It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second American Revolution thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm not advocating a violent revolution. Just discussing one. Change should be fought with words before using violence, sometimes we have to endure a bit of bullsh*t to make change, ask MLK.

A violent revolution in would result in extreme blood shed on both sides. I don't think anyone has any doubts as far as that goes. We'd be fighting our brothers and sisters too, we shouldn't be at war with them. We should be going to outings together, not fighting. I don't think anyone wants to be in a war with their neighbors so to speak (let alone war with anyone). There is no organization amongst those who would be fighting for liberty either, without organization it's doubtful a war could be won. If it was then it would probably be split into different colonies for a long time. I heard an argument that the NRA could help organize but personally I don't see the NRA supporting a "revolution" unless it's already under war. Then there's the aspect of any country that has beef with the US could see the war as an opportunity to invade. The chances of that are more than likely low but still it's a possibility. However I don't see LE or Military siding with Government if they see a large movement of people. Most members of the military I met are Liberty lovers too and would fight and die for that Liberty even if it means going against the Governing power

If you really care about Liberty start organizing with others on the same page as you, start spreading the word online and offline, contacting politicians, start giving people the real info instead of the main stream media bull#. This was more of a rambling thread and just kind of spilling of my thoughts.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts."
~ Abraham Lincoln
edit on 2-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: added violent to first sentence.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Preacher76

becarefull what you say around here, they ARE watching u, every post u make goes into a file, be wary, but keep fighting the good fight

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Preacher76
I'm not advocating a violent revolution. Just discussing one. Change should be fought with words before using violence

Given that the overwhelming vast majority of people who voted in the last Presidential just went along with same old standard ReDempubliocracant candidates, I dont see that the American people have shown themselves to be ready for change, let alone revolution.

Maybe in the future, but not yet.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I'm not advocating a violent revolution. Just discussing one. Change should be fought with words before using violence

Given that the overwhelming vast majority of people who voted in the last Presidential just went along with same old standard ReDempubliocracant candidates, I dont see that the American people have shown themselves to be ready for change, let alone revolution.

That statement brings me to the comment about giving the info and the Lincoln Quote. Right now, most of them are misinformed and believe the Government is there to help them. We need to get the info out there and people will start deciding what side they're on.

Edit, a good book to recommend to people about the Political parties is Democrips and Rebloodblicans by Jesse Ventura.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: Edit

Edit #2, Off topic but what is a flag?
edit on 2-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Human Beings are dichotomous creatures. We exist in conflict, we are never at rest.
Race is irrelevant........
Gender is irrelevant.......
Age is irrelevant.......
It is the conflict that is relevant.
As a species we seek the singularity; peace. bliss, truth.......
We disagree on the means to that end.
Of course there will be a revolution.
But when?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I am sorry son, did you say "second redneck revolution" ? My hearing is not the best you know.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Edit #2, Off topic but what is a flag?

If you mean that thing down in the lower left corner, its a measure of popularity of a thread.
If people like your thread they can "flag" it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Everyone who has taken an oath to protect us from enemies both foreign and domestic has failed.

America was lost under your watch.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spock51
Human Beings are dichotomous creatures. We exist in conflict, we are never at rest.
Age is irrelevant.......
But when?

The vast majority wish to be left to decide for themselves how to live. This sort of strife has existed forever among us. Many are simply resigned to the position that no matter what happens or who wins, their lot shall be the same. Motovating these people to action will be challenging. But they CAN be moved and history teaches us that when THEY move, so does the world.
Once they are comvinced that this government is the antithesis of the singularity they subconciously seek, they will act.
How does one reach them?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Age is irrelevant.......
But when?

The vast majority wish to be left to decide for themselves how to live. This sort of strife has existed forever among us. Many are simply resigned to the position that no matter what happens or who wins, their lot shall be the same. Motovating these people to action will be challenging. But they CAN be moved and history teaches us that when THEY move, so does the world.
Once they are comvinced that this government is the antithesis of the singularity they subconciously seek, they will act.
How does one reach them?

