It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control in the US...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have a few questions for pro anti-gun people.

Should we stop selling arms to foreign countries and blowing the crap out of them later?

Oh wait, I forgot, that would hurt the economy.

This whole pro-anti gun argument is laughable.

Wait, let me get this straight, you want a Gov. that has killed millions of people to take your guns away? hahaha! ha ha ha...

Hold on I have to stop gut laughing.

Ok, moving on.

Obliviously when you kill a bunch of kids your going to have America by the balls.

The only argument I can think of for being anti 2nd amendment would be the fact that by banning firearms you would save lives.

Wait hold on, I can hear truth knocking.

In 2011 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.

www.guardian.co.uk...

So, around 8,583 people died in 2011 because of guns. That's quite a bit, and it's nothing to look blindly at.

But... hold on.

There is even a bigger killer, and most of you probably indulged in drinking this certain drug last night....

Alcohol!

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which published the study, estimated that 34,833 people in 2001 died from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much beer, wine and spirits.

Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Should we all of the sudden start banning Alcohol again? Oh wait, that didn't work remember? Some guy named Al Capone was created and that wasn't the happiest time in the states.

So, the conclusion.

Why would you want the US Gov. to take your right way to bear arms when in fact the Gov. is one of the biggest fire arm distributors in the world? Why would you want the US to take away your fire arms when NDAA and NDRP has passed?

Do any of you anti-gun people know about NDAA or NDRP? The Patriot Act?

Does any of this ring a bell? You already lost your fourth amendment, and now you want to lose your 2nd?

Jesus cmon guys, your more perceptive then this.

An Agenda is being pushed. Treaties, bills and laws are being set in place. If you can't see it, well, you'll see it when it's too late.

Well that's about it. And trust me, once we evolve to a new society where we can all coexist there wont be any need for firearms, but right now, the 2nd amendment is our last fighting chance against tyranny.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I support the anti-gun bandwagon.

Now please make fun of me.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The more I think about it the more I find myself siding with the "pro-gun" side.

I must admit, if I ever heard a noise in my house at 3am I would feel A LOT better if I had good ole 12 guage with me.

But I also do support more background checks, but I don't think I would ever support a full blown ban

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

I'm not going to make fun of you.

I just don't see the logic right now of banning fire arms when NDAA, and NDRP has passed.

It doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The thing is that nobody is seriously trying to ban all guns and prevent Americans from having guns. Nobody is going to come knocking on people's doors trying to take their guns, and even if they wanted to, I think they all realize how futile and disastrous that would be (especially given the opposition to the current limited proposals). And as far as defending yourself from the government relates to the current proposed bans, don't worry. Even if it passes, you'll have just as much chance of coming out of an armed conflict with the US military with a bullet in your head with the remaining guns available as you would have with the banned weapons.

new topics

top topics

join