It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Republican Says "Country Must Come Before Party"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I get attacked all the time by stepford people who accuse me of not being a Republican. I guess they just can't comprehend that sometimes the good of the nation comes before the good of a party. In the last 4 years, I have seen the GOP devolve into complete corruption. Until it cleans up its act, I will not support its candidates. I am not alone. There are a mulitude of reasonable Republicans out there who feel the same way.

It's time to elect a leader who will be everyone's president. That man is not George W. Bush.

Texas Republican Says "Country Must Come Before Party"
By Mitch Dworkin
Republicans for Kerry

Sunday 10 October 2004

The Republican Party as well as America needs a return to mainstream leadership.

Country must come before party. We need a president who can admit to making mistakes and bad decisions, a president who can unite this country and restore credibility back to the White House and to our allies who are now alienated from this Administration, and a president who is fiscally responsible and is in touch with the economic burdens of middle class Americans.

Enormous tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans who make over $200,000 per year in a time of war and when the middle class is suffering from job losses, increased costs in health care and education, and record high deficits is not exercising fiscal responsibility and is also clearly not compassionate or conservative.

President Bush does not embody and practice true compassionate and conservative values as he claims. He and most of his administration represent an extreme faction of the Republican Party and are out of touch with the American people and our world allies who once respected us.

A president who while in debate with agreed upon rules who will not directly answer the question that is put to him "President Bush, please give three instances when you think you made a bad decision, and what you did to correct it" and who in one incident interrupts the moderator of the presidential debate three times, changes the moderator's question, and then says on his own without permission from the moderator "You tell Tony Blair we're going alone..." does not have the temperament to lead the Republican Party or this great nation. That is especially true when our countrymen and women are shouldering 88.5% of the costs and casualties in Iraq due to this president's inability to work with the United Nations.

The truth is non-partisan and the truth according to a federal report released last week is that economically we are worse-off than we were before President Bush took office with this president being the first president in 72 years to lose net jobs. The truth according to the CIA is that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq which was the basis of President Bush starting a unilateral and preemptive war without a sufficient coalition, an exit strategy, and a plan to win the peace. The truth is that President Bush ran in 2000 as a candidate who would be a uniter as opposed to a divider and this country has never been more partisan in the last 22 years according to John McCain and even VP Dick Cheney admitted to this division in his debate with John Edwards.

There is a growing movement of Republicans called "Republicans for Kerry" who are moving away from President Bush and his extreme policies. It is a difficult and painful move for many Republicans who have never before considered voting for a Democrat, but they know that it will be even more painful if they have to endure another four years of the Bush Administration's out of the mainstream policies.

The Republican Party and the country needs new leadership! Senator John Kerry is running a mainstream campaign of fiscal responsibility, he has demonstrated that he can work well with people and can unite people of differing opinions, and he can admit to making mistakes.

Country must come before party. Republicans of conscience should vote for John Kerry on November 2 so that this country will once again be stronger at home and respected in the world.
www.truthout.org...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information on Republicans for Kerry 04.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Sorry, can't trust this source, it's to biased, come back when you have information from a real site that has real news.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Sorry, can't trust this source, it's to biased, come back when you have information from a real site that has real news.

When you're done spamming my threads with the same knee jerk sentence, I'd be interested in just a hint of an original thought.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Is this going to be your response to every political thread? I am not sure of your agenda or your reason for posting on these boards. You need to back up your claims of falsehood. In ECK's coc aine thread you proved you are not aware of documented politacal facts.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Kriz_4, look at the site ECK has been using for all of his posts. it's all biased, He has taken that these sites are truthful and believes all the junk posted by a politically biased site. show me how I was proved not to be aware of documented political facts? because you use some sites that have an anti-intelligence, anti-government bent to them. Am I to assume that they have no political agenda attached to them other than to expose the intelligence failures of our government. I have spent over 20 years in the intelligence field. I am a registered researcher at the National Archives, I even get to look at the stuff that not normally seen. I have the Clearances to see them. Believe me, all Intelligence agencies have had problems. Before you believe everything you read on some of these sites, remember this, only .005% of all classified documents are ever declassified. The good ones will remain locked away for years and years.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The originals from here: www.republicansforkerry04.com....

Check out the forums.
That's some angry Republicans! I wouldn't suggest going in there and telling them they're 'leftists' lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Kegs, again you bring a biased site into this discussion.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm just giving you the site it came from. It's not a news article, it's just some guys opinion. That's the only site it comes from.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This "site" (republicans for kerry) is all BS. Typical of leftist lies. Kerry is filth in the worse way. I am a vietnam vet and a pow, I will never forget his "evil".

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
THis is exactly what I was saying. I tell ya man, the GOP eats their own. If Republicans don't toe the party line, its smear, smear, smear. It's pathetic.

For those of you getting hot under the collar b/c some of us Repubs are able to think for ourselves and see through the BU#, why does that bother you so? Why must we all be the ants marching? Why does it always have to be khaki pants and blue button downs? Why are you so damn afraid?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Even the American Conservative cannot bear the thought of 4 more years with Bush. It sure must sting for Bush to hear about this.

Kerry’s the One

By Scott McConnell

George W. Bush has come to embody a politics that is antithetical to almost any kind of thoughtful conservatism. His international policies have been based on the hopelessly naïve belief that foreign peoples are eager to be liberated by American armies—a notion more grounded in Leon Trotsky’s concept of global revolution than any sort of conservative statecraft. His immigration policies—temporarily put on hold while he runs for re-election—are just as extreme. A re-elected President Bush would be committed to bringing in millions of low-wage immigrants to do jobs Americans “won’t do.” This election is all about George W. Bush, and those issues are enough to render him unworthy of any conservative support.
www.amconmag.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Kegs, again you bring a biased site into this discussion.

Would you be ready to tell edsinger the same thing when he does it?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm with you ECK, the Republician party needs an overhaul, they need the character of the presidents of old! Washington would be rolling in his grave by now!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

This "site" (republicans for kerry) is all BS. Typical of leftist lies. Kerry is filth in the worse way. I am a vietnam vet and a pow, I will never forget his "evil".

What evil did Kerry do?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Cearbhall, I don't think Washington would care about the Republican Party. He was a whig.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
I'm with you ECK, the Republician party needs an overhaul, they need the character of the presidents of old! Washington would be rolling in his grave by now!

Reagan would be rolling in his grave, too!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

What evil did Kerry do?

Good question. I guess they meant Kerry went and fought, saw and heard some bad shyte (that we all KNOW happened) and came home to tell the truth about how out of hand it was. Now why on earth would anyone object to that?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Cearbhall, I don't think Washington would care about the Republican Party. He was a whig.

Didn't the whig party begin with John Quincy Adams?

My impression was that Washington was pro-Federalist but undeclared.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Uh, George Washington was against parties. Learned that in public schools. Anyways, I like that. "It not credible! Go to www.Kerryeatsbabies.com for the truth!"

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Uh, George Washington was against parties. Learned that in public schools. Anyways, I like that. "It not credible! Go to www.Kerryeatsbabies.com for the truth!"

Betcha money they like that one!
I wonder if the same right wingnuts that own Newsmax own kerry eats babies.com. It wouldn't be a stretch!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join