I've found just talking to them, there are some people that won't care about it until we're in Marshall law. Just talk to them, find a site or make a site with facts, documents, stats, history, etc and hand out cards with the address on them at businesses in your area. It will spark conversation, people will go to it, and overall just informing them. Information is key, without it nothing can happen or will.

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

becarefull what you say around here, they ARE watching u, every post u make goes into a file, be wary, but keep fighting the good fight

And who might be they?
edit on 2-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: Added reply to other comment

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

I am sorry son, did you say "second redneck revolution" ? My hearing is not the best you know.

I don't agree with the OP but he prefaced this with regard to a discussion. You just couldn't pass up the opportunity to show your disgust for those who think differently than you. Grow up, join the adults and discuss the ideas and points rather than trying to be witty -- because you aren't good at it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I recommend that you read as much on the American Revolution you can get your hands on. Not so much for validation of dates and events. But the why and how is interesting.

We were fighting against heavy taxing from england. The French, wanting the colonies for their own, were supporting the Americans. England was taxing every move of goods. Import. Export. Homes. Land. It was unreasonable to the colonists who had, for nearly 100 years, managed to carve out a life in what was wild country. An entire generation had grown never seeing the Queen.

Tea was of particular interest. Tea wasn't grown in the US. We bought it from England, who had their own troubles with rumor, fashion, and royalty. One night a handful of individuals dumped the load in Boston Harbor as an act of defiance.

Gentlemen Farmers like retired officer George Washington, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were interested in separating from England in peaceful fashion. The war wasn't a violent war for nearly two years. Washington caused more collateral deaths simply moving troops around Virginia in winter than were lost in battle in the same time. Americans were hemorrhaging money and men for Freedom. England was oblivious.

A Revolt against what we see as over taxation doenst have to start violent. In point of fact, we have as a Free People already started it with the current Tea Party. As well as OWS.

We the People have a history to be written for the future. Will it be the end of the United part of the United States? Or the beginning of a more over bearing and slave driven community? Something More? Or nothing Less than give me liberty or give me Death?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Revolutions are started when people are being crushed under the the weight of hunger or poverty. Life in the US is better than is has ever been. If people were not revolting when you had to a white male with land to vote then I am pretty sure they are not anywhere near where they need to be now.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I am NOT advocating a Revolution but there is a part of me that doesnt like a potential future confrontation being framed in advance as the "Second Civil War" (even with the Senator from Illinois being characterized as the next Abraham Lincoln). The Union (Federalists) sought to create the moral authority by putting the union of the USA above the several states that formed it and by opposing the issue of slavery. As society becomes even more collectivized it will be harder for individuals and states to assert their rights against the Federal Government (who will attempt to hijack the moral high ground by defending us against the terrorists, yes even the domestic ones).

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I recommend that you read as much on the American Revolution you can get your hands on. Not so much for validation of dates and events. But the why and how is interesting.

We were fighting against heavy taxing from england. The French, wanting the colonies for their own, were supporting the Americans. England was taxing every move of goods. Import. Export. Homes. Land. It was unreasonable to the colonists who had, for nearly 100 years, managed to carve out a life in what was wild country. An entire generation had grown never seeing the Queen.

Tea was of particular interest. Tea wasn't grown in the US. We bought it from England, who had their own troubles with rumor, fashion, and royalty. One night a handful of individuals dumped the load in Boston Harbor as an act of defiance.

Gentlemen Farmers like retired officer George Washington, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were interested in separating from England in peaceful fashion. The war wasn't a violent war for nearly two years. Washington caused more collateral deaths simply moving troops around Virginia in winter than were lost in battle in the same time. Americans were hemorrhaging money and men for Freedom. England was oblivious.

A Revolt against what we see as over taxation doenst have to start violent. In point of fact, we have as a Free People already started it with the current Tea Party. As well as OWS.

