It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the government really going to come for guns?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I really am wondering how many people really think that the government is seriously going to come after guns in the U.S.

From what you're seeing, do you think that they're going to come for guns?

I'm more inclined to think they'll pull a false flag to get the "revolution/civilwar" going. They know the people are pretty much all talk and no action so they'll have to do something radical enough to foment a general uprising in order to justify martial law. The majority of military types probably won't go against the American people in such an event so they'll turn their loyal-to-no-one, highly trained mercenaries loose on Americans to collect the guns and openly put the boot on our necks.

Its what they've been trying to do in Iran. So far Ahmadinijad has stayed cool and collected but, eventually, if he doesn't react to all the goading to justify their lust for blood and treasure, they'll pull a false flag against the US or Israel and blame it on Iran. Its always the same, false flags are in the power brokers DNA, its all they know.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

well now, considering this link you shared, i wouldn't doubt it as much as i did last year.

link
Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., speaking during a radio interview, stated that in implementing new gun control measures, confiscation of guns is on the table for consideration.
that's downright treasonous activity there ... although, it explains the public identification and mapping of permit holders, doesn't it ?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We are all missing the big the picture there is a gun grab underway , read this
www.un.org... The US Gov is in the act of joining this , there are UN treaty's in place for the UN to come in and help with the gun grab /confiscation this is not an over night plan, but a long thought out plan. The Gov knows if they where to come and get them there would be blood spilled, to prevent this,
Ban the sale or the right to own, this is the first step.
The Second step Make it so costly only the rich can have the right to own, not enough to make a stand or to worry about, this is already the case, pay the tax,200$ each weapon, jump through the hoops, NCIS, FBI checks and you too can own a full auto M60, 50 cal 30 cal or BAR M4 M16 or a MP5.
The last step make all owners of 'band' arms register them, once the ban is in effect then the grab will take place, one by one, door by door, just like the census collection takes place.
If can not produce the weapon(s)
Go to jail, face fine, and then serve time, that is if your not held under the NDDA act, then your just detained.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

First, Chicago (America's "Second City", under Mayor Rahm-rod Emanuel, being at the vanguard of the attack on the Second Amendment); then Illinois and finally the entire country.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I really am wondering how many people really think that the government is seriously going to come after guns in the U.S.

If so, do you think that it will only be "assault" weapons, or do you think that it will be a much larger and widespread gun ban?

There is no doubt factions in the federal government want the american populace disarmed. Dianne Feinstein's new bill, if signed into law in its current form, would ban and backdoor confiscate nearly all semi-autos. The "grandfathering" in the bill will force confiscation since it would require gun owners to pay the atf $200 per gun in order to qualify for grandfathering. In other words, you can only keep your guns if you are rich. The poor and middle class can't afford to pay off the government which would force confiscation. Her definition of "assault weapons" would extend to virtually all semi-autos even if that semi auto was your grandfathers 1911 that holds 7 bullets or a semi-auto shotgun that holds a whopping 3 rounds. The images on the tv will be fully auto m-4's equiped with every imaginable attachments, and terrorists with rocket launchers.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
they arent going to come for the guns more then likely that wont work.. but they dont need to.. they can just put harsh restrictions on bullets, magazines, gunpowder, ect.. make you register to be able to buy them, having to tell which guns you have and plan to buy ammo for, ect... To me if this was my agenda I would go this route...

Although this would be bad if done correctly and for the right reasons and strictly enforced it wouldnt take the guns out of the hands of criminals but guns do no good with no bullets.

Now obviously since it wont be properly enforced and the government will just sell bullets to whoever illegally like they currently do with guns/ammo as well as criminals can steal ammo, ect so we cant trust them to do this. It could work but it wont just like most things. But it would be the perfect way to get a list of everyone who has guns and what type, most people dont keep tons of ammo around and it doesn't last forever also, and if you cant buy reloading stuff then you cant reuse your shells. Once they have a list they can easily come take your guns.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

If so, do you think that it will only be "assault" weapons, or do you think that it will be a much larger and widespread gun ban?

