meteor Shower is all I've got so far. Maybe a bit early?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krahzeef_Ukhar
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Quadrantid Meteor Shower is all I've got so far. Maybe a bit early?

From your description in the OP it sounds like a contrail following a plane, nothing incoming from space would take 10-15 min to cross the sky and if it slowed would give the impression of some type of control. A meteorite or crashing deb re of a satellite would interact with the atmosphere and with enough velocity would have created a fire ball and fallen quite quickly.

new topics

join