It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass bird deaths in TN in afternoon. 12-31-12

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

It depends on where you live. Cops get called around my neighborhood in the city if you set off Fireworks/crackers, on a non-holiday.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This thread needs a song

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-1-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

So sad.....This is my bird family and tribe!

If you want to know why we fall out of the sky and die, it's because of your overuse and manipulation of the electro-magnetic field, which causes us to lose the magnetic signatures of our tightly synchronized flight paths.

You people are the [SNIP] problem!

Starling

edit on 3-1-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
A car killed them all? lol.... Now that is creative. It beats swamp gas and ball lightning .... but then, how precisely WOULD they explain this? I believe a couple past incidents just gave up and left it at guesswork under a big 'we dunno for sure'. However... with this?

A count of the birds on the scene stopped at around 50, when not even half of the visible birds were tallied. Perhaps dozens more were scattered in a nearby field, which was flooded from the recent rainfall. As far as 60 yards from the main site of the birds, individual starlings were found.
(Link from original OP)

What did the car do? Drive back and forth and out into the field? The birds must have been very depressed to keep running into the car repeatedly and all over the place like that.

I've seen my share of bird strikes in my years of driving a truck. I've nailed a few myself, in fact. ONE...they don't just plop down, pretty as you please with no visible damage to them. They kinda pop into a little cloud of feathers and what does land ...isn't clean like the pictures there. You also don't get a whole flock of at least 50..and the article states as many as 300...all hit in one big mass. Heck, the car would look worse than they did. I don't know how they figure that story works

edit on 2-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks Wrabbit. I saw this initially on the 10pm local news before my father left for work. I made sure he shut up so I could listen to the report. They did mention that it was well around hundreds of birds at first, but the link posted reduced it to merely 30-40. I don't live in that area of Tennessee, but it was something that I was paying close attention to when it happened. The odd thing is, I was looking at a flock of birds just the other day thinking about this before it happened on the news..

I mentioned to my father that I sincerely believed it was tied into the magnetic poles, the proposed shift, and solar maximum/flare. I have read a lot over the past couple of years where animals with navigation abilities based on the magnetic field, such as whales, birds, dolphins, etc, were dying suspiciously... Several stories about dozens of whales/dolphins beaching themselves. We've all heard about the birds dropping dead out of the sky...

This all points to the ever-moving magnetic poles, and changes in the field..
edit on 2-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Just reaching here.... What could kill them? Something that disrupts their brains transmission of automatic body functions, ie. breathing, heartbeat.... or..?
Insects are primarily what they eat, though thought to destroy crops, the evidence proves otherwise.

By eating GM crops pests/insects, could they be consuming toxins that somehow immobilize their bodily functions? And if so..... what about the timing? I guess I'm proposing some cause and in the same breath shooting it down.

At any rate, there is something affecting both terrestrial and aquatic animals, and in dramatic numbers.

edit on 2-1-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Whilst these bird deaths are sad, they are nothing new.

Readers who worry that there's something nefarious afoot in the multiple reported bird die-offs in the nation this past week can take heart. There's actually excellent historical evidence that this sort of thing happens all the time, according to Randall Cerveny, a professor of geography at the School of Geographical Sciences & Urban Planning at Arizona State University in Tempe.

"Massive bird falls have long been noted," he tells USA Today. Here he lists 12 over the past century:

1. Baton Rouge LA: July 1896:

On Friday morning last early risers in the little capital [Baton Rouge La.] witnessed a peculiar sight in the shape of a shower of birds that fell from a clear sky, literally cluttering the streets of birds that fell from a clear sky, literally cluttering the streets of the city. There were wild ducks, catbirds, woodpeckers, and many birds of strange plumage, some of them resembling canaries, but all dead, falling in heaps along the thoroughfares, the singular phenomenon attracting many spectators and causing much comment.

The most plausible theory as to the strange windfall is that the birds were driven inland by the recent storm on the Florida coast, the force of the current of air and the sudden change of temperature causing death to many of the feathered creatures when they reached Baton Rouge. Some idea of the extent of the shower may be gathered from the estimate that out on National Avenue alone the children of the neighborhood collected 200 birds.

2. Worthington MN, March 13, 1904: 750,000 Bird Fall.

"Roberts tells the fate of migrating Lapland Longspurs on the night of March 13-14, 1904 which 'was very dark but not cold, and a heavy, wet snow was falling with but little wind stirring. Migrating Longspurs came from the Iowa prairies in a vast horde, and from 11 P.M. until morning, incredible numbers met their deaths in and about villages by flying against buildings, electric light poles and wires, and by dashing themselves forcibly onto the frozen ground and ice.' In Worthington, Minnesota, an attempt was made to compute the numbers lying dead on two lakes with an aggregate area of about two square miles. 'A conservative estimate showed that there were at least 750,000 dead Longspurs lying on the two lakes along!' The total area on which dead migrants were found covered approximately 1,500 square miles."

See below for the source, and to read the rest of the article. Unfortunately having the link here plays havoc with the formatting of my post - why I don't know??

Whilst there may be human causes in some cases, let's not forget that nature is unforgiving. In this case it sounds like they may have been spooked, and most birds don't see well at night, so they can easily fly into obstacles.

People on this site are acting as though this is something new (and therefore worrying), but chances are that most of the past historic incidences of animal die-offs have gone under the radar - today's news gathering is much more far reaching and comprehensive than it was in the past, and sites like this one actively gather reports like this one, giving the impression to people that events like this are increasing in frequency greatly.

