It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll 'pry guns from cold, dead fingers'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
When it comes to gun control arguments, this guy is clearly over the top:

For 50 years, the left-leaning columnist Donald Kaul has raged against guns, but after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, he says, it’s time for “anger,” killing gun owners and dragging legislators who disagree with gun control behind pickup trucks until they get the message.

The Pulitzer Prize-nominated columnist penned an alarming screed published in the Des Moines Register in which he further suggested the Second Amendment be repealed and the National Rifle Association be declared a terrorist organization.

mobile.wnd.com...

I thought I'd heard it all, but this guy?

Deport him to the UK.

His first step: “Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. … Surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.”

Lunacy. Pure lunacy. Worse than the lone wolf criminal fringe.

Second: “Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. … Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that ‘prying the guns from their cold, dead hands’ thing works for me.”

How about we make YOUR hands cold and dead, you friggin idiot?

Third: “Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.”

“And if that didn’t work,” Kaul concludes, “I’d adopt radical measures.”

I got your radical measure, right friggin here.

I don't get upset at much anymore, but this guy?

It would appear Kaul has supplied his missing ingredient.

No. This person is missing many ingredients, the main one being the capacity to understand why those rights are guaranteed. And HA, big guarantee that turned out to be. NOT.
edit on Wed Jan 2nd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If the government wasn't such bought and paid for, this guy would be arrested and deported to North Korea where he belongs. He loves the state having full power? Well he can go and live in his paradise where the government controls everything you do and if you don't like it, you die at the hands of the state.

He would have been a great friend to Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and the engineers of the Rwanda genocide...
edit on 2-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Deport him to the UK.

How about we make YOUR hands cold and dead, you friggin idiot?

I got your radical measure, right friggin here.

I don't get upset at much anymore, but this guy? If I EVER see you face to face, it's war. WAR! You hear me?

I think you both sound nuts...which was his goal.

This guy can publish whatever garbage he wants and then villify you for your reaction, making you the gun-crazed nutjob. Why play in to it?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
That guy is a total d**k.
The fact that he got nominated for a Pulitzer is incomprehensible.
People who are THAT far-left are dangerous, and should quite simply be ignored.
This man=total loon.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

it’s time for “anger,” killing gun owners and dragging legislators who disagree with gun control behind pickup trucks until they get the message.

So he wants to kill and torture people.

But he's against guns?

ETA: This guy is proof that gun owners need their guns to defend themselves.

edit on 2/1/13 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

wow, what an A-hole.

Maybe people like this should be locked up huh?

I dont see how you can agree with someone who is this sick in the head about this issue. Shows how unbalanced and unjustified the hate towards gun owners can be. If you are against gun ownership, just take a moment to think over your stance after seeing yourself standing next to people like this prized specimen on a side that has been made entirely be the anti gun people. Another divide that they made in our country.....
edit on 2-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
This guy can publish whatever garbage he wants and then villify you for your reaction, making you the gun-crazed nutjob. Why play in to it?

How can I be a gun crazed nut job if I don't even own a gun? But I will defend the right of those who own them to the bitter end. And besides, I wouldn't give that guy the pleasure of a quick bullet death. It needs to be slow and as painful as possible.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Calm down , shooting idiots just gets you in trouble . If you take a few deep breaths you might be able to figure out a better ( sneakier ) way to get him .

Joking aside we should put some pressure on him . Remember Rosie O'Donnell after Columbine ? She said a bunch of nonsense like that and had to back down some when she caught a lot more flack than she thought she was going to get .

These people always under estimate how many patriots there are .

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
If those quotes are accurate ...and I say that ONLY because clicking through from WND gave me a login screen...the man just committed multiple federal crimes. I want to see the SS pursue the man on them too. That level of hate speech is absolutely unacceptable and I have no doubt it would never be tolerated as a column run in a major U.S. newspaper if the names and references were tweaked just a bit to read differently for who the intended victims of his ideas are. However....that may not qualify him for a visit from the unwelcome wagon from Washington.

Specifically, I looked it up to get section and verse.

(a) In General.— Whoever—
(1) forcibly assaults, resists, opposes, impedes, intimidates, or interferes with any person designated in section 1114 of this title while engaged in or on account of the performance of official duties; or

(2) forcibly assaults or intimidates any person who formerly served as a person designated in section 1114 on account of the performance of official duties during such person’s term of service,

shall, where the acts in violation of this section constitute only simple assault, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year,or both, and where such acts involve physical contact with the victim of that assault or the intent to commit another felony, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.
Source - USC 18, Part 1, Chapter 7, section 111

and for the part it refers to strictly in defining who qualifies?

USC 18, Part 1, Chapter 51, Section 1114

Book 'em, Dano.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well I think WND searched long and hard to find an anti gun article that exhibits the foaming at the mouth extremism that is so often applied to those in support of the 2nd Amendment. I think that's the only reason anyone would pay attention to some columnist from Des Moines.

However I'd like to see someone take out like a full page add in the Des Moines Register with the following:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I love how he's advocating murder in order to take away guns from folks. That's how you know that he's an enlightened fellow. /sarcasm

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Actually... If you google a little bit.. He made pretty wide spread coverage on his hate filled rant. I discovered that because I recognize the reference. I wouldn't have ...save for the fact my Poli-Sci class last year included a full movie about the murder of James Byrd in Jasper, Texas in 1998.

I was actually hunting for any writing he did about the Byrd murder when I found I wasn't the first to make that connection...many others have too. That guy is filth and the Des Moines Paper needs to fire him.

edit on 2-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor adjustment of wording

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I love how he's advocating murder in order to take away guns from folks. That's how you know that he's an enlightened fellow. /sarcasm

That's how you know why Americans need guns... to protect themselves from statist treasonous trash like that.

Statists, republicans or democrats are the real threat to America, not North Korea, not Iran, statists... Every terrorist out there is a statist, he wants the state to impose their radical insanity on all... Talibans/Nazis/Commies/Democrats/RINOS, all statists. Statists are the greatest murderers in history.

And that's why people need to be armed against the state.
edit on 2-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Hawking

How can I be a gun crazed nut job if I don't even own a gun? But I will defend the right of those who own them to the bitter end. And besides, I wouldn't give that guy the pleasure of a quick bullet death. It needs to be slow and as painful as possible.

So he wants to kill people and destroy the 2nd amendment and you are anxious to sadistically torture him for as long as possible until he dies?

I think you're both batsiht
edit on 2-1-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
it should be illegal for idiots like this to attack the second amendment.

It should be a crime to forcibly strip rights away from the people- guaranteed rights-not to be infringed upon.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I bet this media scum bag has cried and cried and even begged for tolerance.
This man has no shame and no pride instead of just making his point he let his true progressive side out. Being a progressive liberal is mental disorder that needs to be treated with shame and pride building.

When will the moderate liberals wake up and see who is leading them. It was the same 8 years ago when the ultra conservatives took control. The middle of the road conservatives had to jump ship so do the middle of the road liberals.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Only one word explains that guy.... f/head. Someone should drag him behind a truck for his obvious stupidity.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I sure hope that the Secret Service has this guy arrested ...freedom of speech is one thing, but some people will take your words to heart and actually do it..plus he is making threats....I dont care what country he is from...you should know better than that.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Love it. Making the world safer by slaughtering tens of millions of people.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Now did you have a reason for not including Kaul's actual article in your op?

Anyway here it is and it is no way as bad as the op makes it out to be, at least not in my opinion.

www.desmoinesregister.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join