No, Only half wits and the paranoid think that. They can not come for all guns per the 2nd. What I do see as possible is the assualt weapons ban we had from 94 to 04 coming back. Although to be honest I am not even sure if that much is going to happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

well we shall see come the 3rd of jan2013 that is tomorrow if you missed the date cms.nraila.org... from the link

According to a Dec. 27th posting on Sen. Feinstein’s website and a draft of the bill obtained by NRA-ILA, the new ban would, among other things, adopt new definitions of “assault weapon” that would affect a much larger variety of firearms, require current owners of such firearms to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act, and require forfeiture of the firearms upon the deaths of their current owners. Some of the changes in Feinstein’s new bill are as follows:
think your m1911 is safe from the ban think again

Targets handguns in defiance of the Supreme Court. The Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment protects the right to have handguns for self-defense, in large part on the basis of the fact handguns are the type of firearm “overwhelmingly chosen by American society for that lawful purpose.” Semi-automatic pistols, which are the most popular handguns today, are designed to use detachable magazines, and the magazines “overwhelmingly chosen” by Americans for self-defense are those that hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, Feinstein’s list of nearly 1,000 firearms exempted by name (see next paragraph) contains not a single handgun. Sen. Feinstein advocated banning handguns before being elected to the Senate, though she carried a handgun for her own personal protection.
There is no such thing as "no it will not happen" it is now a matter of when it will happen

edit on 2-1-2013 by bekod because: line edditing

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The real half wits are the ones who keep saying "that cant happen here", it can and more and more impossibilities happen every day in this country.

The UN gun grab you mentioned is the icing on the cake.

If our government can't get the guns, I can see the blue hats coming for the rest.

Nothing is beyond belief these days, it's a whole new USS of Amerika.
edit on 2-1-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

No,I think 'they' will come for our guns before spring
if not sooner!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
The real half wits are the ones who keep saying "that cant happen here", it can and more and more impossibilities happen every day in this country.

The UN gun grab you mentioned is the icing on the cake.

If our government can't get the guns, I can see the blue hats coming for the rest.

Nothing is beyond belief these days, it's a whole new USS of Amerika.

Everyone isn't going to actually read the summery of the bill on her website, listen to her speech on c-span a few days ago, and check the NFA she references to in both.

Warrentless wiretaps won't happen in america either or at least that's what George Bush told us.

Of course that's not to say she'll get her way. Obama would sign it in a heartbeat, but it might not over come the filibuster threshold in the senate, and getting through the house would probably be impossible. On the other hand, if our government actually respected the bill of rights, we wouldn't have to get molested as a pre-requisite to get on a plane.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
No they aren't going to confiscate my or your guns.

Imagine the manpower that would take. There aren't enough anti gun people out there to pull it off.

The NRA, gun manufactures and shooting sports enthusiast, are a very powerful lobby in DC. Not gonna happen. Stop the fear mongering; it's lame.

Use your common sense. It's just not feasible.

We've been hearing this "they're gonna get our guns" BS since Reagan was shot. Hasn't happened yet!
edit on 2-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Yah...but fear=money. The NRA would have you believe that they wrote the second amendment and that they are the only ones standing between tyranny and you!

Kind of a great gig...they collect from NRA members, gun manufacturers and conservative PACs...2004 was the last time they reported financials and they collected more than 200 Million and the President of the NRA got close to a Million.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grownshow

Don't need to check the NFA regs. I know them. Yep. It's the truth. $200 per item, plus your chief-LEO (who's signature is required on the NFA application) has the opportunity to deny you his signature AT WILL. If he doesn't think you deserve it then you don't get it and you have to surrender the firearm.

I'm buying the last pistol I need shortly, just a piddly little .22 pistol. Since it has a threaded barrel it will be restricted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join