The reality, say biologists, is that these mass die-offs happen all the time and usually are unrelated.

Federal records show they happen on average every other day somewhere in North America. Usually, we don't notice them and don't try to link them to each other.

"They generally fly under the radar," said ornithologist John Wiens, chief scientist at the California research institution PRBO Conservation Science.

Source: huffingtonpost

There is no doubt that in this day and age that pressure from humans on the environment has increased the stress on wildlife in general, which may increase the frequency of these events to some degree, but I don't think it's as much as as some on here seem to think.

Click on the link to read the rest of the article: [url=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/sciencefair/post/2011/01/bird-die-offs-not-at-all-uncommon-says-professor/1#.UOQyG6x2hRw]usatoday.com[/ur l]
edit on 2-1-2013 by FireballStorm because: formatting

Anyone know why the formatting is screwed up? I can see a gap in my url, but when I go to edit it, the gap is no longer there????????
edit on 2-1-2013 by FireballStorm because: formatting

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You're kidding... Wow.. Someone had just been predicting in a thread (can't recall which one now) in the last couple days that we'd see a mass bird event or quake. I recall it being about the date and past years holding true.

So no one actually saw them in-flight when they went from straight and level to falling as dead and dying? Damn...

One of these days...by pure accident... someone will capture the event on film and there will be A LOT of explaining to do.

I remember that. I think the thread had something to do with someone in Louisiana and HAARP.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Carreau

Just a thought, but I wonder if they have been spraying any "chemtrails" in your area recently? The birds may have possibly flown through some chemicals that would dissipate before reaching ground level, thereby affecting the birds but not necessarily any other animals. I've never really delved into the "chemtrail" conspiracy, but I have witnessed a flock of birds fall from the sky when they flew through a stream of chemicals released by a crop duster. Maybe chemtrails could cause something similar.

WOW! You witnessed some birds dying after flying through poison. That is UNBELIEVABLE!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This happened right down the road from me. Ive heard of incidents like this before in other places, but it feels very strange when something like this hits so close to home!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
"Chemtrails" and HAARP... grow up people!

HAARP gets blamed for everything from "my milk's gone off" to "rocket launch failures", when there is no evidence to suggest it does anything apart from the high atmosphere research it was designed for.

Chemtrails only exist in the minds of paranoid/delusional people that have nothing better to do than to rant about them on the internet, when their time would be much better spent doing some meaningfull research into the subject.

edit on 2-1-2013 by FireballStorm because: typo

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It does happen a bunch on New Years eve.
Fireworks at 1pm aren't doing that.
If I was a paranoid ATS member I'd say New Years Eve
is a great time to try out an atmospheric weapon.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Were there any thunderstorms in the area? The birds might have flown into an updraft, or perhaps, even a tornado and were thrown out after.
edit on 2-1-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow, this is pretty close to my parents' home. I was there for the holidays.

Thanks for posting this, my parents keep all the interesting news secret (they claim they forget to tell me, but I think there's more to it than that).

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hmm not on the 1st like I thought?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I witnessed this in Cleveland, Tn several years ago. It was weird as all get out. A bunch of robins were hoping and flying around in this weird daze like they were either drunk or had just gotten nailed in the head. I walked outside a building and saw a robin floping on the ground. I picked it up thinking it had been wounded by a small predatory animal like a cat, but it didn't have any visible wounds. I placed it in a tall bush, looked around and saw robins all over the place acting weird but they weren't as dizzy acting as the one i caught.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Chemtrails, HAARP, something along those lines has to be responsible. Maybe GMO foods if they had eaten GMO crops? I'm not sure, and I don't think we will ever truly know.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
I did a search and didn't find a thread for this latest Mass bird deaths that occurred in 12-31-12. I found previous mass animal deaths in Fragile Earth, General Conspiracies and Breaking Alt News so I chose this forum. Please move if I am wrong.

What makes this incident a little different than the previous ones is that it happened at 1pm in daylight and witnessed by people as it happened.

Birds Fall From The Sky In Seymour

Sgt. Robert Stoffle of the Sevier County Sheriff's Department said a call about the birds came in around 1:15 p.m. He said a witness reported seeing the birds in flight before turning back around to see them on the ground.

While the vast majority of the birds were dead by the time The Mountain Press photographer arrived, several were still alive, convulsing and flopping their wings on the ground.

I've heard the theory that poison is the cause for most of these incidents, but I'm not sure in this case since it's a residential neighborhood and the story failed to mention any other animal deaths lately due to poisoning of other animals ie, pets.

If someone has a possible answer I would love to hear it.

too easily i could have made a post predicting this.. happens every year..

New Years Fireworks!

let me add a theory to that.. the fireworks keeps the birds stirring all night, flying in attempts to escape the loud noises and sudden flashes of light. in a panicked fear all night long and by morning are exhausted from flying all night and drop to the ground. just a theory.
edit on 2-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just a thought...keep in mind this is pretty close to oak ridge national labaratory. Could be totally unrelated though.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Before anyone else feels the need to post the fireworks theory, please explain what someone was doing letting them off at 1pm and explain in DETAIL how you kill 30-50 birds at the same time with fireworks in a residential neighborhood in the middle of a road and no one reports said fireworks killing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join