It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass bird deaths in TN in afternoon. 12-31-12

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I did a search and didn't find a thread for this latest Mass bird deaths that occurred in 12-31-12. I found previous mass animal deaths in Fragile Earth, General Conspiracies and Breaking Alt News so I chose this forum. Please move if I am wrong.

What makes this incident a little different than the previous ones is that it happened at 1pm in daylight and witnessed by people as it happened.

Birds Fall From The Sky In Seymour

Sgt. Robert Stoffle of the Sevier County Sheriff's Department said a call about the birds came in around 1:15 p.m. He said a witness reported seeing the birds in flight before turning back around to see them on the ground.

While the vast majority of the birds were dead by the time The Mountain Press photographer arrived, several were still alive, convulsing and flopping their wings on the ground.

I've heard the theory that poison is the cause for most of these incidents, but I'm not sure in this case since it's a residential neighborhood and the story failed to mention any other animal deaths lately due to poisoning of other animals ie, pets.

If someone has a possible answer I would love to hear it.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw that on the news. It's creepy, and it's been happening a lot lately.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Just a thought, but I wonder if they have been spraying any "chemtrails" in your area recently? The birds may have possibly flown through some chemicals that would dissipate before reaching ground level, thereby affecting the birds but not necessarily any other animals. I've never really delved into the "chemtrail" conspiracy, but I have witnessed a flock of birds fall from the sky when they flew through a stream of chemicals released by a crop duster. Maybe chemtrails could cause something similar.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Saw this yesterday. Was hoping this was something new.

Link
Witness saw a car hit a group of birds while speeding down the road.

I also read that peta and another animal rights group has set up a reward for any info on who hit the birds.
PETA

Also, it happened Sunday the 30th. It was posted to the website yesterday, the 31st.

edit on 1-1-2013 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Dangerous gas bubbles...hydrogen sulfide. Check out thread in my signature. These die-offs have been increasing and will continue to increase.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You're kidding... Wow.. Someone had just been predicting in a thread (can't recall which one now) in the last couple days that we'd see a mass bird event or quake. I recall it being about the date and past years holding true.

So no one actually saw them in-flight when they went from straight and level to falling as dead and dying? Damn...

One of these days...by pure accident... someone will capture the event on film and there will be A LOT of explaining to do.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

So no one actually saw them in-flight when they went from straight and level to falling as dead and dying? Damn...

Well, I linked a website above. Someone that lives there near the incident saw the birds swirling around the road and a white car speed through and hit the birds.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It happens every new years eve.

Fireworks.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

This was at 1pm, not fireworks. Did you even READ the post?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I saw this on my local news; I live in TN. It kinda 'shocked' me to an extent, because it made me look towards the magnetic poles, and solar flares...

Birds navigate by magnetics from what I am aware, and I heard the Solar flares, and sun cycle is the cause of all the animals killing themselves that operate similarly, whales beaching, etc.
edit on 2-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Yes. And how do you know it wasn't fireworks? A couple of kids were kicking them out of the road when they were discovered.

The kids just appeared out of nowhere huh?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You don't bring down 30+ birds with a couple of firecrackers, the kid was likely someone who lived on the street.

How do you know it was firecrackers?

edit on 2-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
usatoday30.usatoday.com...

Noooooooooooooo ... it was Nbiru

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If you took the time to look at the pictures, it happened in a residential neighborhood, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there are children living in the houses in the pictures lining the road with the dead birds. And I don't know about you but as a child I waited for dark to set off my fireworks.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Fire"works" are legal in TN.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

When I was a kid, me and my older brother couldn't wait to light them off.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Well in that case you must be right. By the way, how did the children kill all those birds with fireworks? And why did no one report that fireworks were going off when the birds dropped from the sky and no mention of it in the report?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

Well in that case you must be right. By the way, how did the children kill all those birds with fireworks? And why did no one report that fireworks were going off when the birds dropped from the sky and no mention of it in the report?

Kids will be kids. No one was paying attention. Kids are sneaky like that. I know I was.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Here is a link from the same news site as the op

Link

They were hit by a car. Not by fireworks.

I read another site yesterday that had the police comment on this. They said something about the speed limit being 25 on that street and that the car would have been speeding pretty fast. Can't find it anywhere.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Dangerous gas bubbles...hydrogen sulfide. Check out thread in my signature. These die-offs have been increasing and will continue to increase.

That or something like it would be my first guess . But i'm thinking if you ever see a bunch of birds falling out of the sky it may be time to go .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join