We the People have a history to be written for the future. Will it be the end of the United part of the United States? Or the beginning of a more over bearing and slave driven community? Something More? Or nothing Less than give me liberty or give me Death?

Well written synopsis and I might add. The 13 colonies had made formal grievances to the Crown of England for about 10 years with no satisfactory (in their minds) results.

The Brits/crown decided that the colonies were getting out of hand and the tax collectors were occasionally being shot at so it was decided to disarm the colonies and have control of all the Armories. It appears that was the straw that broke the old camels back and got a real shooting war started. Some of the people back then were not stupid and figured Great Briton enforced their laws with force of arms and the only way to oppose any force is with an opposite and equal force. They already had the "big picture" and even knew where it was hung....in the house of world events.

For those who believe they will head to the woods with their Daddy's hunting rifle and defeat TPTB; good luck you will be dead in short order. Even in my long ago patriotic war we had buttons to make people disappear; there might be a few who will hold out until hunger and cold/heat takes the fight out of them. Supplies win a war and those who are fed have the energy and stamina.

So there will not be a revolution IMO where the Reds and the Blues make lines and go toe to toe. There might be small groups fighting but the day they go against TPTB's military toe to toe without air support they will lose. Guerrilla warfare works as has been demonstrated countless times but even the Viet Cong were finally made to keep their heads down or be wiped out. With today's NSA abilities it becomes very problematic for any cell or group to communicate and organize some type of resistance. Most terrorist we hear today are supplied and controlled by some alphabet governmental agency used to make the headlines and entrap; appears to have been the case over these last few years. .

There is always the possibility that some small organized group will go for the heads of the beast and are willing to die for their cause. That gives all people in power pause for the cause so they surround themselves with what they believe appropriate security even in peace time. Lone Wolf type anarchist drives them crazy as it should.

If people get hungry enough and lose their earthly possessions everything changes at that point. But we are not there yet and may we all hope it never gets that bad. I read someplace (?) the grocery stores will have food but many and most will not be able to afford a loaf of bread; or was that Germany long long ago?....TPTB keep spending a printing money that may happen sooner than anyone can imagine; let's hope not...If that does happen then all bets are off.
Personally, myself and most all the people I know just want to be left alone to pursue life, liberty, and their idea of happiness; a life lived without problems is a life better lived than one with drama, drama, drama.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

One more tiny tidbit:

Those of us who have used the Internet for ANY personal searches for just personal education; well certain websites, word searches and conspiracy surfing souls (like ANY one that reads this). Your personal info that has ever been posted anywhere (SS#, taxes, easy electronic banking). We can be seen at a moments notice. ALL electronic communications that use radio waves are free to tap, no writ has ever been needed to tap wireless communications. Make no mistake--we are reviewed by alphabets.

But every soul who has read my crap has a family. And taxes of their own to pay.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

what I dont get about some people is the attitude of "I just realized how screwed we are, and I want to immediately have it all fixed, NOW"

Like junkies that walk into detox clinics when they have that hour of clarity and decide to get treatment. They then get pissed off for having to wait in line, and go nuts when the nurse tells them that they have to come back tomorrow to be admitted. They can get pissed if they want but if they are serious about their commitment, then they can wait one more night.

I see people getting all hyper for change when they have been dormant and complacent for their whole lives. What is another 10 years of trying for actual democracy compared to the life time of auto pilot.

When people are ready to play deep strategy and make life long commitments to their beliefs, we will see change. If they are retards that just make signs and scream about the 1%, then they are just being lazy in their "proactive works".

You really want to make a change? Then get educated, get involved in politics and turn the whore house into your temple. You cant make it in that game? Then make as much money as you can, network like hell, and BUY yourself a few politicians that will represent your views.

That is what is required. Asking or demanding anything is at best a short term solution until everything you achieve is overturned later. It is checkers to their chess. We have not yet had a generation of well informed, and active people who practice real democracy. We still rely on asking or demanding things of our representatives instead of becoming or making them ourselves. That or worse, we elect them and then walk away, only to return when things are bad to assign blame.

We need to play a deep strategy chess game. We can not play like it was checkers. Be patient and plot plan and conspire like your opponents have for centuries. It is a long haul ride. Educate your kids, make circles of friends which will do the same and keep it as quiet as possible. Network it all and establish pockets of like minded people who take baby steps on a local level.

I return to the analogy of the junkie looking for a quick fix or immediate treatment. We need to take this one "night" at a time and the next day keep our resolve as strong as that breaking point.

This is war already. The resolve needed is that of a warrior. The determination and perseverance needed is like that of a soldier. If you lack mental discipline and spirit you will not take yourself seriously and neither will your enemy.

Fly under the radar and complete stage one. Educate yourself like a soldier trains. Then when you are armed and skilled, then fight your battles. Fight with the whole war in mind. Dont be a junkie scratching and twitching in line to detox thinking how impossible it all is. Be the warrior spirit that smiles at his enemy and returns the next day, and the next with unyielding spirit. Be your war.

This is a life long commitment. Do you enlist?
Is this your war? Will you fight? Then use your head and you might just do some damage. Use your heart as well and you might just win a few battles. Unite your brothers and nothing will stop you.

Forget the revolution with weapons. Learn the war of spirit. Learn to make your words and thoughts like cannons you fire from your heart. Make your wit into the cold tempered steal that cuts through the enemy. Your mind is the resplendent sword of the eternal warrior of heart. The complete weapon. Warrior and mind as one.

Let your armor be as thick as the devils scales. Let nothing hurt you so much you can not carry on. Let nothing be so small that it does not move your soul.

Learn, teach, and when you are ready, DO. Doing does not need or call for blood shed. It is not the killing of your enemies. It calls for true living by you. Victory. That takes time. Hows the rest of your life and that of the generations to follow you? Is that enough?

edit on 2-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Exactly. ATS, in addition to nearly any large platform that promotes alternative thought, probably has a whole nsa team that monitors the site. At the very least this site has computer programs monitoring the forum for certain key words

Keep in mind a few months ago, a fbi agent visited a young teenager because he had a picture of someone in a Guy Fawks mask during a classroom presentation. They are terrified of informed citizens having any thought different from the status quo.

Posters should be careful their posts can't be construed by corrupt feds as a call for violence.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
Or nothing Less than give me liberty or give me Death?

Liberty is something I will aspire to gain my entire life, true liberty. If that means death, then so be it.

Originally posted by grownshow

Exactly. ATS, in addition to nearly any large platform that promotes alternative thought, probably has a whole nsa team that monitors the site. At the very least this site has computer programs monitoring the forum for certain key words

Keep in mind a few months ago, a fbi agent visited a young teenager because he had a picture of someone in a Guy Fawks mask during a classroom presentation. They are terrified of informed citizens having any thought different from the status quo.

Posters should be careful their posts can't be construed by corrupt feds as a call for violence.

"“Truth is treason in the empire of lies.”" Ron Paul

The Government fears people who think differently because they might inspire people to look past the lies of politicians speeches and main stream media's lies. Anyone who doesn't believe the lie of the state is an enemy of the state because they threaten the Governments propaganda. I wouldn't doubt a computer monitoring this site for keywords and then agents processing them or any site for that matter. They've done it before, and still do it. I won't be bullied with the prospect of being monitored, being investigated, or worse into not speaking my mind or spreading news.

Edit, I just wanted to let everyone know I'm enjoying reading their replies and to thank you all for commenting. Glad to see my first thread on ATS has sparked up a nice conversation.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The real change happens when people are willing to change themselves...We are all part of the problem as well as we can be a part of the solution...Our existing system and our governments are mostly made of people like me and you (except of course the super elite on the very top) We didn't order them from Mars! ...So next time you are thinking of a change,start from changing yourself....I know it is hard but sooner we do it easier it will be to deal with.It is already too late,the drug has overtaken 80 percent of our minds...But there is always hope, if there is a will.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join